Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 8th - Milwaukee Bucks

'CBR' Matchup Edition

Childhood Bragging Rights are on the line in this matchup - DeRozan versus Jennings.

Milwaukee is going to be battling for the 8th place.
    Toronto is going to be battling for more lottery balls.

If you think Casey slows the ball, wait until you catch a glimpse of Skiles' team. To ensure I stay awake I might hook a string up to the trigger of a stun gun and tie it around my head. If my head drops - 1000V ZAP.

ESPN Preview:

The Toronto Raptors and Milwaukee Bucks erased huge deficits in their most recent games, only to suffer heartbreaking defeats.

Each know they need to get off to better starts going forward.

Looking to avoid a fourth consecutive loss, the Bucks try for a seventh win in eight meetings with the Raptors, who open a seven-game homestand Wednesday night.

Averaging a league-worst 19.5 points in the first quarter, Toronto (8-18) got off to another awful start Monday at Washington. After trailing by 10 after 12 minutes of play and 15 at the break, the Raptors found themselves down 79-61 with 3:02 to play in the third quarter.

Toronto, though, fought its way back and forced overtime behind strong efforts from Jerryd Bayless and Linas Kleiza, but lost 111-108 after scoring three points in extra period.

"That was a bad exhibition of basketball. We had an unprofessional start," coach Dwane Casey said. " ... You have to go off on them at halftime to get them to play. It shouldn't have to ever get to that, and that's why I was disappointed, even with the second-half comeback."

James Johnson shared the same sentiment.

"It's just something that doesn't need to be said. We're professionals, we're grown and this is our job," Johnson said of the team's sluggish play early on. "If you can't come out ready for your job then either we need to find new starters or go find a different day job."

While most would like their chances of regrouping versus the road-weary Bucks (10-14), the Raptors haven't experienced much success in this series of late. Toronto has dropped six of seven to Milwaukee -- including all four meetings last season by an average of 9.3 points.

Losers of 10 of 13 on the road, the Bucks suffered their third straight loss overall Tuesday, 107-105 to Phoenix.

Milwaukee allowed a season worst-tying 67 points in the first half and trailed by as many as 21 in the third quarter. The Bucks, however, would rally to go up by four midway through the fourth before ultimately coming up short.

"We just need to come out with a better sense of urgency from the start," said Mike Dunleavy, who had 17 points off the bench. "Most of our games the last week or so, we've been real bad to get going, to get off the jump. Hopefully we can get off to a good start and play a good four quarters (Wednesday)."

In addition to picking up the pace early on, Milwaukee could surely use a more inspired effort from leading scorer Brandon Jennings.

Averaging 19.2 points, Jennings scored only three while putting up just four shots -- the fewest in his career when playing more than 12 minutes.

"I just got in and talked to him," coach Scott Skiles said. "He looked a bit disconnected. I'm not sure why."

While Milwaukee won't have to worry about containing the injured Andrea Bargnani (strained left calf), it could have its hands full with Bayless and Kleiza, who each scored 30 points Monday.

Bayless is averaging 16.1 points over the last seven games -- significantly higher than his season mark of 11.7. Kleiza, meanwhile, has recorded 20.7 points per contest during the last three.

It is nice to read my own thoughts coming out of Casey's mouth after the game at Washington.

Nice feed from Bayless to James Johnson and Jose to start off.

Comment

Does anybody else but me cringe when they see Amir wide open from about 20 feet and the pass heading straight for him?

Comment

haha Indeed. He CAN hit it .. just hasn't been lately.

Bayless is making some great passes. The shots just aren't converting.

Comment

DEMAR!!! 4th from Downtown!

This guy IS the "Enigma of all Enigma's", to quote Bryan Colangelo.
          I just don't get it! haha

Comment

Wow ... what a jam from James "Jams" Johnson

Comment

"Butler, Step Back, its a 3!!"

There is nothing more I hate hearing during the course of a game.

ADD Wow he hit a couple from deep. I'm surprised/impressed.
              Last edited by Joey; Wed Feb 8, 2012, 09:53 PM.

Comment

This game felt like watching one from last year.... they just couldn't stop anyone and when they did they couldn't capitalize. I could handle losing the game but not when the team lacked intensity - especially on the defensive end. If this year is all about culture change, can we see some please?

I thought this game would be like 89-84 final score. So much for that......

Comment

Did everyone see how bad are offensive got in the last 5 minutes. Nobody on the court could create their own shot. Wow only if we had a guard that could get his own shot. Wait we do but, he was injured. This proves what I ws expressing the other day in the Bayless Threat. We sure could of used his shot creating in the closing moments of the game.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Did everyone see how bad are offensive got in the last 5 minutes. Nobody on the court could create their own shot. Wow only if we had a guard that could get his own shot. Wait we do but, he was injured. This proves what I ws expressing the other day in the Bayless Threat. We sure could of used his shot creating in the closing moments of the game.
                    Bayless was 3-10 and 0-5 on threes with 3 turnovers in 26 minutes.

Now the 7 assists and simple passes he made at the start of the game were a nice change.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Now the 7 assists and simple passes he made at the start of the game were a nice change.
                      Soo you disagree with him?

Despite the shooting, Bayless had a great game and would have certainly helped us, in my opinion.
                      But I guess you just won't give Bayless any props at all. Even when they're kinda warranted.
                      He made some GREAT passes tonight. Not just the 'simple' one that Leo pointed out.

I think having Bayless down the stretch would have been exactly what we needed.
                      Last edited by Joey; Wed Feb 8, 2012, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

He had no bounce the whole game. He left the game with a sore angle so that obviously explains his shot tonight.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

My god this roster needs work
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Does anyone notice the defense has gotten slower the past few games? Guys are getting more and more complacent.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              Does anyone notice the defense has gotten slower the past few games? Guys are getting more and more complacent.
                              A good opportunity to weed out the players who will not be returning. Complacency = ticket out of town. *hopefully*

Comment

Working...
                              X