Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dominant scorer and superstar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Just for the sake of discussion, look at the Bucks now... with Ellis, who is a player of the week and Udoh, who is a nice prospect with high ceiling and minus the bad rep/contract of Jackson. I'd argue that one of our rivals in the East got stronger. Playing with Jennings in the back court is at the least intriguing...

    Comment


    • #17
      Checkines wrote: View Post
      The Raptors won't draft someone in the front court, and likely won't be at the spot where pg makes sense. I really would like them to get Harrison Barnes. I know MKG brings tenacity and better defence, but we don't have a guy who I'd give the ball at the end of the game. Barnes I feel could make those big shots. Andrea deserves the ball at the end of a game, but will have the problem Bosh did, with the double teams
      Andria is too inconsistent and shoots the ball like it's the first quarter, so he is not the guy right now: Bosh was an excellent player but not the guy: Ellis is the guy - he has the killer instinct even with 5 guys on him. They say Barnes doesn't have the killer instinct but might develop it. As long as he can shoot well, I'm good for now!

      Comment


      • #18
        Checkines wrote: View Post
        The Raptors won't draft someone in the front court, and likely won't be at the spot where pg makes sense. I really would like them to get Harrison Barnes. I know MKG brings tenacity and better defence, but we don't have a guy who I'd give the ball at the end of the game. Barnes I feel could make those big shots. Andrea deserves the ball at the end of a game, but will have the problem Bosh did, with the double teams
        I believe Bosh did display the characteristics of someone with the killer instinct but was overwhelmed by all the defensive attention - it's not like it's a secret who will take the shot! Will have to agree that he could have been the guy when left open!

        Comment


        • #19
          Draft wrote: View Post
          Andria is too inconsistent and shoots the ball like it's the first quarter, so he is not the guy right now: Bosh was an excellent player but not the guy: Ellis is the guy - he has the killer instinct even with 5 guys on him. They say Barnes doesn't have the killer instinct but might develop it. As long as he can shoot well, I'm good for now!
          Andrea is too inconsistent? He's our best player.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

          Comment


          • #20
            Draft wrote: View Post
            I believe Bosh did display the characteristics of someone with the killer instinct but was overwhelmed by all the defensive attention - it's not like it's a secret who will take the shot! Will have to agree that he could have been the guy when left open!
            remember the killer instinct bosh showed when he missed a wide open lay up to put us into the playoffs. bosh was and is an emotional player but not a killer. john wayne gacey never cried when killing.

            Comment


            • #21
              Draft wrote: View Post
              Andria is too inconsistent and shoots the ball like it's the first quarter, so he is not the guy right now: Bosh was an excellent player but not the guy: Ellis is the guy - he has the killer instinct even with 5 guys on him. They say Barnes doesn't have the killer instinct but might develop it. As long as he can shoot well, I'm good for now!
              Ellis is basically jerryd bayless. Andrea is on another level im sorry to break it to you. Andrea is virtually UN-guardable on offense.

              Comment


              • #22
                If this was last year, I would say there isn't much difference between Bargnani and Ellis. Both are high volume shooters, who shoot low percentages, don't play defense, and generally don't contribute in any way if their shots aren't falling.

                But this year, Ellis is averaging a career high in assists, and Bargnani is actually playing defense. I think they've both stepped up their games this year, albeit in different ways.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Bargnani has more of an impact. Ellis isn't the best defender and takes way too many shots, plus he's tiny

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I don't get this obsession with a SF. The way I see it, that pick should be used on the BEST PLAYER available. Last time I checked, our roster is in desperate need of talent on ALL positions. So what if we get another PF, we can just trade our "lesser talented" ones. And yes that means Bargnani too if we manage to snag someone better.

                    As for a dominant scorer, we need an all-star that can play on BOTH ends of the floor. Forget elite scorers, forget elite defenders. If they can only play one way they are not going to take us very far. Until we get a legit star who can affect the game both ways, nothing will change. We will keep having to plug holes while creating new ones.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      jlongs wrote: View Post
                      I don't get this obsession with a SF. The way I see it, that pick should be used on the BEST PLAYER available. Last time I checked, our roster is in desperate need of talent on ALL positions. So what if we get another PF, we can just trade our "lesser talented" ones. And yes that means Bargnani too if we manage to snag someone better.

                      As for a dominant scorer, we need an all-star that can play on BOTH ends of the floor. Forget elite scorers, forget elite defenders. If they can only play one way they are not going to take us very far. Until we get a legit star who can affect the game both ways, nothing will change. We will keep having to plug holes while creating new ones.
                      That means yo u have two potential superstars at the power forward spot, with Ed Davis and his untapped potential. Demar Derozan is BC's future shooting guard. The point guard answer is still in discussion, and we have Valanciunas coming in at center with a very good back-up in Aaron Gray.

                      James Johnson is an up-coming player, and Kleiza is a big time contributor. BUT, compare the two talents to each of the other positions. Not as high.

                      IMO, and IMO realistically, we need to draft either a point guard or a wing player. Demar Derozan has been inconsistent this year to show he can be a big time shooting guard, James Johnson and Kleiza seem good, but not at the talent level of the top teams with their top small forwards. I.E Miami, Oklahoma City, Chicago etc. And we have no clue who is the future point guard whether it's Jose, Jerryd Bayless, or Steve Nash? ;P

                      If we were going for best player available, we also need it that it addresses our needs. Which IMO is the point guard and wing. 6 guys that come as best player available combined with needs are Damian Lillard/Kendall Marshall, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist/Harrison Barnes, and Bradley Beal/Jeremy Lamb.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                        That means you have two potential superstars at the power forward spot, with Ed Davis and his untapped potential...
                        Seriously? Ed Davis as a potential superstar? I would be happy to see Ed Davis as a dependable big to come off the bench with full effort every night. I don't get the "Ed Davis" love. Nice player, yes. Likely to improve, I hope so or get rid of him. "Potential Superstar", where's that coming from?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Seriously? Ed Davis as a potential superstar? I would be happy to see Ed Davis as a dependable big to come off the bench with full effort every night. I don't get the "Ed Davis" love. Nice player, yes. Likely to improve, I hope so or get rid of him. "Potential Superstar", where's that coming from?
                          I've been asking myself the same question all season. What exactly has Davis shown for us to have such high hopes for him?

                          Is it his footwork?
                          No.
                          Is it post-up game?
                          No.
                          Is it his mid-range game?
                          No.
                          Is it his finishing ability?
                          No.
                          Is it his strength?
                          No.
                          Is it his defence/rebounding/shot blocking?
                          Perhaps, but it's not exactly off the charts.

                          I'd be impressed if he even reaches Amir's mediocre level of production.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X