X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    replied
    Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    What will he want next? That his loans be forgiven because he is a star?
    Hello!? He's a Young Gun. He's "too big to fail."

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    A young man is upset at the team which gave him his big break because he believes the team should include him in their plans moving forward despite him choosing to play overseas.

I am shocked I tell you, shocked!

The forums have been a good source of a few chuckles today - this was one of them.

Leave a comment:

• Hugmenot
    replied
    A young man is upset at the team which gave him his big break because he believes the team should include him in their plans moving forward despite him choosing to play overseas.

I am shocked I tell you, shocked!

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Fully, last time I checked there were only three Young Gunz in the entire 7 billion population. Hello? Am I the only getting Sonny's stance?

Leave a comment:

• Fully
    replied
    Apparently being a fringe rotation player on a lottery team means that you should stay in the collective thoughts of the franchise and it's fanbase, even as you play on the other side of the world.

I won't miss him.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    I'd take KP on my team any day. The term "warrior" is thrown around too frivolously and often....but this guy in my view is one. The Celtics rue the day they let him go. One of those players you hate but admire....because they play so hard.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Someone needs to tell Perkins that Twitter didn't exist in '98.

While I do agree with a lot of what Perkins said, Jordan had one of the biggest mouths in the league. He's either forgetting or too young to know how hated Michael Jordan was. Jordan was loved in his day, respected in his day, feared in his day but man, the hate was high as well. It wasn't until after he retired that it shifted to pretty much 100% love for everything MJ.

LeBron craps out of his mouth a lot no doubt about it, but let's leave His Airness out of it. MJ is from an entirely different era. LeBron can crap out of his mouth all day and back it up on Perkins(or almost anyone in the league) though. If Perkins wants to get posterized a couple more times this season then he picked the right man to single out.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    I wonder if Perkins would feel this way if he wasn't on the receiving end of that poster, lol.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    If they were all stars they wouldn't have been out there shamelessly self promoting their own Raptors "A-list" team. Nike or Adidas or RBK or someone would be exploiting that stuff for them and paying them handsomely. The Young Gunz was idea was completely ridiculous. LOL

Imagine if Bargnani was putting out posters calling himself "The One Man Show"? He would have had three or four "new ones" ripped by now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...griffin_020712

Perkins respected Griffin for not making a spectacle of the dunk afterward or gloating about it. But he wasn’t too appreciative of LeBron James tweeting praise to Griffin.

Several NBA players commented about the dunk on Twitter and in media interviews, but the only one that bothered Perkins was James.

Shortly after the dunk, James tweeted, “Dunk of the Year! @blakegriffin just dunked on Kendrick Perkins so hard!!! Wow! I guess I’m No. 2 now. Move over #6.” James was referring to his alley-oop dunk he threw down after jumping over Chicago Bulls guard John Lucas III a day earlier.

“You don’t see Kobe [Bryant] tweeting,” Perkins said. “You don’t see Michael Jordan tweeting. If you’re an elite player, plays like that don’t excite you. At the end of the day, the guys who are playing for the right reasons who are trying to win championships are not worrying about one play.

“They also are not tweeting about themselves talking about going down to No. 2. I just feel [James] is always looking for attention and he wants the world to like him.”
    It is not very often I agree with anything Kendrick Perkins related.... especially when it comes from him.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    If they were all stars they wouldn't have been out there shamelessly self promoting their own Raptors "A-list" team. Nike or Adidas or RBK or someone would be exploiting that stuff for them and paying them handsomely. The Young Gunz was idea was completely ridiculous. LOL

Imagine if Bargnani was putting out posters calling himself "The One Man Show"? He would have had three or four "new ones" ripped by now.
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Feb 8, 2012, 10:38 AM. Reason: Mago!

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Well I mean, come on, Nilanka. He did create those Young Gunz posters which very wisely segregated him, DeRozan and Amir as the dynamic trio which was going to lead this franchise to greatness. Colangelo needs to wake up because he can't split up the Young Gunz. I mean they're the Young Gunz, they've done so much to earn their own separate Raptors sub-group and Colangelo needs to start recognizing this. All that Young Gunz imagery can't go to waste, it's too important.
    lol, you make a good point about the polarizing effect the "Young Gunz" campaign would've had in the locker room. I mean, if DeRozan, Sonny and Amir were established stars, it would be entirely justified, but I bet there were more than a few players who were collectively rolling their eyes.

Wonder if that marketing manager is still employed...

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Doesn't he know that DeMar isn't going to call him back if he's coming off as all clinging so early on in the relationship? This guy needs to learn how to play the game.
    lol

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Doesn't he know that DeMar isn't going to call him back if he's coming off as all clinging so early on in the relationship? This guy needs to learn how to play the game.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Didn't he send out the passive-aggressive tweet last year about not hearing from DeMar since the end of the season?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Singing in the locker room after getting eliminated from playoff contention won't exactly fit in with Casey's culture change efforts. Sonny has great physical talent, but something about his whole demeanor, I never really liked.

He'd make some nice trade filler. Clippers need a SG after Billups injury.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X