Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lin to the Raptors a good idea? Lin Raptors Plan B? (168)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Lin would provide more value to this team than simply jersey sales. I mean, if it were that easy to be a "pseudo" star player, on one of basketball's biggest stages, for a stretch of 3 weeks, I'm sure we'd see more Lin-like stories from year to year. But when was the last time we saw any unknown young player take over a team...and more importantly...lead his team to victory the way Lin did? You can't fake that kind of performance. Lin's got game. And with time, I'm sure he'd become a better decision-maker and cut down those turnovers.

Do I want the Raptors to take that chance? I'm not so sure. But I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if it happened.
    Well I as stated already, in my opinion, Bayless has shown just as much as Lin has to deserve any sort of REAL contract.

But no, I don't want a guy whos going to turn it over 10 times a game to be on my team.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Great point Bendit. This has obviously been over looked.

Any team that forks over $10M a year for Lin, will likely make that back 5x in Jersey sales alone.

But is it worth the hit to the cap (and ultimately the team) to make those Jersey sales.
    Lin would provide more value to this team than simply jersey sales. I mean, if it were that easy to be a "pseudo" star player, on one of basketball's biggest stages, for a stretch of 3 weeks, I'm sure we'd see more Lin-like stories from year to year. But when was the last time we saw any unknown young player take over a team...and more importantly...lead his team to victory the way Lin did? You can't fake that kind of performance. Lin's got game. And with time, I'm sure he'd become a better decision-maker and cut down those turnovers.

Do I want the Raptors to take that chance? I'm not so sure. But I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if it happened.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    So you're saying the Raptors will make $50M/yr on Lin jersey sales. Do we know how the league shares jersey sale revenues? That would be the first step to making such a statement. And sorry if this is a case of it being well known and me just being ignorant to it but I have no clue how the league allocates jersey revenues. Someone please explain.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    Am afraid that Lin's real value right now lies more in his international marketing possibilities.
    Great point Bendit. This has obviously been over looked.

Any team that forks over $10M a year for Lin, will likely make that back 5x in Jersey sales alone.

But is it worth the hit to the cap (and ultimately the team) to make those Jersey sales.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Am afraid that Lin's real value right now lies more in his international marketing possibilities.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    $6-7 million for a backup doesn't make much sense.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Lin as the backup PG would be fine with me

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    haha in other words he came:

Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Fri May 11, 2012, 12:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    thanks and i agree on the Bayless comment. Man i wish he didn't get injured, its going to be tough for BC to decide whether to keep him or not. The best scenario would be signing nash, trading or amnestying jose(i love him but its for the good of the team) and resigning Jay Bay and let him learn from one of the greatest passers of all time.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    I'd say Bayless has shown at least as much as Lin has, in terms of potential.
    Give Bayless 10 Turnovers a game, and he'll put up RIDICULOUS assist numbers. Book it.

ADD Actually, did the math becauuse I was curious; and turns out, with Lins' Ass/TO ratio, Bayless would average MORE than Lins 6.2APG.
    (MATH: Lins APG - 6.2 / Lins TO - 3.6 = 1.722 AST/TO
    Multiply by Bayless' APG - 3.8 = 6.5 APG)

For the record, this also shows that Bayless AST/TO ratio (2.2) was better than Lins (1.7).
    Big plus for a PG in my books.

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Lin is average at best. He had a hot streak coming out of nowhere guns blazing. like when i play Multiplayer on a game like COD or Uncharted 3, i go like 5 games absolutely gunning down everything i see. After a while i cool down and come back down to earth, same exact thing with Lin.
    Fantastic analogy Props. hahah
    Last edited by Joey; Thu May 10, 2012, 07:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Lin is average at best. He had a hot streak coming out of nowhere guns blazing. like when i play Multiplayer on a game like COD or Uncharted 3, i go like 5 games absolutely gunning down everything i see. After a while i cool down and come back down to earth, same exact thing with Lin.

Leave a comment:

• e2thed
    replied
    Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    You guys are all haters, Jeremy Lin is the best point-guard in the NBA. 36 million for 4 years, worth every penny
    yup, glass pipe

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsss
    replied
    You guys are all haters, Jeremy Lin is the best point-guard in the NBA. 36 million for 4 years, worth every penny

Leave a comment:

• torch19
    replied
    If MLSE's goal is to sell tickets and give the Raps some good publicity, yes.

If MLSE's goal is to move forward and build a contender (if they're serious about it), hell NO!

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    As for Toronto, I hope not.
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I don't think Lin is even worth the MLE.
    Let me rubber-stamp this, one sec...

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    As for the Knicks - LOL - 8 years of tanking/rebuilding only to be blown in 6 months following Donnie Walsh's departure.... LOL.
    Should I feel guilty that reading this makes me feel warm inside?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X