Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we take another look at Pietrus in the off season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Euro
    replied
    Let's ceez this thread:

no

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    no, kleiza can play the 3 and 4. i don't know if pietrus can play multiple positions. i also agree with apollo we should eb looking for tier 1 guys this off season. we have bench and role players galore on this team. we need some talent.
    Agreed. You guys both have it nailed: we need talent. Our role players are adequate at worst. JJ is turning into a great defender. If he irons out some of the careless fouls and the turnovers he's a really solid piece. I don't even mind some of the fouls as it means he's being aggressive and that's his role, just unfortunate for the team sometimes. Kleiza is a pretty good offensive weapon off the bench, rebounds well, can play a team game and has pretty good swagger. In my mind those are 2 pretty good role players. I'd take either over the apparently high-maintenance (according to old coaches) Pietrus, and many other role players. We need a real step up at the perimeter. The very worst we could get to improve would be a guy like Batum, or hope one of the picks Barnes/MKG turns into a real pro pretty fast. I'm not a huge fan of getting an old vet though, even if some may be available or intriguing (S-Jax, G Wallace, etc..), mostly due to long-term plan implications.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Draft wrote: View Post
    Do you think it would be a good Idea to trade Kleiza if we can sign Pietrus cheap?
    no, kleiza can play the 3 and 4. i don't know if pietrus can play multiple positions. i also agree with apollo we should eb looking for tier 1 guys this off season. we have bench and role players galore on this team. we need some talent.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I think we need to set the bar higher than this guy.

Leave a comment:

• Draft
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    all depends on the draft i think. we are all hoping for barnes or even better in my opinion mkg. ive watched a bunch of celtics games this year and it really seems pietrus hits his first 3 of almost every game. he can shoot like crazy but if we draft a 3 no way we need him as third string depth there behind pick/jj/kleiza
    Do you think it would be a good Idea to trade Kleiza if we can sign Pietrus cheap?

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Even if we don't draft a SF, what does Pietrus bring us that isn't already provided by the combination of JJ and Kleiza?

I think the only reason Colangelo had any interest in Pietrus this season was because Kleiza was injured.
    + 1. I believe, the pressing need is to sign Nico Batum and draft a PG like Lillard (if we're 9th or lower).

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    I don't see why we need him, especially if we draft a wing. He's more valuable to a contender.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Even if we don't draft a SF, what does Pietrus bring us that isn't already provided by the combination of JJ and Kleiza?

I think the only reason Colangelo had any interest in Pietrus this season was because Kleiza was injured.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    I have to agree, if we do draft a SF, I think we have enough depth. If he has the ability to play SG, which I don't think is his strength, then we could look at him to back up DeMar. Not my preference though. Pietrus is an awesome player though, I wish the Raptors didn't veto the trade. On the bright side J.J. has really proved himself this season.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    all depends on the draft i think. we are all hoping for barnes or even better in my opinion mkg. ive watched a bunch of celtics games this year and it really seems pietrus hits his first 3 of almost every game. he can shoot like crazy but if we draft a 3 no way we need him as third string depth there behind pick/jj/kleiza

Leave a comment:

• thead
    started a topic Do we take another look at Pietrus in the off season?

Do we take another look at Pietrus in the off season?

His health has been fine. He is a gritty defender and he would do a fantastic job in the 3rd/4th swing. Boston basically rented him on a one year min.... we could probably snag him for 3 - 5 million
Working...
X