No announcement yet.

Hedont Even Bother Anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hedo was prob. hopeing the raptors would score 100 so he could taste the fine Pizza Pizza slices at the ACC for free..LOL i can picture him now searching the stands for a discarded ticket stub LOL
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Tue Mar 6, 2012, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      They did try to, it's just he was priced out of the range they were willing to pay for him. You seem to forget that the whole league really respected him then and he was rated the top free agent by many. He played the best basketball of his career that season in the most high pressure situations of the playoffs. There are many, many articles which praise his post season play that year. My view is not the minority.
      And he was what the Raptors were sorely lacking at that time, a guy who can not only create shots for himself but also for others, and was A-level in clutch situations. IMO, the attention got to his head. He probably thought coming in to Toronto, he would be the go-to guy over Bosh, but it didnt work out that way, and instead of letting that past him, he sulked. Giving him control over his pre-season regiment also killed the Raptors. They shouldnt have let him rest during training camp.

Comment

Hedo Turkey glue or Turk the jerk

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
          And he was what the Raptors were sorely lacking at that time, a guy who can not only create shots for himself but also for others, and was A-level in clutch situations. IMO, the attention got to his head. He probably thought coming in to Toronto, he would be the go-to guy over Bosh, but it didnt work out that way, and instead of letting that past him, he sulked. Giving him control over his pre-season regiment also killed the Raptors. They shouldnt have let him rest during training camp.
          I agree, he was just so damn outta shape. I believe as well that it was kind of the Raptors coaching that really hurt him. In Orlando he had the ball in his hands as much as the point guards, and he was able to do a lot of the teams creation. There, he was a real point forward. In Toronto, Triano seemed to think Jose and Jack always needed the ball as point guards. They're floor generals, and they're going to have the ball a lo, but it's also their job to get the ball in the right peoples hands. More-so Im blaming the coaching staff because Turk was not a point forward here in Toronto, which is what really could have flourished because Jose and Jack were the only ball-handlers on the team besides Turk.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Some may say, well, your point guards are really the only guys who should be calling plays and creating for their teams. Well how many teams are successful when they have multiple positions that can create?
            Miami, Dallas, LA Lakers, Oklahoma, Orlando, Philly, Clippers, San Antonio, Indiana. These are the top couple teams in the league, and these teams have at least one other position that can play-make and be "point guards"

Comment

I personally think there's a difference between running an offense, and "play-making". Teams definitely need both, but I don't think they're synonymous.

Comment

just glad he's gone...he really could have hamstrung this team for a long time.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I personally think there's a difference between running an offense, and "play-making". Teams definitely need both, but I don't think they're synonymous.
                  Well his initial play type was a POINT FORWARD. So, he was going to be a guy that would be a Lamar Odom -type player, just not as good.
                  IMO Raptors coaching was for full blame that Turkoglu was not handled better. No one respected Triano, he was push-over.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                    Well his initial play type was a POINT FORWARD. So, he was going to be a guy that would be a Lamar Odom -type player, just not as good.
                    IMO Raptors coaching was for full blame that Turkoglu was not handled better. No one respected Triano, he was push-over.

mostly agree with a lot of personal responsibility on a a player who agreed to take 10 million for his service and spent 3 months getting out of shape and then became somewhat of a diva and started a rift in the locker room between the players.

but if you gave hedo to casey i think he would be a different player. he has the skill but seems not the desire or drive. needs a tough as hell coach and not a tough to the camera for publicity coach.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      mostly agree with a lot of personal responsibility on a a player who agreed to take 10 million for his service and spent 3 months getting out of shape and then became somewhat of a diva and started a rift in the locker room between the players.

but if you gave hedo to casey i think he would be a different player. he has the skill but seems not the desire or drive. needs a tough as hell coach and not a tough to the camera for publicity coach.
                      Stan Van Gundy is a straight up realist, and that's why Turk is in control over there.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                        Stan Van Gundy is a straight up realist, and that's why Turk is in control over there.
                        not really..hedo still sucks.... his season averages are the same as when he was a raptor.. he just cashed in & checked out..

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                          not really..hedo still sucks.... his season averages are the same as when he was a raptor.. he just cashed in & checked out..
                          When I mean by control, it's not like he's taking advantage of anyone and making pizza commercials. I do think as well he's a load of shit, but he has skills. He's stayed away from the public, and isn't such a problem as much as when he was here in the T.Dot.

Comment

Working...
                          X