Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you realistically see as the Point Guard of the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jojokabo wrote: View Post
    I joined this forum last night to lobby for Kendall Marshall, and wow i've found the place to do it. I know there are questions about his foot speed and shooting but you just don't get floor generals like him everyday. The man gets the ball in the perfect spot for his shooters everytime and has a sky high B-Ball IQ. I don't know but when I watch him play I just feel his game, and you can't argue his Tar-Heel pedigree. He is projected mid first round i believe..get utah on da phone lol!! My dream would be JV,Barnes and Kendall for the next 15 years. people are sleeping on this guy!

any thoughts on Kendall? On another note after reading Raptors Rebublic everyday I'm so happy I manned up and joined this awesome community. from Newfoundland..GO RAPS!!!
    Welcome Jojo!

Well as I posted earlier, I'm very high on Kendall, and after watching him set the record for assists in the ACC, I'm convinced this guy has ELITE level court vision. Very few players have the ability to see 4 different plays at the same time and pick the right one.
    And he always picks the right one.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Welcome Jojo!

Well as I posted earlier, I'm very high on Kendall, and after watching him set the record for assists in the ACC, I'm convinced this guy has ELITE level court vision. Very few players have the ability to see 4 different plays at the same time and pick the right one.
      And he always picks the right one.
      I'm starting to come around on Marshall big time.. I'd be very happy if we picked him up. You don't need to be athletic to be a good point guard in the NBA.. look at guys like Lin or Jose or even Kidd in the latter part of his career. There are better picks in the top 5.. but if we fall out of the top 5, I'd take a crack.

My board is looking like this:

Davis
      MKG
      Beal
      Robinson
      Barnes
      Drummond
      Marshall
      Lamb

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Are you in Europe?

If not, where do you watch the games?
        Question was not for me, but..

If you want to see previous Euroleague games, you can find bunch in Youtube. Link for Panathinaikos.

For live games you can always go to
        http://www.lshunter.tv/basketball-li...ing-video.html. It still works and covers most of the basketball games around the world (Euroleague, Eurocup, VTB, NBA, etc..). Most links appear just before the game starts. Language is not English mostly and quality is not good. I'd consider it as the last chance option, if i really wanna watch game live and have no other options.

And there is always an option to subscribe for euroleague.tv

Comment

Whenever we talk about acquiring our future starting PG within the draft, the assumption is that that player must be picked in the first round. Is it possible that our second round pick this year might be how we get our PG? Last year the Raptors were attempting to acquire a second round pick in order to get Cory Joseph.

Our second rounder should be very high based on the standings, which would put us in a good position to potentially get someone who slides or to take a flyer out on someone. We are currently seeing someone like Isaiah Thomas who is contributing in Sacramento and was recently a Co-Rookie of the Month with Kyrie.

After looking at potential names one that has stood out to me is Scott Machado from Iona. He is currently leading the NCAA in APG (just above Kendall Marshall), and has a very impressive 3.08 AST/TO ration.

Chad Ford writes the following:

Positives
          • Quick, athletic point guard
          • Racking up assists as a senior
          • Excellent speed in the open court
          • Excels at the drive and pass
          Negatives
          • Undersized
          • Has had conditioning issues in the past
          • Late bloomer

His shooting percentages have also increased every year across the board. He has a .490 FG%, .808FT%, and a .411 3P%.

I have not seen him play at all, but to read that he thrives within a drive and dish offense, it sounds like he could work well in the Pic N' Roll with Valanciunas.
          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
            Whenever we talk about acquiring our future starting PG within the draft, the assumption is that that player must be picked in the first round. Is it possible that our second round pick this year might be how we get our PG? Last year the Raptors were attempting to acquire a second round pick in order to get Cory Joseph.

Our second rounder should be very high based on the standings, which would put us in a good position to potentially get someone who slides or to take a flyer out on someone. We are currently seeing someone like Isaiah Thomas who is contributing in Sacramento and was recently a Co-Rookie of the Month with Kyrie.

After looking at potential names one that has stood out to me is Scott Machado from Iona. He is currently leading the NCAA in APG (just above Kendall Marshall), and has a very impressive 3.08 AST/TO ration.

