Bayless a Hidden Gem in Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
    Bayless is stacked, I can't believe all the bayless haters ... all this guy does is put up all star like numbers whenever he gets a chance to start, and all we do is bash him.

His assist numbers are not bad enough for him to be a ball hog, but yes he is more aggressive with his shot than Jose, that is not a crime.

Bayless ftw.
    Apparently numbers don't mean anything

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
      Who's this Mr Wright that this thread is referring to?

I cannot think of a single impact point guard in the NBA named Wright. Come to think of it, I can't think of a single impact player at any position in the NBA named Wright.
      Julian Wright? Raps had him.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I love/hate how we simplify the PG debate into 2 large generalizations (i.e. pass-first, or shoot-first).

I don't want either type of PG. Instead, I want a quarterback able to create easy looks for his teammates, and can make the defense pay when they cheat. Stick with Calderon until that PG is discovered.
        Calderon makes the defense pay when they cheat better than we think, especially recently.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
          Julian Wright? Raps had him.
          Is this a sign? Either the NBA is due for a good player named Wright, or it's a sign that there are no good players named Wright.
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Apparently numbers don't mean anything
            (See James, Mike).

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
              Calderon makes the defense pay when they cheat better than we think, especially recently.
              Yes, be he doesn't have 5+ years of high-level play left in his tank. Plus he's a liability on the defensive end. Watching Calderon guard (if you can call it that) DJ Augustin was downright embarrassing.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Yes, be he doesn't have 5+ years of high-level play left in his tank. Plus he's a liability on the defensive end. Watching Calderon guard (if you can call it that) DJ Augustin was downright embarrassing.
                Bayless didn't fair much better in Charlotte a few weeks ago.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                  Who's this Mr Wright that this thread is referring to?

I cannot think of a single impact point guard in the NBA named Wright. Come to think of it, I can't think of a single impact player at any position in the NBA named Wright.
                  The article is talking about Brandon Wright, from what I can gather. Hardly the 'impact' player you were hoping for .. Sorry man. Haha

I guess the comparison being he's coming on strong for the Mavericks, and Dallas will have a decision to make come the summer time.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    we were playing .500 ball with Jerryd Bayless
                    By this logic Deron Williams is a lousy PG.

Comment

Strange!
                      There is a guy in Phoenix who became MVP doing that.
                      No I am not saying Jose is a good as Nash WAS (notice I emphesized was), but now I would say stick with Jose unless you can get a better PG. There is only a handfull of those that might remotely be available:
                      1. Deron Williams. I acutually believe Raptors have a slight chance of getting him (what is our competition: Nets & Dalas. After Dallas guts its team to get him what is left? 30 plus Dirk & what????????????)
                      2. Rondo. 2 problems: Ang would probably want Jonas, this years first & God knows what else; b) Why is he putting those crazy numbers now & not always? Do you want a PG that only plays hard when he is pissed?
                      3. Parker. Hide your wifes & girfriends. I do not think (if true) having him around is good for morale. Also he is way more effective shoot first. If you PG always shoots, how are JV, Ed .....going to develop?
                      4. Westbrook (If OKC does not at least make it to western final).
                      5. Lin. Give me a break
                      6. Nash. Now?????????????? If anything Nash would want to go either go to contender or stay in Phoenix.
                      I'd say, we stick with Jose & Bayless for now & focus on improving other areas.
                      Oh yes, why not take a flyer on a long shot PG in 2nd round?

Comment

westbrook resigned i'm pretty sure

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Sure to shock many but I'm not keen on keeping Bayless as a starter.

I would be interested in knowing what Calderon could fetch on the trade market. Could he bring back Wesley Matthews - maybe throw in a 2nd round pick? Portland is going to be in desperate need of a PG.

With a glaring hole at PG now, Dragic could be an interesting possibility with next year's draft focus being a PG (Kabongo maybe?).

I won't mention Nash - oh sh!t, I just did.
                          Jose, JJ and the 2nd rounder for Matthews and Batum. Or something like that.

Comment

I think it's time to buy into reality of the PG situation. There's no help coming this offseason. I don't know if BC could be convinced any of the FA alternatives are really better than Calderon for one more year. The most likely situation I think is we keep Jose, let his contract expire and see what happens next year, when not only might there be new FA options, but a new draft crop too. I think if anything, this is the summer Bayless might be let go. He's been here 2 years, and even with this recent injury, I'm not sure how much he could have done to show he's a much different player than he's been for his whole stay. I could see BC looking at alternatives to backup Jose. Lots of people are high on guys like Marshall or Lillard...I don't want a PG whose weaknesses are already so obvious it's like they'll have to climb Everest to be stars. Marshall is J-Kidd without the speed and athleticism, not to mention that Kidd at least could finish at the rim....and I don't know, Lillard just strikes me as another gamble. He could be a big time score-first PG...He could just be Bayless all over again. Obviously like anybody I would love Kabongo if he's improved for next year's draft. Heck, maybe there will be other options(anyone know what Marquis Teague's plans are?) too that seem much more appealing than what we can get now.

Comment

Working...
                            X