X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 14th: Knicks at Raptors

AKA Jeremy Lin comes to town.

Who else is jacked for this game?

Going to the game. Should be a fun one. I'm sure the Asian community will come out in full force to catch a glimpse of Linsanity.

Comment

I totally would, I always liked this kid, finally he gets some recognition.

Comment

So pumped. Should be a fun PG battle to watch. Definitely wish we'd gotten Lin instead of AC, but knowing he wouldn't have had much of an opportunity here, I'm happy for the guy that he's getting a chance in NY.

Comment

Wonder how many book deals he has received and whether or not he has signed off on the movie to be made from the book. Guy probably had an unlisted number till last Wednesday.

Comment

TSN3 wrote: View Post
            So pumped. Should be a fun PG battle to watch. Definitely wish we'd gotten Lin instead of AC, but knowing he wouldn't have had much of an opportunity here, I'm happy for the guy that he's getting a chance in NY.
            Dont know why he wouldnt have gotten a chance here...if he was...so thats a moot point. The facts are that 2 teams let him go and if NY did not have the injuries they had to their pgs (Douglas & Davis) and Shumpert who is really a sg could not handle the job and Billups had not been amnestied Lin would probably have been on another bench somewhere. He literally fell into DAntoni's lap because they had run out of options....and then lightning struck. Wait till Melo comes back and screws up the chemistry or Lin decides to take too many shots!!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              Dont know why he wouldnt have gotten a chance here...if he was...so thats a moot point. The facts are that 2 teams let him go and if NY did not have the injuries they had to their pgs (Douglas & Davis) and Shumpert who is really a sg could not handle the job and Billups had not been amnestied Lin would probably have been on another bench somewhere. He literally fell into DAntoni's lap because they had run out of options....and then lightning struck. Wait till Melo comes back and screws up the chemistry or Lin decides to take too many shots!!
              He would've been behind Calderon and Bayless at point and Derozan and Barbosa at shooting guard. He'd be in the Gary Forbes role at best, which isn't really much of a shot. The dominoes that had to fall in New York for him to get his chance don't really matter. All that matters is that he's getting that chance now, and sure Melo's return will probably alter his role, but I'd rather just enjoy the show then worry about what's going to happen when it's over.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                Going to the game. Should be a fun one. I'm sure the Asian community will come out in full force to catch a glimpse of Linsanity.
                Damn I'm so jealous.

Well whatever, I'm expecting pictures!

Comment

I feel like Lin might have had an opportunity here what with Bayless getting injured and Carter being a zillion years old. Oh well, every team in the league is saying what if.. at this point (GSW and Houston in particular) - It's a shame, but maybe if our cap situation holds we can make a run at him if he pans out. Lord knows NY cant pay him with 2 max players, an expensive chandler and a bunch of rookies they need to extend so that NY doesn't immediately explode if any one of their big three goes down again.

Comment

I really hope that both Amare and Carmelo comes back for this game. This way, we have a chance to win at home.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                      I really hope that both Amare and Carmelo comes back for this game. This way, we have a chance to win at home.
                      If Stoudemire comes back, better hope Anthony comes back as well; Lin and Stoudemire might work very well together.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                        If Stoudemire comes back, better hope Anthony comes back as well; Lin and Stoudemire might work very well together.
                        ESPN reporting that Stoudemire is going to play!
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                          ESPN reporting that Stoudemire is going to play!

Drat, foiled again. How good would it feel to steal two from the knicks this year...

Comment

If Lin continues his current play, I'm pretty sure the Knicks do everything in their power to keep him.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how he does with Carmelo back.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X