Chad Ford writes the following:

Positives
            • Quick, athletic point guard
            • Racking up assists as a senior
            • Excellent speed in the open court
            • Excels at the drive and pass
            Negatives
            • Undersized
            • Has had conditioning issues in the past
            • Late bloomer

His shooting percentages have also increased every year across the board. He has a .490 FG%, .808FT%, and a .411 3P%.

I have not seen him play at all, but to read that he thrives within a drive and dish offense, it sounds like he could work well in the Pic N' Roll with Valanciunas.

i love the players that stay until their senior year. i don't know this kid particularly but i will check him out now. the idea of a our second rounder which should be between 33-37 should get a decent player.

Comment

Lillard then Marshall. Ok with a flyer on Augustin.

Didn't want to add negatives on this but after watching Jennings live this week on my travels I am a definite no there (after being gung-Ho) for him previously)

Comment

Damien Lillard

Maleko wrote: View Post
                Lillard then Marshall. Ok with a flyer on Augustin.

Didn't want to add negatives on this but after watching Jennings live this week on my travels I am a definite no there (after being gung-Ho) for him previously)
                I regularly check the Hoop Doctor's 2012 NBA Mock Draft Database, and recently came across this interesting mock draft: http://thehoopstuff.com/hoopstuffs-2012-nba-mock-draft/ .

Note that the author has the Raptors picking 10th based on where he thinks the team will be at the end of the season. His pick for the Raptors:

"10. Toronto Raptors: Damian Lillard-PG- Weber State

- Lillard has burst onto the scene as the top point guard in the country. He is the top scorer in the nation and has very good point guard skills. The Raptors have been looking for a young point guard for years and he could start right away, or play the sixth man role until ready. Suddenly the Lillard, Derozan, Bargnani, Valanciunas, Davis, Johnson core is one of the strongest young cores in the league."

He almost sounds like a Raptors fan

Comment

wrooster wrote: View Post
                  I regularly check the Hoop Doctor's 2012 NBA Mock Draft Database, and recently came across this interesting mock draft: http://thehoopstuff.com/hoopstuffs-2012-nba-mock-draft/ .

Note that the author has the Raptors picking 10th based on where he thinks the team will be at the end of the season. His pick for the Raptors:

"10. Toronto Raptors: Damian Lillard-PG- Weber State

- Lillard has burst onto the scene as the top point guard in the country. He is the top scorer in the nation and has very good point guard skills. The Raptors have been looking for a young point guard for years and he could start right away, or play the sixth man role until ready. Suddenly the Lillard, Derozan, Bargnani, Valanciunas, Davis, Johnson core is one of the strongest young cores in the league."

He almost sounds like a Raptors fan
                  Lillard is the reason I don't mind the raptors dropping in the draft.

Comment

Goran Dragic 23 PT 8-14 FG 3-3 FT 4-7 3P 5/0 RB 8 AS 0 BL 1 ST 2 TO 0 PF 37 MN (Final, Nets)

Another amazing start for Dragic, that's 3/3 (vs Thunder, @Thunder and @Nets) so far this season. He's averaging like 20/8 in games he started.

Comment

How about Avery Bradley?

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradech..._trade/6062520

Boston just lost Chris Wilcox and JO is already hurt. They need a backup big man.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                        How about Avery Bradley?

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradech..._trade/6062520

Boston just lost Chris Wilcox and JO is already hurt. They need a backup big man.
                        all over him but not starter material. great player. every celtics game they say he is the best on the ball defender at his position in the league. great bench pg.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          all over him but not starter material. great player. every celtics game they say he is the best on the ball defender at his position in the league. great bench pg.
                          He could be one of the best backup point guards in the league if he played more, and can be a solid starter. And his defense is very VERY good, I love watching him defend other point guards, he just can't get shaken off.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

with lin going off in NY I would make a trade for iman shumpert 6'6 long arms and can play D thats all u need, jordan use to bring up the ball mark jackson dominated for years.

Comment

If we do draft Beal, Bradley makes a lot of sense, even as a starter.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I never thought that Jerryd Bayless would be good enough to become a starting PG either. I think if you give Avery more minutes and opportunity, he could shine or he might not, but at least you gave it a shot and got rid of Amir's untradeable contract. Plus you get a couple of expirings in the deal.
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X