No announcement yet.

March 13 - Cleveland Cavaliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll give Bayless credit: he didn't suck tonight. See Joey, I can be objective

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Horrible call against Bayless.

I'm not going to lie though, I love when he plays like this.
      When those competitive fires start brewing, JB usually steps up to the plate.
      I thought so at first but he replay showed it was a foul.

He did play well tonight.

He had decent stats versus Milwaukee but anyone who watched the game should have been able to see he did very poor for a PG. Tonight versus the Cavs, he had good stats and he passed the eye test as well.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        ANyone have an opinion about Irving? He is not bad but nothing to ooh about dont you think? #1 overall talent? I know it's his first year but there isnt the wow factor for me.
        He might not have the wow factor but he certainly has the solid factor. Give me substance over style. He gets it done. If you haven't seen him play versus anyone besides Toronto, he certainly is not impressive.

Ryan Wolstat ‏ @WolstatSun
        Kyrie Irving vs. Raptors this year: 10-for-40 (25%). Vs. rest of league: 235-for-480 (49%)

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I'll give Bayless credit: he didn't suck tonight. See Joey, I can be objective
          Someone pinch me
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            He might not have the wow factor but he certainly has the solid factor. Give me substance over style. He gets it done. If you haven't seen him play versus anyone besides Toronto, he certainly is not impressive.
            If you want a proponent of substance over style I am the guy!. It's just that when I see him ( and I admit it hasnt been games other than the Raps) there seems to be something "lacking". All I can come up with is that he doesnt hog the ball. All the other elements he seems to be kinda no big deal (I dont want to say average). If you put a rookie pg of another team way lower in the draft (Thomas of SAC) Thomas is better value. I suppose time will tell...its still early.
            Are the Raptors spooking him?

Comment

I'm happy for Bayless because I picked him up for my Fantasy Pool when I lost Rubio to an ACL injury.
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

After a game like this whether it's tomorrow or next year, I'm going to miss barbosa. He dove on that ball like it was a live grenade.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  After a game like this whether it's tomorrow or next year, I'm going to miss barbosa. He dove on that ball like it was a live grenade.
                  Same here. He is/was a warrior. And that was a great display of "how to play hard". He didnt have to do it in his position but...
                  He is exactly the type of player a playoff team should want for the run. Is just bad timing for the Raps.

Comment

I can't believe Cleveland thought they could take it easy against us. Wankers.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                      I can't believe Cleveland thought they could take it easy against us. Wankers.
                      I am not sure they "took it easy" on us. They started off good but Casey got the Raps to adjust (start slapping them around on defense). And they had no answer for Bargs. Before I get too carried away I occasionally forget I still want the 4-5th spot in the draft!!

Comment

Game Highlights

Comment

ANyone have an opinion about Irving? He is not bad but nothing to ooh about dont you think? #1 overall talent? I know it's his first year but there isnt the wow factor for me.
                          I've watched the majority of Cleveland's games this season.

Kyrie Irving is an excellent jump shooter and he is very shifty when driving. By that, I mean he's not super-quick nor strong, just that he changes speed and makes lateral adjustments on the drive which allows him to get his shot off without being blocked. Very good body control in traffic.

He struggled early as a passer but has come along fine; I suspect he will average 7.0 -7.5 assists per game next season.

He's very composed under pressure and he wants the ball in his hands when the game is on the line.

His defense is best qualified as bad. He can't keep quick point guards in front of him at all and has trouble contesting shots. I am not sure but he seems to have short arms (it's noticeable when he's standing next to Boobie).

I think he will be a star player and I can see him developing into a 22-8 PG. He may average more points than that next year if Jamison leaves and the Cavs do not add another scorer.

Comment

Well, he's hands down the best rookie in his class. No one else was even close except for maybe Rubio who was a distant second. At 19 years old he's averaging 18 and 5 on an absolutely awful team, shooting 46% and 40% from 3PT. His TS% is 56%. He might single-handedly get the Cavs into the playoffs. His PER is 21+. They've already won 16 games when they won 19 all of last year with basically the same team. And again, he's 19 years old. You could probably make a solid argument he's already a top ten PG in the NBA.

Not sure what more you want.

Comment

Working...
                            X