Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Commentator/Journalist Do You Respect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Throw in my fav Jack Armstrong, HELLOOOOOOOO!!!!

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    DA is pretty awesome. Kenny smith is a douche half the time. Brent Barry is a smart dude, Dennis scott is good, and Steve smith too.

Leave a comment:

• JYFelony
    replied
    For TV....

My Top 3:
    JVG
    Hubie Brown
    Mike Fratello

My Bottom 3:
    Shaq (hilarious, but not a great analyst)
    Reggie Miller (annoying voice, some stupid comments)
    Leo Rautins (no explanation needed)

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Doug Smith bothers me. Kyler from hoopsworld drives me nuts.

Wolstat from the Sun of all places and Chisholm are two I respect and seem to generally know what they're talking about.

As far as tv goes Chris Webber has really surprised me. He's excellent. Barkley used to be way better but he's still the best of the bunch. Hubie Brown is usually pretty good, I find.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    I like Aldridge as well and Brent Barry who seem to have an unvarnished perspective on players or nba events. Gus Johnson as a in game commentator is good. Doug Smith...hmmm. I'll take Grange over him.

Leave a comment:

• Liston
    replied
    Jeff Van Gundy.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    I'm a big fan of Jeff Van Gundy. Yah he can be a bit annoying sometimes but he isn't afraid to call it like it is. Doug Smith seems to be reliable. He actually is close to the Raptors organization so the information that he gets is usually spot on.

As for the other side of it. I do enjoy Barkley and friends for entertainment value, but I take what they say with a grain of salt. It's hard as a Raptor fan because you really don't get mentioned in the US media.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    started a topic Which Commentator/Journalist Do You Respect?

Which Commentator/Journalist Do You Respect?

I was going over some 2011 draft Youtube videos and was reminded of how much I respect David Aldridge. On the other hand...Kenny Smith. I got to wondering who RR members respected most. Anybody have any names they want to throw out there. I'm not looking for the best in any objective sense, just who do you like?

I will admit right up front, I have enjoyed Doug Smiths blog/commentary over the years.
Working...
X