Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A slow clap for Coach Casey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A slow clap for Coach Casey

    He got a crappy team to give 110% and actually give a damn. What he's brought to the team is worth far more than whatever lotto balls we might be losing out on.

    I'm excited to see what he can do next year with some players.

    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Apr 15, 2012, 10:12 PM. Reason: A video to illustrate the point - hope you don't mind!
    @sweatpantsjer

  • #2
    ceez wrote: View Post
    He got a crappy team to give 110% and actually give a damn. What he's brought to the team is worth far more than whatever lotto balls we might be losing out on.

    I'm excited to see what he can do next year with some players.

    +1

    Comment


    • #3
      ceez wrote: View Post
      He got a crappy team to give 110% and actually give a damn. What he's brought to the team is worth far more than whatever lotto balls we might be losing out on.

      I'm excited to see what he can do next year with some players.
      very true. sure, the odd superstar in a draft has turned a team around (cavs) and some teams lose long enough to draft a team (okc) but there are plenty of teams that are always in the draft lottery and never go anywhere. I'll clap.

      Comment


      • #4
        coach casey deserves the clap more than I do after having sex with your mom.

        Comment


        • #5
          akashsingh wrote: View Post
          coach casey deserves the clap more than I do after having sex with your mom.
          not so sure. it is a pretty dirty move you did. i think the clap is well deserved for you. and casey deserves a clap and a thank you from colangelo for most likely earning them their extensions

          Comment


          • #6
            Coach Casey is a venerable guy.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'll give props to Casey. He's done a lot with very little.

              But I still want those loses!

              Comment


              • #8
                ceez wrote: View Post
                He got a crappy team to give 110% and actually give a damn. What he's brought to the team is worth far more than whatever lotto balls we might be losing out on.

                I'm excited to see what he can do next year with some players.
                They can get a good player at #7 but with Bargnani shut down for the season how many more of the remaining games can they hope to win? I could see them landing as low at 5th worst or a high as 10th worst. They're so darn hard to gauge right now. Not a good choice for Proline betters.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Apollo wrote: View Post
                  They can get a good player at #7 but with Bargnani shut down for the season how many more of the remaining games can they hope to win? I could see them landing as low at 5th worst or a high as 10th worst. They're so darn hard to gauge right now. Not a good choice for Proline betters.
                  Very true. Tough to play probabilities when it is so random.

                  On another note, one thing I'd like to point out is there are always 1, 2, or 3 teams who get in to the top 3. The odds are not in the Raptors favour but my simple way of looking at it is this: 2 teams between 4th and 9th (6 teams total) are likely to be in the top 3. That gives the Raptors a 1 in 3 shot if the finish between 4 and 9. Last year, for example, NJ picked 3rd (Utah) while finishing 6th worst and LAC (CLE) picked 1st finishing 8th.

                  I know it doesn't work like that but just a point to illustrate all is not lost by winning a few more games.
                  Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Apr 16, 2012, 01:07 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Very true. Tough to play probabilities when it is so random.

                    On another note, one thing I'd like to point out is there are always 1, 2, or 3 teams who get in to the top 3. The odds are not in the Raptors favour but my simple way of looking at it is this: 2 teams between 4th and 9th (6 teams total) are likely to be in the top 3. That gives the Raptors a 1 in 3 shot if the finish between 4 and 9. Last year, for example, NJ picked 3rd (Utah) while finishing 6th worst and LAC (CLE) picked 1st finishing 8th.

                    I know it doesn't work like that but just a point to illustrate all is not lost by winning a few more games.
                    We may also be able to trade up into the top 4. If we finish 8th.. I'm sure a team would be willing to trade their #3 or #4 pick for our theoretical #8 pick and Ed Davis.. or our #8 pick and a protected 2013 pick for their #3 or #4 pick.

                    The probability is much lower in this case since it would be hard to convince a team to let go of their pick, IMO.. however there is always a chance that it could go through.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Definitely a big +1. Casey is in my mind, the best coach we've had since Butch Carter, in terms of Xs and Os combined with the ability to be motivational, hold people accountable and occasionally be creative(part of xs and os, but I mean coming up with very situational out of the box plays for things like inbounding it at the end of the clock).
                      I also agree that it's always better to see winning and improvement from the team, since it sacrifices little in terms of odds at the top 3 picks if we're lower down, and I could see this draft getting really junked up. Looks like there may not be any sure studs after Davis, assuming he is, so teams could be very unpredictable, which could also mean teams are open to trades if we want to move up.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Definitely a big +1. Casey is in my mind, the best coach we've had since Butch Carter, in terms of Xs and Os combined with the ability to be motivational, hold people accountable and occasionally be creative(part of xs and os, but I mean coming up with very situational out of the box plays for things like inbounding it at the end of the clock).
                        I also agree that it's always better to see winning and improvement from the team, since it sacrifices little in terms of odds at the top 3 picks if we're lower down, and I could see this draft getting really junked up. Looks like there may not be any sure studs after Davis, assuming he is, so teams could be very unpredictable, which could also mean teams are open to trades if we want to move up.
                        +1 again.

                        I would even take it a step further and say that given that Casey has done more-with-less probably than any other coach in the league, I would consider him a top 5 coach based on this year alone. He changed our entire culture, we have a real style and identity now, and no team tries harder on a consistent basis than the Raps, and they have had nothing to play for the entire year.

                        I also agree that we might trade up or make a move, rendering our lottery position to more of a trade chip than anything. BC likes to wheel and deal. He`ll make something happen before next season tips off. Whether or not it will be really smart or really stupid on the other hand....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I've been a huge Casey guy since the first game. Despite no camp and a totally bogus preseason he had totally changed the mindset from game 1. Look back on last years squad and how they played compared to this years squad (especially AB). Night and Day. We've seen a lot of coaches come and a lot go but without new blood there's never been such a turnaround.
                          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Demar's performance certainly makes more and more sense. Clearly he wasn't used to being held accountable but as the season went on he got better and better, even gasp! - defensively. now i'm not saying Demar is untouchable, but he's certainly a piece moving forward as opposed to the pylon he was at midseason.
                            @sweatpantsjer

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              i said it before and i'll say it again, i can't wait to see what Casey does when he has a group of his guys
                              @sweatpantsjer

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X