No announcement yet.

Ed + Solo spotted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caribana over 10 years ago. Ran into Kevin Willis walking super slow chilling along said hey hi he said hey hi. Took a photo with him. Made a fake hotmail account, emailed the photo to myself from Kevin Willis saying hey man here's that photo from Caribana nice seeing you man! Forwarded that to all my friends. Bewildered hilarity ensued - whattt Kevin Willis emailed you? What the I don't even The End.

Comment

I saw Andrea Bargnani two week ago. He came to my university the Tuesday of the week he started to play. Dude is freaking tall even though that's pretty obvious. Seems like a cool guy...

Comment

I met Kapono and Jamario when they played in TO while i was at the raptors basketball academy and then two years later i went back and met Sonny and Demar and Demar played around for a little bit, was pretty cool.
        Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

I saw Brook&Robin Lopez at Walt Disney in the summer of 2009. They were not as popular as now so I was the only dude asking for autographs, so they were really happy! I did not have any piece of paper to take down their signature so Robin asked a worker if she could get us one! He seemed pretty kind! I also went to Joel Anthony's clinic in Montreal just before going to Walt Disney! He's a kind guy too. I wished him ''Bonne fête'', since it was his birthday!

Comment

I love this thread...so much I've finally broken my read only policy and finally write something down.

I've met Doc Rivers, Ray Allen, Eddie House, JYD, and Alvin Williams. JYD was hands down the nicest. Alvin was the worst. I met Alvin in Miami and told him I was from Toronto and how much I appreciated his work, he could have cared less, totally classless. I met Ray Allen and Eddie House in Miami as well.

I have a terrible past of acting weird and stupid in front of NBA players hahaha. I was so stunned that I was standing in front of Ray Allen glaring, he finally interrupted my awkward glaze-eyed expression to ask if he could help me. I then blurted out 'sorry about the playoffs' (at this point I believe he was a sonic) to which he gave me a 'f*cking idiot' look and walked away.

Same with Doc Rivers, met him in just outside of the four seasons hotel when he was coaching with Orlando. He was walking by, I wanted to say something and I believe I blurted 'good game Doc' to which he politely said thanks and gave me the weird kid screw face look as well. Why you ask? Simply because the game hadn't been played yet, in fact it was hours away hahahaha! My friends were with me and love busting my balls on that one.

Eddie House I met at a mall, he was a thug, it was his first stint with Miami.

Lastly, Chuck Swirsky was the greatest. Period. Anytime I met him he was a class act. He helped out big time with a documentary idea I had relating to the strange death of Bison Dele, he also signed a birthday card for a friends birthday (like he left his work to meet me in the lobby to sign the card!) and almost sent along a video message, but he was concerned it could effect the contracts he was in while working for AM640 so he opted not to. I really liked the Swirsk!
            i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

ya Swirsk was pretty awesome. It took a while for him to grow on me as a commentator, but he is a 100 times better than Devlin. I feel bad for Swirsk, he really wanted to stay in Canada.

Comment

I was shooting a doc on a homeless poet in downtown Toronto night and he told me...

...about a really cold, rainy night where he needed two more dollars to reach the $20 he would need to spend the night in a dive motel. A tall black man came by who the homeless man immediately recognized as a Raptor player. He told the player that he just needed two dollars to get a room for the night so if he could buy one of his poetry books it would be very much appreciated. The man told him he can keep his book but handed him an American one dollar bill and went on down the street. The homeless man thanked him but remarked that he thought it was odd that the guy kept looking back shaking his head at him as he went back at it asking other people for that elusive final dollar. Over the next thirty minutes he was unable to sell any more books so he decided to get a coffee to recharge and go back at it after. Exhausted and freezing, he handed the cashier the American dollar bill she politely informed him that they don't accept $100 bills. The Raptor player, Chris Bosh.

Comment

Almost bumped into Steve Kerr in Phoenix once. I was entering this burrito place and happened to pass by him on the way in.

Didn't realize it was him until I started ordering, though.

Comment

I met Jack Armstrong and Matt Devlin down in the Vancouver game vs. the Suns, and we talked on and on about the season. and different players. Got pictures with them too!

Had a conversation with ex-raptor Jarrett Jack, Sherman Hamilton, Eric Hughes, and Ed Davis. Just saying hi, how they like Vancouver, what they think about the season, on and on.

Once you talk to NBA players, you don''t get as starstruck, haha, it seemed like I've been around NBA players all my life for me after talking to them.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I met Tracy Murray. He was posing as a Pizza Pizza employee at the ACC, and I shook his greasy hand :|

Also met JYD and Brian Skinner who were signing autographs. My friend heckled Skinner as he signed his program. "Hey Skinner, you're not that good!".

I also ran into Patrick Ewing in Yorkville. Was at a restaurant for Winterlicious, and my wife points to Ewing and says, "whoa, that guy's really tall". I wished him good luck as the Magic were in town to play the Raptors the next day.

Comment

Bumped into the 2009-10 Raps crew at the airport. Took a pic with Bosh, Belli, reggie, and Pops. Saw Hedo but totally ignored him. Got an autograph from them as well. Pops was esctatic that someone recognized him and called him out in public LOL.

Comment

well if we make the playoffs next year I'm getting tickets and hopefully I'll meet some guys.

Comment

bumped into peja stojakovic in a neighbourhood 3point shooting event. beat him as well. we ordered a pizza later to celebrate my victory. hedo was the pizzaman and wanted to crash the party. i promptly showed him the doors without a tip or the pizza. He was not amused. BC was begging his dad to buy him a NBA team for christmas but he got only the GM post. The last i remember before crashing was Barbosa taking Nash's missus upstairs to show his pottery collection. Uneventful day I must say.

Comment

ahahaha love the stories!!! These encounters are a lot more common then i previously thought.

Do you think NBA players enjoy being approached while out in public?
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I dealt with Swirsky a few times and he was a complete dick each time. Hate Swirsky.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X