Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Vs Ed Vs Hump

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Amir Vs Ed Vs Hump

    Who would you pick?

    Hump's contract is up. If he was still with Kim, hands down im picking Kim, i mean Hump.

  • #2
    I always liked Hump when he was with the Raps. Loved his hustle.
    The guy has a motor that DOES NOT stop. And its rare to find that in players these days.

    This is a fantastic question though tbihis. Very tough to say.
    At 26 years old, Hump is likely nearing his ceiling. Or even more likely, already has.
    Though I hate to play the 'ceiling/potential' card, I'd say I take Ed over either of them, solely based on what could be.
    Based on what IS, I take Hump 10 time out of 10. He's a guarenteed double-double, and still gives you a block a game and a high percentage from the floor.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think Hump is the epitome of an average player filling the stat sheet on a bad team. I loved his heart and hustle when on the Raptors. My biggest frustration with him was when he decided to be a shooter, which he wasn't and still isn't. He is a garbage man who gets (and should only ever attempt to get) points within 5' of the basket. Smitch would keep him on the court until the crowd's enthusism and support would inspire him to start taking Jordan-esque turnaround fadeway bricks from the foul line or elbow, then he'd enjoy riding the pine for the rest of the game. I still see him thinking he's better than he truly is, simply because he's probably the 3rd or 4th best offensive option for a pathetic NJ team (imagine how bad they'd be without Dwill... yikes!).

      I'd prefer Amir and Ed over Hump. Ed would be my first choice, because he is younger, cheaper and I still believe has a higher potential ceiling than Amir.

      Comment


      • #4
        I might lean towards Hump too (as long as his trigger finger is kept in check). At this point in his career, he's easily the most consistent of the 3 players.

        At some point, we've got to stop waiting for potential to pan out, and go with the sure thing.

        Comment


        • #5
          CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I think Hump is the epitome of an average player filling the stat sheet on a bad team. I loved his heart and hustle when on the Raptors. My biggest frustration with him was when he decided to be a shooter, which he wasn't and still isn't. He is a garbage man who gets (and should only ever attempt to get) points within 5' of the basket. Smitch would keep him on the court until the crowd's enthusism and support would inspire him to start taking Jordan-esque turnaround fadeway bricks from the foul line or elbow, then he'd enjoy riding the pine for the rest of the game. I still see him thinking he's better than he truly is, simply because he's probably the 3rd or 4th best offensive option for a pathetic NJ team (imagine how bad they'd be without Dwill... yikes!).

          I'd prefer Amir and Ed over Hump. Ed would be my first choice, because he is younger, cheaper and I still believe has a higher potential ceiling than Amir.
          If Hump is only average, but putting up good numbers because he's on a bad team, then what are Amir and Ed?! They've gotta be far below average, if we're following your logic.

          ADD: One should also keep in mind that Kris has only had 1 more year experience in the league than Amir. And he's made far more of his opportunities than Amir has.
          Don't get me wrong, I love Amir, but if he can't bring it consistently, then he's NOT a good player.
          Last edited by Joey; Wed Mar 7, 2012, 04:27 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I might lean towards Hump too (as long as his trigger finger is kept in check). At this point in his career, he's easily the most consistent of the 3 players.
            Judging by his 50% from the floor, I'd say he's figured out when to shoot and when not too.
            But yes, his consistency is what does it for me.
            Last edited by Joey; Wed Mar 7, 2012, 04:19 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              I think Hump is the epitome of an average player filling the stat sheet on a bad team. I loved his heart and hustle when on the Raptors. My biggest frustration with him was when he decided to be a shooter, which he wasn't and still isn't. He is a garbage man who gets (and should only ever attempt to get) points within 5' of the basket. Smitch would keep him on the court until the crowd's enthusism and support would inspire him to start taking Jordan-esque turnaround fadeway bricks from the foul line or elbow, then he'd enjoy riding the pine for the rest of the game. I still see him thinking he's better than he truly is, simply because he's probably the 3rd or 4th best offensive option for a pathetic NJ team (imagine how bad they'd be without Dwill... yikes!).

