X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yertu damkule
    replied
    IROR wrote: View Post
    I know it's an impossible question to answer, but something I've been pondering -- How successful would JV be if he were playing NCAA D1? Would be be more dominant?? Could he have been the first overall pick if he played last year as a freshman? Looking at his Euro numbers, I just imagine him having an Anthony Davis type impact in D1.
    i think you have to take into consideration that he plays in a much more 'pro-style' system in europe than he would in college (well, duh). what i mean is, he gets a significant % of his points off PnR/PnP action, and the college game isn't built around the PnR, at least not nearly to the same degree as it's being used with him. so i think he'd do really well in college (ball skill is ball skill), but the college system might lessen his numbers somewhat.

in general, that's a big reason i'm excited about him...he's learning/perfecting the style of game that NBA offenses are built around. i love AD, he truly does have perimeter skills & a good handle for someone his size, but i think JV 'fits' with the raps quite well as a more traditional low-post 5 to complement bargs' abilities on the perimeter.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    with the length they could form the great wall of china around the paint

Leave a comment:

• omgsomuchpotential
    replied
    If only Raptors would get the chance to draft Davis. I think he and JV would be an amazing force.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Longer and stronger yes, but slower, can't jump as high, and doesn't have 20-foot range. Davis also has guard-like ball handling skills.
    true that.

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    Im hoping, not expecting.

Leave a comment:

• omgsomuchpotential
    replied
    Lucamacus wrote: View Post
    Is index rating the same as PER?
    It's: points + rebounds + steals + blocks + assists - fouls - turnovers - shots missed etc.

Leave a comment:

• Vykis
    replied
    I think JV would have had something like 16/12/3blocks in his freshman year.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    we probably would. I think he might give davis a run for his money. Valanciunas is longer and stronger than davis so he might have an edge
    Longer and stronger yes, but slower, can't jump as high, and doesn't have 20-foot range. Davis also has guard-like ball handling skills.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    we probably would. I think he might give davis a run for his money. Valanciunas is longer and stronger than davis so he might have an edge

Leave a comment:

• IROR
    replied
    I know it's an impossible question to answer, but something I've been pondering -- How successful would JV be if he were playing NCAA D1? Would be be more dominant?? Could he have been the first overall pick if he played last year as a freshman? Looking at his Euro numbers, I just imagine him having an Anthony Davis type impact in D1.

Leave a comment:

• Lucamacus
    replied
    Is index rating the same as PER?

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Thanks. Fabulous recap of Jonas career to date.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    CalibreMC wrote: View Post
    I can't wait for this guy....he's gonna be a beast!
    I am starting to get worried by how much I am looking forward to this. He could be a great pick. (touch wood, touch wood, touch wood)

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    "Valanciunas entered the quarterfinals leading his team in performance index rating (15.9 per game), ranked second in the competition in rebounding (7.8 rpg.) and fourth in blocked shots (1.6 bpg.). And when the games got tougher, so did Valanciunas as he raised his production in every major category in the Last 16 to rank second in the Eurocup in index (19.7)and first in both rebounding (9.3 rpg.) and blocks (1.8 bpg.). And in Game 1 of the quarterfinals: 14 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks and a 23 index!"

this is my favourite quote of the whole article and it was in the second paragraph. bc chose wisely

Leave a comment:

• Fanchie
    replied
    Talking about his being drafted as yet another achievement would be admitting NBA is a clear improvement over Euro hoops. And this is the official Eurocup website...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X