Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Won A Trip To Vegas At The Game Tonight!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Won A Trip To Vegas At The Game Tonight!!

I need to go to bed, but first I need to tell you this story..
    We get to the game early and are sitting in our seats waiting, when a woman approaches us and asks me if I'm 21 and if I play basketball. I say yes, and she signs me up for a contest. When the game starts she comes to my seat, grabs me and brings me down to the floor level. She puts me in a hallway with the Raptor, the dance pack (I didn't talk to them I swear), and a security guard. I tell the lady I might pee my pants..
    She gives me a ball to get comfortable.. I attempt to dribble it on the floor, but it's padded and the ball doesn't bounce.. Instead it rolls away from me and under a waitresses feet who is carrying a tray with beers. The cop helps her keep her balance and I quickly pick up the ball... Fail. I put my arm around the officer and say, "If they ever happen to give you a ball.. Don't bounce it.. This floor is not very bouncy and you will be embarrassed.." He laughed
    They call a time out and they rush me onto the court. They put me at the top of the charge circle inside the key and tell me I have twenty seconds to score as many as I can. I miss my first one, make some, shoot an airball (at which point everyone laughed at me), and hit some more. I end with five
    I rush to half court where the dance pack are holding signs and I get to pick five of the signs to reveal their letters. They spell a location, and if I guess it I win a trip to that place. After picking my signs it reveals "L_ _ VEG_S".
    I shout into the mic, "Yo Matt, we're going to LAS VEGAS BABY!!!" and I drop to my knee to do the Tebow (it sucked.. No-one got it.. I need to practise..)

Was anyone there? If so, erase that airball from your memory and we wont have any problems.

Please god let there be video of this
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

You know, I was thinking the opposite..

Comment

I was a witness to this happening. Although I thought it would have been hilarious if you got all those letters and didn't guess where it was.
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Congrats!
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I was at the game as well congrats......too bad they didn't give you the hotel to go with the flight!!!

Comment

Hey at least someone won something last night!

Very big Congratulations man. Thats really cool!

Comment

RaptorFan (proud?..) wrote: View Post
                I need to go to bed, but first I need to tell you this story..
                We get to the game early and are sitting in our seats waiting, when a woman approaches us and asks me if I'm 21 and if I play basketball. I say yes, and she signs me up for a contest. When the game starts she comes to my seat, grabs me and brings me down to the floor level. She puts me in a hallway with the Raptor, the dance pack (I didn't talk to them I swear)
                Woah, woah, woah, hold the phone here. You didn't even say "hi, my name is RaptorFan and I'm an admirer of your work"?

RaptorFan (proud?..) wrote: View Post
                Was anyone there? If so, erase that airball from your memory and we wont have any problems.
                Wait--- Forget what I said about the dance pack, it really didn't matter.

Seriously though, congrats! What an experience that must have been and you have a pretty good story in your back pocket to tell in the future.

Comment

For real, congrats..like Apollo said, you got a great story to tell in future.. provided that you don't sell it.

Comment

at the game and saw you do it .... air ball and all! Congratulations. Are you going to bet the house on the raps?

Comment

lol You know what man, I actually gave the trip away. My future brother in law gave me the tickets and I thought it would be cool to return the favor. I've got a wedding on the way and the money's pretty tight.. Plus I'm a churchie, so of all the people in the world that a trip to Vegas would be wasted on, I'd be high on the list..

My two take homes from this night.
                      1. Wear a jersey to the game. That's hands down the only reason they chose me over the other guys in my vicinity.
                      2. Practice that little inside, top of the circle hook.. Because you never know when ten thousand people are going to watch you throw up an airball..

Comment

When you said "air ball" I assumed you "grannied" it towards the oxygen which was surrounding the basket.

Comment

Was the air ball worse than http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGdv1Ebwnk0 ?

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            Please god let there be video of this
                            Yes

Congrats man. Please post the video if you find it somewhere.

Comment

hmm. i'm just waiting for someone to say. I was there, but, all i remember is the massive hangover i had the next morning.

I guess basketball and football games are different environments.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X