Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you realistically see as the Point Guard of the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez
    replied
    Holliday by a mile. He's everything I look for in a PG.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    If you had the choice between Jennings and Holiday, who would you choose?

The sexy pick is Jennings, but I might actually lean towards Holiday.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Agreed.

Also, I'm surprised Collins has had the team as long as he has.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    It is probably unrealistic (and thus not really in keeping with the title of the thread), but IF Jrue Holiday was available, I'd be all over him.

It seems to me that Doug Collins has lost the 76ers. Give Holiday the rock in the same manner a traditional PG would have it (i.e. not equally sharing with Evan Turner and AI) and give him a little more structure and team play and he is back on the trajectory people had for his career last season.

Leave a comment:

• Papa Burgundy
    replied
    Yeh ... Kendall Marshall is a bomb distributor ... in terms of balance, he would need more outside shooting from the SG and SF than DD and JJ ... But i'm sure that can be arranged ... cough cough ... Brad Beal ... cough cough ...

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    i think more than anything they should be able to defend but im not running the team so...
    ... So we trade for Avery Bradley... And who quarterbacks the offense then?... DeRozan?

Leave a comment:

• Hello
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i think captain america would be the best ball player and floor general to run the point
    Ironman would be a great SG too!
    He has a lot of wepons in his arsenal

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    I'd be up for bringing in Hawkeye Thor and Hulk seem more like Power Forwards to me
    i think captain america would be the best ball player and floor general to run the point

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    This team as currently constructed is closer to a 500 team then this season would show.
    Coulda, woulda, shoulda..... bah. Every team has endured the same circumstances and schedule. Every team endures injuries (except maybe Phoenix). The Raptors are what they are right now.

Key words were "right now". I am very optimistic about next year assuming this off season BC takes advantage of the flexibility he has to upgrade the roster via draft, trade, and free agency.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Well thats going to be hard unless we get another pick to grab Marshall.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    A harsh reality.... but true nonetheless. This is a .340 winning team and only won 22 games last year. Jack has said numerous times on broadcasts there will be signiificant changes next year. Not saying he is god-like in his knowledge but surely he hears more on the inside than any of us would.

A points to add:

JV is good in the pick and roll, as is Amir. Anyone working to JV's strengths should be able to do the same for Amir. The odd man out is Davis in my opinion.
    This team as currently constructed is closer to a 500 team then this season would show.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    Maybe one of the Avengers.
    I'd be up for bringing in Hawkeye Thor and Hulk seem more like Power Forwards to me

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    I'd love to see the Raptors flip Amir or Davis, along with both 2nd round picks, for a late lottery pick to grab Marshall as the PG-of-the-future. He certainly fits the preferred floor general, pass first description we seem to want in our PG-otf. He would have a year (at least) to learn the role while backing up Calderon (or a slightly older, better, Canadian version of our man Caldy).

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    The pg of the future must be awesome
    Maybe one of the Avengers.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    The pg of the future must be awesome

Leave a comment:

Working...