Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Euro
    replied
    If I'm remembering it correctly, even drafting Wade at 5 was considered reaching because Miami should have drafted someone else; can't remember, probably a talk dude. So I doubt Wade was on the radar for a higher pick.

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    With Carter firmly entrenched at SG, I wonder if Wade was even on Grunwald's radar.
    judging by the fact he tried to trade VC twice for Nash before the LBJ/Wade/Bosh Draft he might have had wade on his draft list, we'll never know i guess, but things may have been much diff. for the Raps Had Grunwald not got fired...it was just after trying to trade VC from what ive heard..& of course we all know what happened in the Babock era LOL

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    Melo fits perfectly in New York.. after all, New York teams in all sports have always been facinated by the overpriced premadonna types..

Melo is way over hyped...

anyone with any B-Ball sense will look back at that draft & think the players who went 3,4,5 should have been Wade,Bosh,melo not melo,bosh,wade...the way it turned out i wish we drafted wade LOL but at least we wernt the pistons drafting Darko LOL
    With Carter firmly entrenched at SG, I wonder if Wade was even on Grunwald's radar.

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    Melo fits perfectly in New York.. after all, New York teams in all sports have always been facinated by the overpriced premadonna types..

Melo is way over hyped...

anyone with any B-Ball sense will look back at that draft & think the players who went 3,4,5 should have been Wade,Bosh,melo not melo,bosh,wade...the way it turned out i wish we drafted wade LOL but at least we wernt the pistons drafting Darko LOL

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Melo can kiss my A$$. He is going to regret the day he wanted to be traded to New York. Mark my words, the fans will eat him alive. Melo represents what is worse about NBA ball these days - the "me" first attitude & the need to team up with other stars syndrome. Hey at least Lebron passes, and gets others involved. Carmelo doesn't defend, selfish and doesn't care about his teammates. We know how George Karl feels, now we know how Mike D'Antoni feels.
    What i found hilarious too was when Kenyon Martin defended Melo against George Karl's comments. Seriously? Kenyon Martin? hahaha. Its like Manson justifying the Son of Sam's actions. Melo probably told him to shut up after coz comments coming from another ego-maniac wouldnt be helping him at all. Melo definitely has skills, but his style of play would probably have been more suited in the 60s or 70s when they had one superstar and everybody else on the team were just trying to earn a paycheck.

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    tbihis wrote: View Post
    I think Melo is the only superstar in the league who actually lives and breathes knowing that he IS a superstar.

He's perfect for New York. Lets not ruin that for him.
    Melo can kiss my A$$. He is going to regret the day he wanted to be traded to New York. Mark my words, the fans will eat him alive. Melo represents what is worse about NBA ball these days - the "me" first attitude & the need to team up with other stars syndrome. Hey at least Lebron passes, and gets others involved. Carmelo doesn't defend, selfish and doesn't care about his teammates. We know how George Karl feels, now we know how Mike D'Antoni feels.
    Last edited by Balls of Steel; Fri Mar 16, 2012, 11:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    I think Melo is the only superstar in the league who actually lives and breathes knowing that he IS a superstar.

He's perfect for New York. Lets not ruin that for him.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    CT2010 wrote: View Post
    Top ten what? You say he is a crap defender and a selfish player or black hole type of player. He really hasn't shown anything in NYC in the year he has been there.
    He's a top 10 scorer, but not a top 10 player.

Leave a comment:

• CT2010
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Yeah I saw this article yesterday I think... not so sure Carmelo would ever want to come to Toronto - but even if he did, I don't think its a good move. Carmelo can play - and he's probably top 10 in the league.. but he's proven to be selfish and doesn't play much defense.

This might be fine if we had JV/AD in the backcourt. However Casey expects every one to play balls out on defense - and that's easy to preach to a group of young guys trying to prove something in the league. But to convince someone who has a huge ego like Carmelo is another thing. One of the most respected coaches in the league in George Karl couldn't get him to play defense either, so I doubt Casey would be able to do it either.

As for Nash - I'm 100% all in! Just hope he'd want to come play for his home country. Most probably he's sticking with Phoenix though.
    Top ten what? You say he is a crap defender and a selfish player or black hole type of player. He really hasn't shown anything in NYC in the year he has been there.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Yeah I saw this article yesterday I think... not so sure Carmelo would ever want to come to Toronto - but even if he did, I don't think its a good move. Carmelo can play - and he's probably top 10 in the league.. but he's proven to be selfish and doesn't play much defense.

This might be fine if we had JV/AD in the backcourt. However Casey expects every one to play balls out on defense - and that's easy to preach to a group of young guys trying to prove something in the league. But to convince someone who has a huge ego like Carmelo is another thing. One of the most respected coaches in the league in George Karl couldn't get him to play defense either, so I doubt Casey would be able to do it either.

As for Nash - I'm 100% all in! Just hope he'd want to come play for his home country. Most probably he's sticking with Phoenix though.
    last time i checked jv and ad weren't guards. Dwayne Casey is good enough at defense to be able to almost hide calderons hurrendousness. but, hes really inexperienced when it comes to offense, nash and melo could help that. but, itd be hard to cover their defensive inabilities. i dont want melo without a guy like calderon or nash that is pass first.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...ny_steve_nash/

found this on sportnet, would you guys do it? ...
    Can't get Nash here fast enough, as far as I am concerned. Matt has laid out all the reasons it makes sense, aside from Nash being a penultimate team guy who is still playing within spitting distance of MVP consideration. (Okay, that means I don't think he is MVP material at this point in his career, but he isn't that far removed from his MVP season).

The impact of Steve Nash on the Raptors is immediate and ongoing. Message to team: We are serious about improving. We expect him to make you better, so it's also on you. This si an example of what a top level professional athlete is supposed to be like. The last could impact Demar, Davis, Johnson(s) plus JV and new pick.

Sign me up.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Don't really care about the Melo part (no I'm Coming Home video for the ACC). But Nash is interesting. I thought NY was looking like a logical place to go for him (he lives there, no?). As good as Lin is, you wouldn't take him over Nash but at the same time, the Knicks are no longer lost without a point guard. Maybe the current NY scenario is just a bit too SNAFU'd to attract Nash. So maybe he'll look to her poor cousin....

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I would be appauled if they traded for him. It probably would mean JV is a Knick.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Checkines
    replied
    I mean obviously if his value is at an all-time low of course, but then again would he want to play here? Probably not.

Of course if this happens I'd be completely for drafting Thomas Robinson, Drummond, or if we managed to win the lotto get Davis. I'd do this trade with maybe the 2nds or a future pick headed their way.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7fbu7a2

Leave a comment:

Working...
X