X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Completely agree. If you have an opinion or something to say. Make sure its illegible.
    why?

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    If you get: B, C+, C, C & D ... why does that equal an overall D?
    Cause they suck at math

Leave a comment:

• Hugmenot
    replied
    Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Math is hard?

Leave a comment:

• Papa Burgundy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    I'd give the coaching a B+ or A- but yeah otherwise, sure.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    he's not marking individually genius. So you can't give 2 different back court players 2 different marks. And you sure as hell can't give DeRozan a F for being inconsistent thats just bullshit. Thats pure hate, DeRozan will be here a long time so deal with it. Offense is definitely not an F either considering we kept up with the likes of LA, SA, NY and almost won all those games. If you were grading these you would get fired after this article. You literally just underrated every part of this team.
    Completely agree. If you have an opinion or something to say. Make sure its illegible.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    Beat me to it. I never know how these things are graded: against expectations or NBA-wide curve. In this case, I'm not sure it matters. Bargs has played well and deserves a B+ (damn injuries). I'd give Calderon a B- cause of the consistency issues. Everyone else is no better than a C. Derozan deserves an F. Davis a D. James Johnson and Barbosa get Cs. Bayless is INCOMPLETE. Everyone else is irrelevant. The offense is an F. The defense, I'll go C for a middle of the pack team. Coaching is an INCOMPLETE.
    he's not marking individually genius. So you can't give 2 different back court players 2 different marks. And you sure as hell can't give DeRozan a F for being inconsistent thats just bullshit. Thats pure hate, DeRozan will be here a long time so deal with it. Offense is definitely not an F either considering we kept up with the likes of LA, SA, NY and almost won all those games. If you were grading these you would get fired after this article. You literally just underrated every part of this team.

Leave a comment:

• WestsideRidah
    replied
    Seems like a pretty good assessment to me, at least Schumann seems to get what this season is all about for the Raps unlike most of his American counterparts.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    CT2010 wrote: View Post
    I suppose I agree in principle to your grading here, but I think we need to grade the team not against the other teams in the league, because there is no doubt that we have less talent. I think we have to grade them against what the expectations for them at the beginning of the year. I think they have done well against the preseason expectations with a few notable exceptions.
    Beat me to it. I never know how these things are graded: against expectations or NBA-wide curve. In this case, I'm not sure it matters. Bargs has played well and deserves a B+ (damn injuries). I'd give Calderon a B- cause of the consistency issues. Everyone else is no better than a C. Derozan deserves an F. Davis a D. James Johnson and Barbosa get Cs. Bayless is INCOMPLETE. Everyone else is irrelevant. The offense is an F. The defense, I'll go C for a middle of the pack team. Coaching is an INCOMPLETE.

Leave a comment:

• CT2010
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    What do you guys think?

Agree? Disagree?

I personally think its probably one of the more balanced and insightful summaries of what this team is right now.
    I suppose I agree in principle to your grading here, but I think we need to grade the team not against the other teams in the league, because there is no doubt that we have less talent. I think we have to grade them against what the expectations for them at the beginning of the year. I think they have done well against the preseason expectations with a few notable exceptions.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    started a topic Raptors Midseason Report Card: D

Raptors Midseason Report Card: D

NBA.com

Frontcourt:
    Andrea Bargnani was off to a strong start, but has missed 18 games with a calf injury. Amir Johnson and James Johnson have provided defense, but not much offensively. GRADE: D

Backcourt:
    Jose Calderon is having another efficient season, leading the league in assist/turnover ratio and shooting much better than he did last year. But DeMar DeRozan has been inconsistent. GRADE: C

Defense:
    After two straight seasons as the worst defensive team in the league, the Raptors have found a way to get stops under Dwane Casey. They're the third-most improved defensive team, behind Minnesota and New York. GRADE: C+

Bench:
    Leandro Barbosa, Jerryd Bayless and Linas Kleiza are all averaging double-figures off the bench, but none of the three has been all that efficient. They've combined to shoot just 41 percent. GRADE: C

Coaching:
    Casey immediately began repairing the Raptors' biggest problem: defense. He'll need more talent to get them functioning offensively again. GRADE: B

Summary: D
    The Raptors have started over. This season is about establishing a new system and new culture in Toronto, with wins and losses coming after player and team development on the priority list.

The future includes No. 5 pick Jonas Valanciunas and a 2012 lottery pick, as well as a handful of young players already in uniform. Two of those are DeRozan and Ed Davis, both just 22 years old.

DeRozan and Davis have had up and down seasons thus far. And for the sake of the Raptors' future, they need to show more consistency and progress over the next two months.
    -John Schumann
    NOTE: These are according to NBA.com.

What do you guys think?

Agree? Disagree?

I personally think its probably one of the more balanced and insightful summaries of what this team is right now.
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Feb 21, 2012, 09:27 PM.
Working...
X