Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• badbob
    replied
    I don't understand where all you people are coming from! Toronto is trying to find a backup PG so they bring in 10 contracts that being Ben Uzoh and Justin Dentmon; so tell me so far has any of these 2 guys stood out and said sign me to a contract for next year at all? Now you look at Lester Hudson and what he has done with his 10 day contracts stands out a lot more and says sign me! You can only judge with what they all do on the court and what I have seen with Lester over Ben and Justin I would say Lester is a has a better chance of being signed then either of the Toronto PG's. Remember we are looking especially for a backup PG. Lester is putting up good numbers in comparison to Ben and Justin!!

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    Lets go head to head with Andrea Bargnani's career year for you to appreciate Hudson's contributions.

Andrea vs Hudson
    18 shots/ game shooting 45% as a 7-footer vs hudson's 6-3 with 14shots/game at 40%
    3 turnovers/game for both
    4 threes/game at 35% vs 6 three's a game at 30%
    5.2 rebounds/game vs 4.4 rebounds/game
    1.8 assists/ game vs 4 assists/ game
    10million/ year against hudson's 500,000/ year.

edit : this is not a dig on bargnani. But we have to give it to a fringe player who is working hard in his second chance. Same goes for Alan Anderson.
    Take out Bargnani's 9 games back after injury.

Consider the match up nightmare Bargnani is.

Consider the Raptors performance with and without Bargnani in the lineup.

I recall Sundiata Gaines having some respectable numbers with Utah, Toronto, and New Jersey last year. What has he done this year?

Anyone in the NBA has talent. Anyone in the NBA can get hot at any time. Anyone in the NBA could be really effective until the scouting report comes out.

In my opinion, this is some superficial thinking at best. Every year a 10-day amazes. A big part of that is "10 days".

Leave a comment:

• draftedraptor
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I do find it comical.

The guy is taking 17 shots per game, shooting just 40%. He is taking over 7 three's a game, hitting under 2, and shooting 23%. His turnovers are 3 per game. Unlike the phenomena that was Jeremy Lin, he is not even helping the Cavs win (which is really pissing me off! Come on Cavs, quit tanking! Ummmmm. Pot, Kettle. Kettle, Pot).

Ugh.

Come on people.

The only positive I can spin for him is he gets to the line 5 times again and hits 92%.
    Lets go head to head with Andrea Bargnani's career year for you to appreciate Hudson's contributions.

Andrea vs Hudson
    18 shots/ game shooting 45% as a 7-footer vs hudson's 6-3 with 14shots/game at 40%
    3 turnovers/game for both
    4 threes/game at 35% vs 6 three's a game at 30%
    5.2 rebounds/game vs 4.4 rebounds/game
    1.8 assists/ game vs 4 assists/ game
    10million/ year against hudson's 500,000/ year.

edit : this is not a dig on bargnani. But we have to give it to a fringe player who is working hard in his second chance. Same goes for Alan Anderson.
    Last edited by draftedraptor; Thu Apr 12, 2012, 09:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Are we really at that point where we're dissecting the merits of 3rd and 4th string point guards? There's a reason why Hudson was not in the nba this season up until a few weeks ago - because he's not very good. Personally, I want no part of Hudson for next season. We can do a lot better than him.
    I do find it comical.

The guy is taking 17 shots per game, shooting just 40%. He is taking over 7 three's a game, hitting under 2, and shooting 23%. His turnovers are 3 per game. Unlike the phenomena that was Jeremy Lin, he is not even helping the Cavs win (which is really pissing me off! Come on Cavs, quit tanking! Ummmmm. Pot, Kettle. Kettle, Pot).

Ugh.

Come on people.

The only positive I can spin for him is he gets to the line 5 times again and hits 92%.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Are we really at that point where we're dissecting the merits of 3rd and 4th string point guards? There's a reason why Hudson was not in the nba this season up until a few weeks ago - because he's not very good. Personally, I want no part of Hudson for next season. We can do a lot better than him.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    Sorry, I prefer Uzoh to Hudson.
    Uzoh cant do anything though. He has no jumpshot and he can't pass the ball either. Hudson can at least score and pass

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsss
    replied
    Sorry, I prefer Uzoh to Hudson.

Leave a comment:

• c_bcm
    replied
    c_bcm wrote: View Post
    Fair enough. I might be willing to hang on to him if we can sign him on the cheap. Or sign as trade bait to plump up an offer for a more talented player at one of our positions of concern. Either way I don't see getting rid of him only to be replaced by someone older, less experienced, and therefore cheaper. Doesn't make sense if we are to "hit the ground running" next season.
    Although I might do it if we replace Bayless' minutes with Kendal Marshall, and then have Lester be 3rd deep as insurance for Jose's inevitable injuries.

Leave a comment:

• c_bcm
    replied
    Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Because he will be a rfa and might be gone as hopefully we won't make the qualifying offer. Bayless' quality as a pg has been discussed elsewhere, clearly I'm in the he'a-not-very-good-camp.
    Fair enough. I might be willing to hang on to him if we can sign him on the cheap. Or sign as trade bait to plump up an offer for a more talented player at one of our positions of concern. Either way I don't see getting rid of him only to be replaced by someone older, less experienced, and therefore cheaper. Doesn't make sense if we are to "hit the ground running" next season.

Leave a comment:

• bounty
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post
    I was not trying to be a dick or anything, it was just hard to read at first. I know I make my share of blunders.
    Its cool i dont think your a dick or anything we all make mistakes.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    bounty wrote: View Post
    Thanks for pointing it out
    I was not trying to be a dick or anything, it was just hard to read at first. I know I make my share of blunders.

Leave a comment:

• bounty
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post
    we're/know/through
    Thanks for pointing it out

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    bounty wrote: View Post
    Where going to have to wait until after the draft because we dont no what position we might fill in threw that yet.
    we're/know/through

Leave a comment:

• Soft Euro
    replied
    c_bcm wrote: View Post
    Why do we need a good and cheap replacement for Bayless again? ...
    Because he will be a rfa and might be gone as hopefully we won't make the qualifying offer. Bayless' quality as a pg has been discussed elsewhere, clearly I'm in the he'a-not-very-good-camp.

Leave a comment:

• bounty
    replied
    RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    Your display pic is unreal had to say something!
    Lol thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X