Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forgive me but trading Jose just became a bigger concern (Ricky Rubio ACL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i am not for trading to trade. i want to get younger or cheaper, i want that 10 million off the books by the summer this year before it blocks our ability to add players and is just used to extend our own players.

Exactly.

Injuries is a big part of the situation but hardly the only factor.

In terms of this season, sometimes you need to take a step back to be able to move forward.

If Jose's contract expires as a Raptor, the cap space created will be used mostly to retain the talent already under contract next summer - hardly moving forward unless JJ or DD take a gigantic step forward. Basically the Raptors would be putting all their eggs in the basket of current players developing - in my opinion that is a big risk considering neither is showing signs of greatness (solidness, but not greatness).

Comment

As I said earlier, I wouldn't be against creating capspace if we'd do something significant with it, like signing Batum, but we'd need at least a Sessions as well. I hate watching teams without (at least average) balldistributers.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
        As I said earlier, I wouldn't be against creating capspace if we'd do something significant with it, like signing Batum, but we'd need at least a Sessions as well. I hate watching teams without (at least average) balldistributers.
        in my highest hopes this summer we come away with nash for 2 or 3 years and chandler/batum for the long hual. and a high hope that bc gets a good young pg to learn from nash for those 2 years before sending him to the glue farm.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
          You said AND and not AND/OR so im guessing if one is still on the roster then your'e ok with it?
          Coz that just might be the case.
          Ideally, I want them both gone, but I could live with Barbosa sticking around. But the disappointment comes from the fact that he's not traded in the next 3 days for assets.

Comment

Working...
          X