Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN: "Lots of teams are calling Toronto about Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN: "Lots of teams are calling Toronto about Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani"

Lots of teams are calling Toronto about Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani. The Raptors aren't likely to part with Bargnani, and if they move Calderon, they'll need to get a point guard in return. That would seem to make a trade for Calderon unlikely.
    Source: ESPN.com

A big lot of nothing here but the headline captures your attention, doesn't it?

I wish a "person with inside knowledge" on the Raptors would leak the contents of those calls to RR, for us to discuss. I mean, we collectively have no issue debating the merits of vague gray area topics like this, but an honest black-and-white rumor would be fantastic... AND we could provide BC/ES with some fan feedback! lol

Comment

If Bargnani was on the table what would he fetch? A top 5 pick?

Comment

God I'd love to be a fly on the wall in BC's office and hear the actual offers
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          If Bargnani was on the table what would he fetch? A top 5 pick?
          I think that would be expected. I would want a vet as well now after what he did so far in a limited sample this season. His value is no doubt at an all-time high.

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I wish a "person with inside knowledge" on the Raptors would leak the contents of those calls to RR, for us to discuss. I mean, we collectively have no issue debating the merits of vague gray area topics like this, but an honest black-and-white rumor would be fantastic... AND we could provide BC/ES with some fan feedback! lol
          Be careful what you wish for. Knicks fans are driven crazy by constant, specific rumors on trades and signings. 99% of it turns out to be a load of crap. I'm happy with the current crap volume in Toronto thank you.

Comment

Do the trade matt was suggesting. Calderon to Portland for Raymond Felton, I'd love that. And also check this out:
            http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...tting-benched/

Well Felton if you come to Toronto you'll sure as hell be starting my friend. BC make this shit happen

Comment

I agree, I love that BC keeps his cards close to his chest. The New York media is ridiculous and half the rumours that come out are just made up. I like that when a rumour about the Raps comes out the trade is almost complete. Look at what is happening with Gasol in LA, his performance is suffering because of all the rumours. It would be nice to hear what's being offered for these guys though.

Comment

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=89a9n89

Matt's trade 2.0

Force the Blazers to include Batum : they might let him go for nothing next summer cause teams will put tons of $ on the guy and at some point, they won't be able/want to match. At least they get a good and young prospect rather than nothing.

Comment

Guys Felton isn't the dude you want running the team, especially with the plethora of buffets in Toronto
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Fanchie wrote: View Post

Matt's trade 2.0

Force the Blazers to include Batum : they might let him go for nothing next summer cause teams will put tons of $ on the guy and at some point, they won't be able/want to match. At least they get a good and young prospect rather than nothing.
                    I don't think Portland would do that. If they would, do it immediately!

I posted an article in free agency on Batum since he has started at SG - incredible performance of late.

I would just go straight up Felton for Calderon and make a very large offer to Batum with the $21.5M in cap space. The Raptors could also see how Felton fits in Toronto and look at signing him if they liked what they saw - despite his show this year, he does have talent. Given his struggles this year, it might result in a good contract from Toronto's perspective.

Comment

Fanchie wrote: View Post

Matt's trade 2.0

You'd have a better chance switching DeRozan for Davis. Why would Portland trade a blossoming SF/SG starter, for a backup PF (he'd be behind Aldridge) who hasn't shown any sign of improvement this season. I doubt they'd even do it with DeRozan included... last year probably, but likely not this season. Regardless, I'm not a Felton fan, so I don't like it.

Comment

Geez, just because Jose's trade value is at an all time high we should trade him? Not buying it. He runs the team well. He might be the PG we would trade for if we didn't have him.
                        Peace. Positivity. Prosperity.

Comment

The Fox wrote: View Post
                          Geez, just because Jose's trade value is at an all time high we should trade him? Not buying it. He runs the team well. He might be the PG we would trade for if we didn't have him.
                          I cannot wait for the posts from the 'Hindsight Crowd' telling how Calderon should have been traded before the deadline when his value was at an all time high and now he is useless because he is injured.

In my opinion it is not if it happens, just a matter of when.

Comment

Does anyone know why Felton is having problems in Portland? Their coach McMillan is one of the best in the league andits not like he (Felton) hasnt been there for awhile...andto be replaced with Crawford it must be something serious (basketball or personal).

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              Does anyone know why Felton is having problems in Portland? Their coach McMillan is one of the best in the league andits not like he (Felton) hasnt been there for awhile...andto be replaced with Crawford it must be something serious (basketball or personal).
                              He showed up fat. He has not been in shape this season. He must have thought the season was going to be wiped out.

Comment

Working...
                              X