No announcement yet.

Colangelo interview with Bob McCown on FAN590

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, I was listening to the Colangelo interview live when at one point, Colangelo's phone cut off. That's when I stepped out of the car. Was anything of substance said after that? I'm assuming they got him back on the line.

Comment

meh, who cares he'll be on again within a month preaching the same things in different words.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Regardless of who was coming off the bench, the team has won the rebounding match ups 2/3's of the time with Bargnani in the lineup. The team is also 6-7 with him and 2-12 without him.

I appreciate your argument but I disagree.
        Bargnani does a lot of great things, but going and getting the ball at an above average level is not one of them. Dallas surrounded Dirk with guy's who did that better then anything else, and he won a championship ( That wasn't the only reason of course ). His SF and C couldn't create a shot, and only rebounded and defended at an elite level. Their job was to get the ball from the other team for their scorers.

The team that gets the most rebounds doesn't win. If your 2nd unit kills the opposing second unit on the glass, but can't score with those extra possessions, those rebounds didn't mean anything towards the final score. If we can get closer to 50% of the rebounds while our scoring talent is on the floor, then we can actually go somewhere with it.

Comment

big_chris wrote: View Post
          Bargnani does a lot of great things, but going and getting the ball at an above average level is not one of them. Dallas surrounded Dirk with guy's who did that better then anything else, and he won a championship ( That wasn't the only reason of course ). His SF and C couldn't create a shot, and only rebounded and defended at an elite level. Their job was to get the ball from the other team for their scorers.

The team that gets the most rebounds doesn't win. If your 2nd unit kills the opposing second unit on the glass, but can't score with those extra possessions, those rebounds didn't mean anything towards the final score. If we can get closer to 50% of the rebounds while our scoring talent is on the floor, then we can actually go somewhere with it.

You're missing the point. Rebounding is a team effort. If one guy doesn't box out, it screws the whole team. Bargnani doesn't need to get the ball to help on the glass, he just needs to make sure the guy he is guarding doesn't get the ball either.

There is a whole thread with these types of arguments about Bargnani. The argument is old and stale and is not supported by the team's record with him in the lineup nor the rebounding match up. Oh yeah, and if the team that gets the most rebounds doesn't win, why exactly are you shitting on Bargnani, especially when we the original topic was if he was a number 1 scoring option or not.

Comment

Working...
          X