No announcement yet.

February 14th: Knicks at Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calderon actually played good D tonight. Yes he got burned twice in the second half, and then the last shot in his face. Overall Calderon was the better player in that matchup. I don't hear you guys bitching about how Calderon lit up Lin. There is a reason Lin got taken off Calderon. Lin should be commended on how he played at the end tonight, he hit a difficult shot at the end.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
      You're shitting on the guy after he's played amazing two games in a row? If he wasn't out there tonight we would have had virtually NO offense. Think the last 4 minutes, but all game. And going on about Bayless just doesn't matter, he was in civies tonight.

And how long do we wait on Bayless? Do we give him the 6 year plan like Bargnani?
      I'm not bashing on Calderon. He played a good game. I'm just suggesting that given the chance Bayless could produce and how much time did the Knicks give Lin? They just threw him into the fire.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Jeremy Lin is a perfect example of how Jerryd Bayless can thrive in this league. If given a chance to play through his mistakes he can produce. I hope Calderon gets traded soon! Bayless finally gets his legit chance.
        You can't really compare the two. Jeremy Lin has court vision and can dish the ball despite the turnovers. As for Bayless, well let's just say he has tunnel vision and is a shooting guard playing the wrong position. No doubt he can produce, but he's not the answer at point so getting rid of Calderon without bringing in a suitable replacement doesn't really make any sense.

Comment

• Was it just me that found it freakin hilarious that the whole crowd erupted after Lin hit that last shot?

Comment

• raptors2012 wrote: View Post
            Was it just me that found it freakin hilarious that the whole crowd erupted after Lin hit that last shot?
            I think "pathetic" is a more accurate word

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I think "pathetic" is a more accurate word
              I chose disgusting.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                I'm not bashing on Calderon. He played a good game. I'm just suggesting that given the chance Bayless could produce and how much time did the Knicks give Lin? They just threw him into the fire.
                I think there is a big difference between lin and bayless, when lin gets in a pick and roll he hits the pick shoulder to shoulder with his teammate then locks in the defender so there is no chance to recover plus waits for the roll continues to the rim and has all the options in the world based on what the defense does, finish on the right side , finish on the left side, bounce pass, kick it back out to the perimeter, floater, jump shot...

bayless doesn't use the pick most times or takes a bad angle puts his head down and goes straight for the basket. bayless can never do what lin does.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                  How do you let a guy who has been sitting on the bench and cannot shoot this year take the final shot? Lin had a pretty good game, great shot at the end. Calderon is playing amazing lately, to bad he coughed up the ball a couple times late. He should have had a couple more screens to help him with the pressure.
                  Iman was on him I would say he is the best perimeter defender in the league right now. I wanted use to get another draft pick and get him but...

Comment

• What do the great players always tell you about hitting the big shot on the road, and what they love about the sound in the arena: the silence. They love the silence.

Here, the Air Canada Centre exploded. It was mayhem. Perhaps everyone knows this is something for the ages, something that’s become a happening, and it hardly mattered that Lin had done it to them. It was just that Lin had done it again, and, man, it was something to behold.

“You see what he’s done in arenas, and you see what happens when he’s introduced during away games,” Fields said. “The crowd’s going nuts. It’s almost like a home game out there for us.”

The NBA is such a league of jealousy and agendas and angles. Everyone is playing one – management, coaches, players. That’s the beauty of this story, the innocence of it. They’re watching Lin win these games night after night, and admiring his poise on and off the floor.
                    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;...raptors_021512

Comment

• i was torn I really wanted them to play well. I thought the six game winning streak made for a compelling story. But at the end of the day MY team lost a heart breaker. I think the crowd picked up on the mixed feelings as well
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• As soon as that play got reset at the end and Lin had the ball I just left the room. My wife was like, 'where are you going? it's not over'. But I am a Raps fan. I knew it was over. I knew it would be a three. I knew it would be with no time left on the clock. I knew it would be Lin. I knew the ACC would go nuts. That's just life as a Raps fan.

I was reading so many younger posters on various sites losing their minds last night. Over Lin. Over the crowd. Over the Knicks. Honestly, I felt nothing. It's just another night in Raptorland.

Comment

Working...
                        X