X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sleepz
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Even Colangelo conceded that maybe DeRozan is better suited to the 3.
    Some people including myself have been saying this in the blogs for a little while now.

They need either a better ball handling or shooting 2 than DeRozan moving forward.

No disrespect to Demar, I just think he may be better at the 3 but will have to significantly increase his defensive intensity

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Barnes or Miller comes to mind
    Quincy Miller has slowly and very surely grown on me over the course of the Season.

I was initially very much set on Drafting Barnes and being done with the matter, but Miller has shown to be a VERY capable wing player, which at first I was not sold on. Now its to the point where I don't see Miller playing a single minute at PF once hes in the NBA.

Not to mention dude is CLUTCH. He's got all the makings of someone ready to take over a team.
    Ever since coming back from that injury, its like he has a new found love of the game.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Maleko wrote: View Post
    With an outside shot. If we keep Derozan the other wing would most effectively be a solid to stellar outside shooter to balance the floor.
    Barnes or Miller comes to mind

Leave a comment:

• Maleko
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    i like MKG but we need a dominant player at the 3. Someone who we can rely on in crunch time to hit a big time shot and make big plays throughout the game not just defensively but offensively too.
    With an outside shot. If we keep Derozan the other wing would most effectively be a solid to stellar outside shooter to balance the floor.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    i like MKG but we need a dominant player at the 3. Someone who we can rely on in crunch time to hit a big time shot and make big plays throughout the game not just defensively but offensively too.

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    replied
    Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I'm not an expert in college hoops. I'll get that out of the way. However, after having seen some games, internet articles and videos, I've been impressed with MKG. I'm not sure where you are basing your assessment from.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...lipari_Of_Rose
    what i see is the kid is extremely reckless and very uncoordinated he gets by cause he is physically gifted.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    MKG is going to be a really special player. If you can't see that when he plays just stop watching college ball completely.
    dude, just take the hostelity down a notch. I might agree with you if there weren't multiple proven differences in college and pro.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    You mean Gordon option 2.
    The are not getting Eric Gordon. Not only is he restricted but Indiana (his hometown) has a rather large erection for him as well and they have the cap space to back it up.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I agree.

He would be the perfect compliment to DeRozan on the wing defensively. The problem would come offensively as neither one have a reliable jump shot nor create for themselves consistently.

However, if Toronto had a reliable scoring PG things would get interesting. Bargnani would be option 1, PG option 2, DD option 3, JV is the garbage man with a couple of post ups but generally wouldn't need plays run for him to put points on the board, and then MKG. MKG would most likely thrive in transition and cuts off the ball, and like JV, a garbage man who can be effective without plans run for him.
    You mean Gordon option 2.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    MKG is going to be a really special player. If you can't see that when he plays just stop watching college ball completely.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I'm not an expert in college hoops. I'll get that out of the way. However, after having seen some games, internet articles and videos, I've been impressed with MKG. I'm not sure where you are basing your assessment from.

I agree.

He would be the perfect compliment to DeRozan on the wing defensively. The problem would come offensively as neither one have a reliable jump shot nor create for themselves consistently.

However, if Toronto had a reliable scoring PG things would get interesting. Bargnani would be option 1, PG option 2, DD option 3, JV is the garbage man with a couple of post ups but generally wouldn't need plays run for him to put points on the board, and then MKG. MKG would most likely thrive in transition and cuts off the ball, and like JV, a garbage man who can be effective without plans run for him.

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    grindhouse wrote: View Post
    i hope they are there looking at terrence jones or trading up for anthony davis I dont want to see that mkg kid drafted by us he is not a baller just another athlete. if we pick up MKG everyone of his scouts should be fired.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    grindhouse wrote: View Post
    i hope they are there looking at terrence jones or trading up for anthony davis I dont want to see that mkg kid drafted by us he is not a baller just another athlete. if we pick up MKG everyone of his scouts should be fired.
    gilchrist is going to be the real deal.
    he is going to fill out and be a monster on the wing.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    maybe. I'd say top 5, i'm still on the Q.Miller bandwagon. MKG is my third option after barnes

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    replied
    there is no way he goes in the top 3

Leave a comment:

Working...
X