Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilson Chandler to Toronto? Forget about it (473)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    thats true. But it would be hard to move kleiza and JJ IMO is a keeper. So we're kinda screwed, i'd move kleiza before JJ though. Chandler brings more to the table then Kleiza and JJ would be a nice Defensive serge off the bench.
    Bryan also has the amnesty at his disposal. If he really wants to keep JJ, and Denver does not want to do a sign and trade, they could amnesty Kleiza and get back another $4M to give us about $8M to go after Chandler. So we have options.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      thats true. But it would be hard to move kleiza and JJ IMO is a keeper. So we're kinda screwed, i'd move kleiza before JJ though. Chandler brings more to the table then Kleiza and JJ would be a nice Defensive serge off the bench.
      I do like Kleiza's offense off the bench too, along with his ability to play PF in a small lineup. Given JJ's contract/age/defensive spark, I could see him demanded in a S&T for Chandler or potentially used in another deal. If BC gets Chandler AND still targets a wing in the draft, then both JJ and Kleiza could be on their way out... who knows, only time will tell!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Bryan also has the amnesty at his disposal. If he really wants to keep JJ, and Denver does not want to do a sign and trade, they could amnesty Kleiza and get back another $4M to give us about $8M to go after Chandler. So we have options.
        yea we could amnesty him. But BC will have to get a deal done with Chandler before using the amnesty on kleiza. No point in amnestying kleiza and then losing chandler to the nuggets or another team.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I definitely think one of Amir or Ed are gone but Chandler can spend some time at the 2 guard. I think the acquisition of Chandler could possibly set the stage for DeMar's exit over the summer.
          I really feel that DeRozan's playing career in Toronto is not in jeopardy. Colangelo doesn't usually give up on prospects quickly. Unless they draft a guy like Lamb then I feel that if anything Colangelo will have DeRozan in summer league and he'll have his guys working with him at different points in the off-season. Colangelo has a pretty solid history of standing by his picks unless a roster move causes a redundancy.

I agree that Chandler can play some 2 but you don't want him starting there.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I like the idea of packaging one of Amir/ED, DeMar, and something centered around this draft and a future draft draft pick to land someone really 'happy' in a 'grizzly' situation which would leave Chandler to start at the 2.... but that is a dead horse that has been pummelled
          If they're trading Amir or Ed I think they better be getting a lottery pick back or a really interesting prospect/young vet. Give me a "yay" or "nay" on the following names if we're talking Ed Davis outbound:

• Jan Vesely
          • Marcus Thornton
          • Thaddeus Young
          • J.J. Redick
          • Wesley Johnson
          • O.J. Mayo
          • Chase Budinger
          • Klay Thompson

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            The amnesty has a deadline which was before this season started. They will not get a chance to use the amnesty again until the off season, most likely after July 1st.

Comment

The amnesty has a deadline which was before this season started. They will not get a chance to use the amnesty again until the off season, most likely after July 1st.
              Thanks, I didn't know that - or I did but completely forgot about it.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                I still prefer Nico Batum by an insanely large margin. He is a better overall player than Chandler.
                eeesh - not sure I agree with that...
                "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I really feel that DeRozan's playing career in Toronto is not in jeopardy. Colangelo doesn't usually give up on prospects quickly. Unless they draft a guy like Lamb then I feel that if anything Colangelo will have DeRozan in summer league and he'll have his guys working with him at different points in the off-season. Colangelo has a pretty solid history of standing by his picks unless a roster move causes a redundancy.

I agree that Chandler can play some 2 but you don't want him starting there.

If they're trading Amir or Ed I think they better be getting a lottery pick back or a really interesting prospect/young vet. Give me a "yay" or "nay" on the following names if we're talking Ed Davis outbound:

• Jan Vesely
                  • Marcus Thornton
                  • Thaddeus Young
                  • J.J. Redick
                  • Wesley Johnson
                  • O.J. Mayo
                  • Chase Budinger
                  • Klay Thompson
                  haha me thinks Matt was referring to Rudy Gay. I think Davis/Amir & DeRozan would be pretty fair deal for Gay - I certainly wouldn't include a lottery pick along with the two of them though, I think that would be too much to give up (considering the Raps would be taking on a lot more salary too)

I think Davis/Amir would be a fair starting point for Mayo. I'm personally not too big on the rest of that group.

If BC were to sign Chandler and make a big trade for another wing, then suddenly BC's 2012 draft goals would be up in the air! Would make for some very interesting discussion on RR!

Comment

• Jan Vesely
                    • Marcus Thornton
                    • Thaddeus Young
                    • J.J. Redick
                    • Wesley Johnson
                    • O.J. Mayo
                    • Chase Budinger
                    • Klay Thompson
                    nay
                    nay
                    nay
                    yay
                    nay
                    yay
                    nay
                    nay

with z-bo down couldnt mayo for davis work? or is there a possibility that 76ers would want amir or ed for turner?

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      As a few people have mentioned previously, I think if Chandler is signed, either J.Johnson or Kleiza immediately becomes expendable - even after Barbosa is traded. Much like the glut of PF, I don't think there would be enough minutes for DeRozan/Chandler/Johnson/Kleiza - even less if a wing is still a target with the 2012 lottery pick!

SF: Chandler (SG), Johnson (PF), Kleiza (PF)
                      SG: DeRozan (SF), Forbes

on a real team i think forbes is either not there or end of bench depth type not a backup to your sg

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        or is there a possibility that 76ers would want amir or ed for turner?
                        They invested a #2 overall pick in Turner and so I say no. If he goes down he sucks those who drafted him down with him.

Comment

• Jan Vesely
                          • Marcus Thornton
                          • Thaddeus Young
                          • J.J. Redick
                          • Wesley Johnson
                          • O.J. Mayo
                          • Chase Budinger
                          • Klay Thompson
                          I'm thinking much bigger.

Comment

I'm thinking much bigger.
                            Lol, gee who could that be. Not like you left any clues for us the last few months to help us out there Matt.......

Comment

• Jan Vesely
                              • Marcus Thornton
                              • Thaddeus Young
                              • J.J. Redick
                              • Wesley Johnson
                              • O.J. Mayo
                              • Chase Budinger
                              • Klay Thompson
                              nay
                              nay
                              eh?
                              nay
                              nay
                              yay
                              yay
                              yay

thompson really interests me
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                                Lol, gee who could that be. Not like you left any clues for us the last few months to help us out there Matt.......
                                Subtly has never been my strong suit.

Comment

Working...
                                X