Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forgive me but trading Jose just became a bigger concern (Ricky Rubio ACL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    irgigi wrote: View Post
    Even if Jose will play 40 minutes in every game in Olympics, i don't see why can't he come back healthy and play 2 more seasons as a starter. and 4 more seasons as a back up after that. All you need to do is to draft Marshall. In that case Jose might turn to back up next season even. If we get Kabongo, it will work perfect by Jose going to bench in 2-3 years.
    I don't believe Jose will be be injured in these Olympics.
    Sure we can trade Jose, just make sure you don't receive a bust for it... or hedo. and no less than top 20 pick and a back up PG (or SG)

He didn't come back healthy in 2008, 2009, and 2010. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

The only way I'd trade Jose is if it creates any combination of cap space, a player who would be considered as part of the core moving forward, and/or a draft pick.

If the Raptors have to take a bad or mediocre contract to get it done - no thank you.

Leave a comment:

• irgigi
    replied
    Even if Jose will play 40 minutes in every game in Olympics, i don't see why can't he come back healthy and play 2 more seasons as a starter. and 4 more seasons as a back up after that. All you need to do is to draft Marshall. In that case Jose might turn to back up next season even. If we get Kabongo, it will work perfect by Jose going to bench in 2-3 years.
    I don't believe Jose will be be injured in these Olympics.
    Sure we can trade Jose, just make sure you don't receive a bust for it... or hedo. and no less than top 20 pick and a back up PG (or SG)

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    IF Rubio is indeed done for the season (or a long period of time) I could see Calderon being on their radar since Khan wants playoffs.
    They don't really have anything to give us. An expiring contract with no 2012 pick to go with it. The only 1st rounder they have is if Utah's if the finish 15th or higher (Utah is presently 13th last). They have tons of PF's but we are solid at that position. Unless there is a third team in the trade I don't see much available except a 2013 draft pick from them.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    stretch wrote: View Post
    Even with a possible season ending injury to Rubio, the Twolves have good depth at the point right now with Ridenour and Barea who is due back soon froom an ankle injury.
    Spanish Olympic team does not have Ridnour or Barea though.

The post is not about the TimberWolves. It is about Jose and his increased role on the Spanish national team.

Leave a comment:

• Hello
    replied
    NBA.com is reporting he is out for the season.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...ne-for-season/

Leave a comment:

• pesterm1
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    IF Rubio is indeed done for the season (or a long period of time) I could see Calderon being on their radar since Khan wants playoffs.
    It has just been confirmed moments ago by ESPN. Ricky Rubio did inf\ct suffer a torn ACL lastnight against the lakers .

Get well Ricky.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/76...cl-report-says

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shantz
    replied
    If Rubio does end up being injured for an extended time I think it could have an impact on Calderon in terms of the trade market. With Barea returning from injury soon the Wolves were shopping Ridnour to clubs in need of a PG upgrade (Blazers, Lakers, etc.).

If Rubio is going to miss extended time, that would in all likelihood remove Ridnour from those discussions. One less available PG on the market could increase Calderon's trade value slightly as teams might get desperate.

Currently it's looking like the available PG upgrades for teams (assuming Ridnour no longer available) are: Sessions, Mo Williams (although Clippers would expect a top-tier SG in return) and Calderon.

Leave a comment:

• stretch
    replied
    Even with a possible season ending injury to Rubio, the Twolves have good depth at the point right now with Ridenour and Barea who is due back soon froom an ankle injury.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    I feel bad for Rubio if that turns out to be true. But I agree with Matt....Jose will be the man on the Olympic team and he'll be playing even harder apart from it being probably his last Olympics. Minny as well maybe quite interested in Jose now. Time to squeeze them. I am not entirely familiar with their roster or picks situation but Ridnour is probably not available.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    You talking to me?

Tim Chisholm ‏ @timpchisholm
    Does anyone want to wait for the results of Rubio's MRI before going nuts? No? Okay, carry on with your business then.
    Good point. The above tweet came out after I posted this thread.

lol - jk

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    only way id trade Jose would be one of these deals

Felton(expiring contract) + 1st round pick
    or
    Hinrich(expiring contract) + 1st round pick

otherwise id just hold on to him... he'll be an expiring deal at the end of next season anyway

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    *sigh* A fantasy team hangs in the balance.

Rubio knocked knees. There was no twisting. I'm hoping it's just a bad bruise.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Priority or concern? To me, it's not. I'm not gonna give Jose away at this point. He's a valuable trading piece. Even next year he could prove to be a valuable trading piece because he'll be an expiring. However, drafting a PG or someone with good ball distribution skills might be a priority as insurance (IE - Marshall or Beal).

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post
    I don't think he is suggesting a trade with Minny. He is just stating with Rubio going down, Calderon's role on the Spanish team just became a lot bigger. He'll be playing major minutes in the Olympics, more chance of injuries from muscle fatigue.

His thoughts are cash in while he is healthy and playing well. I do agree that there is a good chance that Calderon will get injured next season. As we have discussed in other threads, the history is there. It's not guaranteed but the chances are elevated.
    Agreed. I really want Jose to take it easy :P

If we are going to trade Jose, it has to be a player, because Jose is too important of a role on our team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X