Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN: "Lots of teams are calling Toronto about Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh his contract expires this year? sign me up then!

edit: only if we get a pick or 2 out of it though
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      oh his contract expires this year? sign me up then!

edit: only if we get a pick or 2 out of it though
      Yes, I would like to get the higher of the 2 LA picks (or both!), as well as Charlotte's 2nd round pick (which would be in the 31-35 overall range), in addition to Calderon's approx. $10M worth of cap space made available once Diaw's contract expires at the end of the season.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        Yes, I would like to get the higher of the 2 LA picks (or both!), as well as Charlotte's 2nd round pick (which would be in the 31-35 overall range), in addition to Calderon's approx. $10M worth of cap space made available once Diaw's contract expires at the end of the season.
        I'm all for the idea of this trade happening but what would be even nicer would be a swap of Bayless for Augustin as well. I think that makes more sense for both teams.

Both are RFA's. Augustin is more of a true PG but Charlotte has Kemba in the wings. Bayless on the other hand is a combo-guard that can give you instant offense. Something Charlotte is lacking.

I don't think DJ is our answer long term, but if Toronto has his rights they would be able to match any offer that comes his way during free agency. And they can get a sense of what he brings to the table in the last 25 games of the season.

Comment

Isn't Kemba considered an instant-offense combo-guard too?

Comment

you guys really overvalue augustine's PG skills. he's a black hole. there's a reason they've been closing games out with kemba at PG.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Isn't Kemba considered an instant-offense combo-guard too?
              Fair enough.. but Kemba is their PG of the future, and I don't think DJ is happy playing with the Bobcats any more (I don't blame him)... it's more wishful thinking on my part but Charlotte is the worst offensive team in the league and a guy like Bayless would give them more points.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                you guys really overvalue augustine's PG skills. he's a black hole. there's a reason they've been closing games out with kemba at PG.
                In no way do I think Augustine is an all-star or anything.. but according to the clutch stats from 82games.com.. he scores the most points for the Bobcats (and 31st in the league) in the last 5 mins of the game... he has had some bad games, but so has Calderon.

If we trade away Calderon we'll need a PG that can actually pass the ball. I know Bayless is not the answer and a simple trade between Bayless and Augustine works for me. We use Augustine in the short term until we find the right PG for our future (like Marshall or Kabongo).

Comment

Working...
                X