              I'd prefer Amir and Ed over Hump. Ed would be my first choice, because he is younger, cheaper and I still believe has a higher potential ceiling than Amir.
              You can tell he's got a motor, and a knack for the ball just from watching him play (those qualities existed in Toronto as well). I don't think his rebounding numbers are the result of playing on a bad team. It's just that he's playing under control now, and doesn't force his offense. He knows his role, which is a tough point to get across to young players who think they're superstars.

              Comment


              • #8
                Im going with Ed, coz im a sucker for the "what-ifs".

                Amir and Hump are pretty much where they should be in their careers.
                Hump is going to ask for more money, no doubt. Or less money but for a longer contract.

                If you do look at their stats per 36 mins, theyre pretty close to each other, so I'd rather have Ed, who i think still has not achieved his full potential.

                Comment


                • #9
                  tbihis wrote: View Post
                  ...so I'd rather have Ed, who i think still has not achieved his full potential.
                  So the obvious question is, what do you think Ed's potential is?
                  Kris is getting 13 pt, 10 rb with 71% FT and shooting 50% from the field. Playing 34 minutes a game.
                  Ed is getting 5.7 pt, 6.5 rb with 65% FT and shooting 49% from the field. Playing 23 minutes a game.

                  Bump Ed's minutes to Kris' and you get 9 pt, 10 rb assuming more minutes doesn't hurt his playing. How much better can he get? One point is that he is doing okay, but going against second string players.

                  Also he is listed as only 3 pounds shy of Humphries and an inch taller, but he looks a lot more frail to me. I don't know if he could take the pounding more time would put him through. His efficiency might suffer.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ed because of his youth and potential. he has the chance to be a 10 10 and 2 or 3 blocks a game player. maybe 12-15 points if he can get his shot going from 15.

                    his interior defense will separate him from both of the other players in the future. and i wouldn't pay hump 8 million.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I see a lot of talk about which guy is better and who we should keep.. I say keep them both going forward. I like Amirs heart and grit and I like Eds upside.. Ed seems to have gotten a little beefier in the last little while.. give him the off season to get even bigger and we will be good to go.. I think this team is honestly a normal season schedule, a bargs a jv a high seeded pick at pg and a wing away from being really good. Dump a few bodies like Alibi, butler, forbes, maybe bayless and magloire and we are set.. keep everyone else.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        b2kelly wrote: View Post
                        I see a lot of talk about which guy is better and who we should keep.. I say keep them both going forward. I like Amirs heart and grit and I like Eds upside.. Ed seems to have gotten a little beefier in the last little while.. give him the off season to get even bigger and we will be good to go.. I think this team is honestly a normal season schedule, a bargs a jv a high seeded pick at pg and a wing away from being really good. Dump a few bodies like Alibi, butler, forbes, maybe bayless and magloire and we are set.. keep everyone else.

                        the problem with it is there are still only 48 minutes in the game. having to split all that time between 4 men when 3 could do the job is detrimental to to the team when one can be moved to help other areas. we also have klieza and jj who can play the four depending on matchups and then gray as a back up center.

                        so next year is BigV and Bargs, with ed or amir first off the bench and either of them can check the center on defense and offensive rebounds on offense. with jj or klieza playing the 4 when they go small. i even think that tom has a statophile on klieza being more effective at the 4 then the 3.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'd pick Amir. He's more consistent, longer and knows what has to do in the team. He will never attempt something outside his role. Plus, Amir is only two years older than Ed, so age is not a factor here. Plus, Amir is way more experienced.
                          Besides, Ed is a better trade chip. We could get something better in retourn because some teams could buy his potential.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'd pick Amir. He's more consistent,
                            Consistency is not a word I'm prepared to use when describing Amir Johnsons game. Lol

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              Consistency is not a word I'm prepared to use when describing Amir Johnsons game. Lol
                              He is more "consistent" than Ed though

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X