Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enlightenment
    replied
    yeah your argument just shot itself in the foot the moment you showed us they have virtually identical stats.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    CT2010 wrote: View Post
    Prove it. What is your opinion based on?
    They don't just play defense at the same rate, but they play offense at the same rate.

For forwards.

PER #56 Marvin Williams #57 James Johnson

Btw, I meant "doesn't give up as much" as he doesn't get scored on any less.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    speedbag wrote: View Post
    You should pay more attention to his game.
    So if you say he's the best defender on a Raptor uniform, that means you haven't seen Doug Christie, who was KNOWN as a perimeter stopper. James Johnson lets up points, sure he blocks shots and grabs defensive rebounds, but he wasn't really stopping guys from scoring. Don't get me wrong, I've been loving James Johnson's game on both ends of the court, but his defense is not amazing, but its pretty good.
    We were talking about Marvin Williams' defense. I see his offense, and I've talked about his better decisions, better shots, aggressiveness, I've seen it. It's been helping the team, plus he has better ball-handling than Derozan..

You should read more of the threads.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    speedbag wrote: View Post
    He's the best defender I've seen in a raptors uniform... whatever that says. He can take over a game on that end. I'm really not sure why more of his blocks don't make the highlight reals. No one has lit him up this year, and Casey has 100 percent confidence in him. His offence is finally finding it's stride. He's taking it hard to the hoop all the time. You should pay more attention to his game.

As for Marvin, I thought BC should have went with him instead of Turk a few years ago. He would have been cheaper and Atlanta wouldn't have been able to match. However, he is inconsistent and can disappear during games.

The Klieza and JJ combo isn't bad for now. Give it another year and see how things work out with the draft and Jonas.
    Yeah but they aren't an answer at the three, I would love them on this team for years to come, but they aren't going to get things done in the playoffs where it was probably a very important piece when it comes to production.

Leave a comment:

• speedbag
    replied
    RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Yeah but James Johnson isn't a defensive stopper......

Marvin Williams can play defense, he's not a Ron Artest, LeBron James, type defender, but he can stop ball and make it hard. It's not bad defense he plays, it's just not great.
    He's the best defender I've seen in a raptors uniform... whatever that says. He can take over a game on that end. I'm really not sure why more of his blocks don't make the highlight reals. No one has lit him up this year, and Casey has 100 percent confidence in him. His offence is finally finding it's stride. He's taking it hard to the hoop all the time. You should pay more attention to his game.

As for Marvin, I thought BC should have went with him instead of Turk a few years ago. He would have been cheaper and Atlanta wouldn't have been able to match. However, he is inconsistent and can disappear during games.

The Klieza and JJ combo isn't bad for now. Give it another year and see how things work out with the draft and Jonas.

Leave a comment:

• IROR
    replied
    Meh.

Leave a comment:

• jimmie
    replied
    pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    In reply to the thread title ...

What ABOUT Marvin Wiliams ?

not interested at all
    Seconded. The guy has never reached his potential, he is what he is: a 25-minute, 9 and 5 guy. Do not want.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Marvin Williams claim to fame....he was picked by Atlanta instead of CP3....to their everlasting regret. Somewhat similar to the Raps (but not as bad) when they opted for Joey Graham instead of Granger.

No thanks. I'd much prefer a Chandler or a Batum.
    Last edited by Bendit; Sat Feb 25, 2012, 07:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pesterm1
    replied
    In reply to the thread title ...

What ABOUT Marvin Wiliams ?

not interested at all

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    The Hawks gave him a pretty nice contract, so they think pretty well of him. With that being said, they're not going to just give him away.

Leave a comment:

• CT2010
    replied
    RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    He's actually underrated defensively, he doesn't give up as much as James Johnson I can tell you that.
    Prove it. What is your opinion based on?

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    enlightenment wrote: View Post
    James Johnson is one of the better defending wings in league..
    Yeah but James Johnson isn't a defensive stopper......

Marvin Williams can play defense, he's not a Ron Artest, LeBron James, type defender, but he can stop ball and make it hard. It's not bad defense he plays, it's just not great.

Leave a comment:

• enlightenment
    replied
    James Johnson is one of the better defending wings in league..

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    Actually I shouldnt say anything I can't remember the last time I've seen him play
    He's actually underrated defensively, he doesn't give up as much as James Johnson I can tell you that.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Actually I shouldnt say anything I can't remember the last time I've seen him play

Leave a comment:

Working...
X