your top 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your top 10

How would the top 10 be drafted if each team took the Best Player Available?
    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

1 davis
    2 mkg
    3 beal/drummond
    4 beal drummond
    5 robinson
    6 barnes
    7 sullinger
    8 zeller
    9 jones (could go higer or lower depending on interviews and workouts i think)
    10 rivers

Comment

1. Anthony Davis
      2. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
      3. Thomas Robinson
      4. Brad Beal
      5. Harrison Barnes
      6. Jared Sullinger
      7. Jeremy Lamb
      8. Damian Lillard
      9. Tyler Zeller
      10. Kendall Marshall

Drummond, PJ3 and others will likely be high in these spots, but I don't have them in my brain as being the best players.
      -More like, 'potential' guys.
      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Any one that puts MKG in their top 3 I am begging them to tell me why he should go top 3?

Swingmen that play like a 4 have difficulties in the NBA. Have you seen him demonstrate the ability to create his own shot? Stick the 3 pointer? Operate efficiently in the haf court?

I think in this draft there are alot of prospects being touted but no one can tell me why they are ranked this high?

It's easy to comment on A.Davis and why he should most likely be #1, but from watching Kentucky play how can you also assume MKG is going to be the 2nd best player from that draft? What has he done to deserve this ranking? Not trying to bash him because he's a good kid, but I think many fans just trot out names and not study the games.

Chad Ford guessses the same way we do folks.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
          Any one that puts MKG in their top 3 I am begging them to tell me why he should go top 3?

Swingmen that play like a 4 have difficulties in the NBA. Have you seen him demonstrate the ability to create his own shot? Stick the 3 pointer? Operate efficiently in the haf court?

I think in this draft there are alot of prospects being touted but no one can tell me why they are ranked this high?

It's easy to comment on A.Davis and why he should most likely be #1, but from watching Kentucky play how can you also assume MKG is going to be the 2nd best player from that draft? What has he done to deserve this ranking? Not trying to bash him because he's a good kid, but I think many fans just trot out names and not study the games.

Chad Ford guessses the same way we do folks.
          It's not about trotting out names ... how many Kentucky games did you watch this year? I watched more Kentucky games this year, than I ever have of any US college team in a season - and MKG may be THE most NBA ready contributor off that team.

It makes it tough when people demand tangible reasons, when being a great player doesn't always translate into exactly equal numbers and stats.

I don't understand what aspects make you say he plays like a 4, so that part is hard to address.

What he does?

Always covers the opponents leading scoring threat, in positions 1-3. In the Baylor elimination game, it was MKG dogging Jackson all night, and making him a non-factor.

He can finish very well on the break, which is very important for a player who creates so many turnovers with his length and aggression.

Intangible - passion. He works tirelessly on both ends of the court, hunting down any loose ball within a flying leap of him - and doing anything the team needs to win. In the first half of the championship victory he led the way with scoring ... in the second half it was defence and his usual hustle.

Leadership - as a freshman he was leading by example, organizing optional morning shoot arounds and practices for the team ... these ended up being a fully attended part of the team's workout schedule.

He's 6'7, with the length and quicks to switch from SF to SG ... where he will be known as a lockdown defender, glue guy, above average rebounder at the position, with a limited (yet expanding) offensive repertoire.

You seem pretty hard lined, so maybe there's not an argument to convince easily ... but you said anyone who had him in top 3 should say why ...

From a Raptor perspective:
          A young, long, athletic, hard nosed defender, with a motor for winning, leadership and maturity at such a young age, ready to step in on day one and help you compete ... I can see why we would be interested ... and why any other team would be as well.
          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
            It's not about trotting out names ... how many Kentucky games did you watch this year? I watched more Kentucky games this year, than I ever have of any US college team in a season - and MKG may be THE most NBA ready contributor off that team.

It makes it tough when people demand tangible reasons, when being a great player doesn't always translate into exactly equal numbers and stats.

I don't understand what aspects make you say he plays like a 4, so that part is hard to address.

What he does?

Always covers the opponents leading scoring threat, in positions 1-3. In the Baylor elimination game, it was MKG dogging Jackson all night, and making him a non-factor.

He can finish very well on the break, which is very important for a player who creates so many turnovers with his length and aggression.

Intangible - passion. He works tirelessly on both ends of the court, hunting down any loose ball within a flying leap of him - and doing anything the team needs to win. In the first half of the championship victory he led the way with scoring ... in the second half it was defence and his usual hustle.

Leadership - as a freshman he was leading by example, organizing optional morning shoot arounds and practices for the team ... these ended up being a fully attended part of the team's workout schedule.

He's 6'7, with the length and quicks to switch from SF to SG ... where he will be known as a lockdown defender, glue guy, above average rebounder at the position, with a limited (yet expanding) offensive repertoire.

You seem pretty hard lined, so maybe there's not an argument to convince easily ... but you said anyone who had him in top 3 should say why ...

A young, long, athletic, hard nosed defender, with a motor for winning, leadership and maturity at such a young age, ready to step in on day one and help you compete ... I can see why we would be interested ... and why any other team would be as well.
            My top three in this draft are AD, and then Beal and/or MKG - not sure 2 or 3.

Great write up on MKG.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              My top three in this draft are AD, and then Beal and/or MKG - not sure 2 or 3.
              I'm in the same boat. I can't decide between Beal or MKG either, but they're both ahead of Robinson, Drummond, and Barnes in my books.

Comment

Robinson deserves to go higher up. top 3 IMO. He is tough and aggressive . He has a winning mentality and reminds me of KG in his MIN days..Something we cannot teach in our camps. Something that cannot be gained with experience unlike leadership skills.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post

What he does?

