Kleiza: moving forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kleiza: moving forward

Is anyone else underwhelmed with Kleiza? He's been wildly inconsistent, with fewer good games than bad it seems. His 3pt shooting is actually atrocious.

The only problem is he has those games where he just explodes and makes you question everything. He's like a whiny girlfriend with a insane rack you don't know who to part with.
    @sweatpantsjer

I'm on the fence. I don't care if he stays or goes.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      Is anyone else underwhelmed with Kleiza? He's been wildly inconsistent, with fewer good games than bad it seems. His 3pt shooting is actually atrocious.
      I'm underwhelmed with every single player on the roster. I couldn't care less whether Kleiza is back. If he stays, he's a body off the bench. If he goes, you can replace his production rather easily. The only caveat is that it might make sense to have him here as a comfort blanket for Valanciunas next season with the language/communication issues, new culture, etc.

Comment

The only problem is he has those games where he just explodes and makes you question everything. He's like a whiny girlfriend with a insane rack you don't know who to part with.
        Those games that he just explodes and makes you question everything is the epitome of a solid bench player. He is not a starter. I have no problem keeping him as a reserve - like 8/9th guy. He is fearless and a prick and the Raptors need players like that.

The only thing I could look from him is more consistency. But given his return from major injury and the nature of this season due to lockout, I give him a pass.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Those games that he just explodes and makes you question everything is the epitome of a solid bench player. He is not a starter. I have no problem keeping him as a reserve - like 8/9th guy. He is fearless and a prick and the Raptors need players like that.

The only thing I could look from him is more consistency. But given his return from major injury and the nature of this season due to lockout, I give him a pass.
          I also like him as a bench player. I like his toughness. He will probably help JV get adjusted to the NBA too.

Comment

I don't care if he goes, but I don't care if he stays either. It can be a help for Jonas Valanciunas coming in.

He is a guy that pisses you off, good confidence, I like his skill-set. I don't really mind his inconsistency because his injury, after a year of not playing. So I'm gonna cut him some slack. At least he comes up big at times, he's a good role player.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

That's honestly what I see in Kleiza. He's a total dick, and I love it. We don't have enough of it from our heavy minute players.

Comment

You just described everyone on the roster...

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  You just described everyone on the roster...
                  Actually it doesn't include Jose, Aaron Gray, and James Johnson.

Comment

Actually his 3 point shooting is not bad. He is shooting over 34% on the season with over 150 attempts. Do I think he takes to many, yes, but I also think that his % would go up a few more points with better shot selection. Of all the players that qualify as forwards, Linas is the 28th best 3 point shooter. Let the team and Linas figure out his role and he is a valuable player for us going forward. He is not a saviour, but a quality depth guy that we need.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I just have a hard time imagining a situation where the team moves him. His contract is too big to make him a valuable trade asset, but not big enough to be a huge albatross at this point. The team is still relatively shallow at SF (no guarantee they'll fix this through the draft). There's the JV connection. I like him as a veteran influence. Love how he gets under people's skin. He seems, from what I can tell, happy with his role with the team. And every now and then, he plays an insane game. Like Matt says, he needs more consistency, but even as is, he's the sort of guy you can put in for a few minutes, see if he's on, and if not, yank him out.

This is really getting ahead of myself, but this is something that can have a huge impact in a playoff series: a guy who can come in off the bench, get hot for a game or two, and really piss off every guy on the opposing team. Over a five or six games, the effect of those head-games that Kleiza seems to be good at are magnified.

Comment

They can always amnesty him if they really wanted rid of him. Bargnani will never be amnestied. Calderon would make no sense to amnesty. If they were ever going to use it Kleiza could be a candidate if they need to make quick space.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          They can always amnesty him if they really wanted rid of him. Bargnani will never be amnestied. Calderon would make no sense to amnesty. If they were ever going to use it Kleiza could be a candidate if they need to make quick space.
                          The only way Calderon is amnestied is if Colangelo fancies a specific player this summer, who otherwise wouldn't fit (in terms of salary cap)

Comment

Depends on whom you replace him with. After Bargnani, DeRozan and Calderon, LK is the best scorer on the current roster and can go inside or out to get points. Until Bayless gets back he's the only guy you can throw the ball to in the second unit to score. Generally he has a size advantage against opposing SF's which is why his back down move into a jump floater/hook is relatively successful.

Not sure what else is available in his price range but wouldn't mind seeing him back for another season.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              Depends on whom you replace him with. After Bargnani, DeRozan and Calderon, LK is the best scorer on the current roster and can go inside or out to get points. Until Bayless gets back he's the only guy you can throw the ball to in the second unit to score. Generally he has a size advantage against opposing SF's which is why his back down move into a jump floater/hook is relatively successful.

Not sure what else is available in his price range but wouldn't mind seeing him back for another season.
                              We need to keep in mind the JV and a top ten lotto pick are both on the way. There are lots of strong scorers in this draft. Also if they amnestied Kleiza maybe the guy inbound is a good scorer?

Comment

Working...
                              X