Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bargnani coming back, good or bad for draft position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Substitue 5 for 8 and trade piece with "not the best we could have done in the draft".

Explanation: If you ask me, the only game changer in the draft is Anthony Davis, then Barnes and Drummond are the next closest players to game changer, yet they're not quite there, but are noticeable better than the others who come after them.

Then you have, in no particular order, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Jeremy Lamb, Bradley Beal, Jared Sullinger and Thomas Robinson who are not as good as the top three, but I would still consider them to be a win for the Raptors in the draft, just not as big of a win as Davis, Drummond or Barnes would be, as I think those three have the potential to be the star of our team, whereas MKG, Lamb, Beal, Sullinger and Robinson would all be decent second or third options, which is nothing to scoff at.

So basically what I'm saying is you can write the draft off after the 8th pick, which is when you see a noticeable drop in talent, but even after that I wouldn't say trade the pick unless you get an established player who would come in and start for our team (ideally at SF or PG.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
      I think we will win 10 or 11 more games. There are 11 games left with teams that are below our record or around our record. I think if we count on winning all those games, which we won't, it should make up for the team that we upset. I think the Raptors end up 23-43 we will be drafting from 5-7.

Games left:

at Detriot ... Loss
      Bucks.... Loss
      at Cleveland... Won
      at Nets ... Loss
      at Memphis...Won
      at Bobcats ....Loss
      at NY...Lose
      Chicago...Lose
      NY...Lose
      at Bulls...Lose
      Orlando...Lose
      Denver....Lose
      Heat...Lose
      Wizards...Win
      Bobcats...Win
      atPhilly... Lose
      Cavs...Win
      at Thunder...lose
      at Indy...lose
      Philly...lose
      Boston...lose
      at Hawks...lose
      Hawks...lose
      at Heat...lose
      at Detroit...win
      at Bucks...win
      Nets...win
      Well I guess we lost two winnable games! I still think we end up with 11 more wins.
      Last edited by saints91; Sat Mar 17, 2012, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X