X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandomGuy
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Forbes missed 2 crucial free throws, but JJ missed one seconds eariler. Bargnani missed a wide-open game winner in regulation. Calderon failed to rotate on Deng when JJ came over for the help (on the last possession), Calderon also went under screens defending the PNR against Watson, JJ's out of control drive against 3 defenders in the dying minutes of OT, etc.

There were plenty of reasons why we lost this game, not just Forbes' missed free throws.
    Right

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Forbes missed 2 crucial free throws, but JJ missed one seconds eariler. Bargnani missed a wide-open game winner in regulation. Calderon failed to rotate on Deng when JJ came over for the help (on the last possession), Calderon also went under screens defending the PNR against Watson, JJ's out of control drive against 3 defenders in the dying minutes of OT, etc.

There were plenty of reasons why we lost this game, not just Forbes' missed free throws.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Wonder what Mr. Stern's reaction will be when this is brought to his attention?

Leave a comment:

• e2thed
    replied
    I bet you it was for Taj

Leave a comment:

• bounty
    replied
    Lol

Leave a comment:

• why_you_mad_tho
    replied
    Derozan gives bulls the middle finger

lol wtf?

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I would literally said he's been producing at a high level after all the dunks he's had against New York.

And yeah I would say so, he's been doing what he does best and that's scoring. Especially his 30 point game against an improved defensive team in New York. I only said recently though, which IMO has been high level.

watching that "improved" defense in new york was brutal. do you think that was how other teams felt when they saw the raptors on the other side of the court the past couple years.

i do think that derozan has stepped it up as of late. his scoring is coming and his offense is at a high level. i would like his defensive intensity up a bit or a lot sometimes.

listening to casey say that demar was mostly scared he hurt himself made me think that maybe he is a bit of a pussy though.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    I dunno if I'd say he's been producing at a "high" level
    I would literally said he's been producing at a high level after all the dunks he's had against New York.

And yeah I would say so, he's been doing what he does best and that's scoring. Especially his 30 point game against an improved defensive team in New York. I only said recently though, which IMO has been high level.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    I dunno if I'd say he's been producing at a "high" level

Leave a comment:

• Red and White
    replied
    RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Having Derozan would've been very nice. I don't know, it really doesn't look like he would've made a huge difference, but too me it seems like it would've.

Derozan is a player that requires your best wing player to guard, being with Bargnani's struggles, he is the number one option offensively, and he's been producing at a high level. Demar's defense has been very steady, and he has been playing well defensively in the last couple games against both Fields, JR Smith, Brewer...

Demar would require a lot of attention, and it looked like when Bargnani was getting his baskets, he had a lot of jump-shots, no creation, and that's when I think at crunch time situations, you have to play through your best players. Demar and Bargnani play well off of one another, I.E vs. Knicks. They played off of one another's attention, and really disrupted the opposing team. That's just an observation I made, and again, it's my opinion, having Demar wouldn't have guaranteed the victory, but we probably had a better chance or a bigger margin in terms of score to win the game. Just my opinion though.
    +1. Exactly. It is much like how Pau Gasol and Bynum work in LA. They play off each other. They each need attention in different areas which frees eachother up.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Every possession is important in a close game.
    Every possession in a game is important. Period.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Having Derozan would've been very nice. I don't know, it really doesn't look like he would've made a huge difference, but too me it seems like it would've.

Derozan is a player that requires your best wing player to guard, being with Bargnani's struggles, he is the number one option offensively, and he's been producing at a high level. Demar's defense has been very steady, and he has been playing well defensively in the last couple games against both Fields, JR Smith, Brewer...

Demar would require a lot of attention, and it looked like when Bargnani was getting his baskets, he had a lot of jump-shots, no creation, and that's when I think at crunch time situations, you have to play through your best players. Demar and Bargnani play well off of one another, I.E vs. Knicks. They played off of one another's attention, and really disrupted the opposing team. That's just an observation I made, and again, it's my opinion, having Demar wouldn't have guaranteed the victory, but we probably had a better chance or a bigger margin in terms of score to win the game. Just my opinion though.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    That sure does look like a foul by Boozer.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    ...and 2 open looks for Bargs at the end of reg time...one from about 10 ft he normally hits with his eyes closed (ok an exaggeration).

Wait till next year!

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    I guess it's kinda sad that, having been a Raps fan for so many years, I just feel nothing with these knee to the groin losses. It hurts only in the sense that you know it's supposed to hurt but you get kicked in the balls enough you become immune to it.

The sequence of events that had to transpire to have that blocked shot, blocked shot, be pushed back with 0.1 secs left are probably on the order of about 1,000,000 to 1 but, nevertheless, as a Raps fan, you just knew that something ridiculous was going to happen to lose that game. My wife just started watching games this year and is slowly becoming a fan of the team and she was incredulous that could happen. "how could they miss all those free throws! how did the ball even go in that direction! why throw that pass? how did that not go in!". I was just laughing and welcoming her to Raptorland. I liked Devlin, 'they're reviewing it, they're reviewing it, hang on!". He's still too new. He doesn't understand how it works in Toronto.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X