X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAPresenting
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    This is assuming there are takers for our 2nd round picks...
    Very good point but you could also look at it in a way that the team picking may not want the guaranteed contract of a first round pick. With second rounders there is no obligation to sign them let alone for 2-4 years. More desired locations such as Chicago, LA and OKC might prefer the flexibility of second round picks rather then 1st rounder if the talent isn't a substantial difference.

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsss
    replied
    I'm willing to bet that the two people we draft in the second round will be stashed over in Europe. We're only going to have 2 rookies in camp next year.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Well whichever contending teams need more contributors to keep the depth of a team, I would do so, being the draft is so deep, it's got talent in the 2nd round as well. IMO though.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Quit ruining the fun. Lol

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Im trading the two 2nd round picks for a late 1st rounder.

Leave a comment:

• Bouncepass
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    That assessment nails my thoughts exactly.

If the Raps can acquire him with a 20-plus pick, it will be a similar case of luck as experienced with JV i.e. circumstance leading to quality pick at a slot lower than real worth.
    I agree, too. If they can orchestrate it without too high a price, I think that the Raptors should try hard to nab Kabongo, along with their lottery pick. My main concern is that he shows well during workouts and climbs up the draft board and makes it tough to trade for a high enough pick. But Colangelo has some assets to work with and might be able to pull it off.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Im trading the two 2nd round picks for a late 1st rounder.

Leave a comment:

• ebrian
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    im on board. i love me some seniors. throwing a loop here but of all the reasons i to hate vince i applauded and respected that he went back to school. i thought it was the right message.
    The right message is to take off on the eve of the biggest moment in your life to go pick up a piece of paper with your name on it? It's not like he went back to school to take classes, man. He went back so he could wear a silly robe and throw a square academic cap into the air.

Leave a comment:

• stretch
    replied
    J'Covan Brown, aka the black hole, is declaring for the NBA. He has a family to feed is what he said. He had a great season at Texas, all Big 12 guard, master of the spin move, and is worth a look for a 2nd round pick.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    so its decided...who is going to take our selection to BC so he can rubber stamp it?

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    I really don't see savvy teams like the Spurs and Thunder letting him slide into the 2nd round when there turn comes at the end of round one.
    Nope. He has immense talent. He is projected as the 5th pick in 2013 by DraftExpress. Mock drafts mean little - especially over a year away - but it speaks to the talent he possesses.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I really don't see savvy teams like the Spurs and Thunder letting him slide into the 2nd round when there turn comes at the end of round one.

Leave a comment:

• East Coast
    replied
    Why trade any picks, we've got two picks in the second round, seems like we may be able to get him with one of them without having to trade up. If someone else scoops him up first, oh well.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Shantz wrote: View Post
    I decided to go back and read through Chad Ford's analysis of Myck Kabongo. There is not much there, only a few entries, but the most recent entry speaks largely to Kabongo's draft stock.

"The Good: Kabongo is a pure playmaker who can make everyone around him better. He's quick and he has a pretty nice jump shot.

The Bad: Pure point guards need talent around them. Kabongo had a black hole -- J'Covan Brown and little else. He struggled in virtually every area as a freshman.

The Upside: Kabongo is a much better prospect than he showed as a freshman at Texas. It just wasn't a great fit for him this year after most of Texas' talent left for the NBA. His stock has slid considerably because of it, but it wouldn't take him long to rebuild faith in his skills. This is a very weak point guard draft, and Kabongo is one of the few point guards in the NCAA with the ability to make an impact at the next level."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...6/myck-kabongo

It appears that there is potential for Myck to go much higher then what his season showed, as has already been discussed here. The nice thing is that the Raptors do have assets to gain a pick. We have our glut of PFs, a Bayless sign-and-trade (potentially), and the two second round picks.

I personally would love for the Raptors to take Kabongo and try to reach his high ceiling.

PG: Calderon (or someone else if he's amnestied)/Kabongo (while he develops)
    SG: DeRozan/Forbes
    SF: First Rounder (Kidd-Gilchrist/Barnes)/J. Johnson
    PF: Bargnani/A. Johnson
    C: Valanciunas/Gray

On this roster we would potentially have our PG of the future, our SG (if DeRozan can put it all together), a potential franchise SF (Kidd-Gilchrist), a match-up nightmare in Bargnani, and a potential franchise center. Not bad at all!
    That assessment nails my thoughts exactly.

If the Raps can acquire him with a 20-plus pick, it will be a similar case of luck as experienced with JV i.e. circumstance leading to quality pick at a slot lower than real worth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X