I watched plenty of Uk games this year hence my concerns.

He is one year removed from High School where he played more with his back to the basket than facing up in the half-court. He was highly touted coming out of HS but the concerns regarding his face-up game were noted at that time. On Kentucky last year due to the immense talent around him he wasn't forced to change his game and scored mainly in transition and off pounding the glass and getting effort buckets.

No doubt he can defend but can he defend the NBA 3 who will most likely be taller and better skilled than the opponents he took on in college? He does finish very well on the break but thats not an asset for the Raps who don't run. Maybe Casey will change this but right now finishing in transition is not a skill that will be readily used on this squad cuz they don't run. Leaderhsip and effort are givens with him which are great but not necessarily the qualities of utmost importance when drafting a player in the top 3. You're looking for skill or talent, upside and someone that can project to be an all-star (ideally).

I'm talking NBA skills for a 3 or 2, whichever position you project him at. His shooting ability is average and when factoring in his 3 pt % below average. Ball handling and shot creation? Can you honestly say he is above average in these facets of the game? In the Finals they did not run one iso or specific play for him during the last 10 minutes of the game.

He's a solid player but I think that playing on the team he did allowed him to be the same player he's always been and in the NBA being drafted high usually means you are going to a team with less talent than others, and I don't see how the player he is projects to a high pick because outside of the rebounding and intangibles, what he does as at an NBA level to warrant a top 3 pick? At least Beal can shoot the rock (although he's undersized) so I can see why he is highly touted but I think MKG rep is being built on the fact he played with UK last year, which was as stacked a team as you can imagine.

The Raps want to invest a top 3 pick on a hard nosed defender with a high motor? Interest yes, but not in the top 3. Just mho.
                  Last edited by sleepz; Wed Apr 11, 2012, 01:45 PM.

Comment

My list

1. Anthony Davis Kentucky
                    2. Thomas Robinson Kansas
                    3. Michael Kidd-Gil Kentucky
                    4. Bradley Beal Florida
                    5. Andre Drummond Uconn
                    6. Harrison Barnes North Carolina
                    7. Perry Jones Baylor
                    8. Jared Sullinger Ohio State
                    9. Austin Rivers Duke
                    10. Jeremy Lamb Uconn

Comment

Top 10*:

1- A Davis
                      2 - A Drummond
                      3 - H Barnes
                      4 - T Robinson
                      5 - J Lamb
                      6 - B Beal
                      7 - P Jones
                      8 - M Kidd-Gilchrist
                      9 - A Rivers
                      10 - T Jones

*Subject to change after draft work-outs. lol

Comment

1-AD
                        2-MKG
                        3-Beal
                        4-Drummond
                        5-Robinson
                        6-Barnes
                        7-T. Jones
                        8-PJ3
                        9-Lamb
                        10-Lillard

* this is based on a Raptors perspective.

Comment

I watched plenty of Uk games this year hence my concerns.

He is one year removed from High School where he played more with his back to the basket than facing up in the half-court. He was highly touted coming out of HS but the concerns regarding his face-up game were noted at that time. On Kentucky last year due to the immense talent around him he wasn't forced to change his game and scored mainly in transition and off pounding the glass and getting effort buckets.

No doubt he can defend but can he defend the NBA 3 who will most likely be taller and better skilled than the opponents he took on in college? He does finish very well on the break but thats not an asset for the Raps who don't run. Maybe Casey will change this but right now finishing in transition is not a skill that will be readily used on this squad cuz they don't run. Leaderhsip and effort are givens with him which are great but not necessarily the qualities of utmost importance when drafting a player in the top 3. You're looking for skill or talent, upside and someone that can project to be an all-star (ideally).

I'm talking NBA skills for a 3 or 2, whichever position you project him at. His shooting ability is average and when factoring in his 3 pt % below average. Ball handling and shot creation? Can you honestly say he is above average in these facets of the game? In the Finals they did not run one iso or specific play for him during the last 10 minutes of the game.

He's a solid player but I think that playing on the team he did allowed him to be the same player he's always been and in the NBA being drafted high usually means you are going to a team with less talent than others, and I don't see how the player he is projects to a high pick because outside of the rebounding and intangibles, what he does as at an NBA level to warrant a top 3 pick? At least Beal can shoot the rock (although he's undersized) so I can see why he is highly touted but I think MKG rep is being built on the fact he played with UK last year, which was as stacked a team as you can imagine.

The Raps want to invest a top 3 pick on a hard nosed defender with a high motor? Interest yes, but not in the top 3. Just mho.

No, definitely not ... those are the weaknesses in his game for sure. My opinion is just that, despite those shortcomings, he still has the tools to be worth a top 3 pick ... and his work ethic will no doubt close the gap on some of those weaknesses in time. If he matures to be the lockdown defender, with an improved offensive game, maybe he could be at an all-star level ... but his selection would be more based on being a key part of an elite team, not for jaw dropping scoring lines.

... for the record, Beal would also make me jump through the roof with excitement ... but I have MKG on that list too.

Comment

Top 10*:

1- A Davis
                            2 - A Drummond
                            3 - H Barnes
                            4 - T Robinson
                            5 - J Lamb
                            6 - B Beal
                            7 - P Jones
                            8 - M Kidd-Gilchrist
                            9 - A Rivers
                            10 - T Jones

*Subject to change after draft work-outs. lol
                            I agree NBA GM's are going to have a hard time passing on Drummond, due to his insane potential ... but that also equates to bust potential. If the list is teams taking the 'best player', he falls.

Nice to see T. Jones popping up on people's lists too. He was in the shadows of other names some nights, but he is ready to make the jump to the next level.

Comment

Working...
                            X