Magloire to return? Dwane Casey hopes so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Magloire always seems to be chirping at someone from the opposing team and other than James Johnson is the only guy on the roster that has no issue with playing the role of a physical intimidator. If he were to not be on the roster (or someone like him) it would be open season on the Raptors again when guys like Garnett, Kendrick Perkins. Melo etc.. come to town. This team needs to have guys that aren't afraid to "throw down" which is one of my fears of a Bargnani/Val tandem? The perception of the Raptors being a soft Euro team would continue to persist and that is pretty much like blood in the water in the NBA.
    In the JV thread there are highlights from pretty much every game he has played this year. From what I have seen, he does not back down from anybody. Let teams think the Raptors are a soft Euro team, they won't know what hits them when JV gives it as good as he gets it (and hopefully more when he adds size).

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
      I would love to have Jamal back!
      He was all class ... showed a fire that we haven't seen, either from the bench or the court, since Oak ... TOUGH!

Hypothetically, we bring back Gray and bring over Val ... no reason we can't have Jamal ... Even with Bargs, and Ed or Amir.
      Same here. As long as he doesnt extend beyond being a mentor. He should be vocal, teach the young guys a thing or two, be the savvy veteran, but not the leader. The leader of the team should be either Bargnani or Derozan and maybe eventually JV.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        In the JV thread there are highlights from pretty much every game he has played this year. From what I have seen, he does not back down from anybody. Let teams think the Raptors are a soft Euro team, they won't know what hits them when JV gives it as good as he gets it (and hopefully more when he adds size).
        We'll show em!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Reports out of Lithuania are that Val doesn't back down from no one.
          He better, cause if a fool like John Wall wants to step to a tall lithuanian again he will get it.

I wanna see Val fight Meyers Leonards next season.
          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Magloire has crazy limitations but has not been a liability in the anywhere but at the line. He's cracked some heads and been a real player/coach type. I've been impressed with his contributions. He could easily sulk about PT and role when guys like Solo are getting minutes ahead of him. Hell even Gray has had moments where I've been screaming for Jamaal. I think he'd be a great teacher/leader for JV. He understands Caseys system and has the size and grit to help JV grow in practice. If anything I think it'd be a mistake to not have JM back next year.
            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Fanchie wrote: View Post
              Sounds like a player/assistant coach transition program...
              prob. & i dont really mind if its on the a min. contract with limited expectations.. if derrick martin could do it why not jamal..

its not like DC said hes a key player.. he just said hes invaluable to him in the locker room..

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                prob. & i dont really mind if its on the a min. contract with limited expectations.. if derrick martin could do it why not jamal..

its not like DC said hes a key player.. he just said hes invaluable to him in the locker room..
                As fifth big in a player coach role he is a fantastic option. Great to body up on JV in practice. Gets in the ear of people that need it etc... Bargs, JV, ED D, Gray and Magloire is a lot of depth at the 4 and 5 spot. Wouldn't mind picking up Reggie Evans again for insurance
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

theycallmezz wrote: View Post
                  all about the secret messages, folks
                  +2 ahahaha
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                    He better, cause if a fool like John Wall wants to step to a tall lithuanian again he will get it.

I wanna see Val fight Meyers Leonards next season.
                    true big men don' let no one go past dem. even if they get dunked on sometimes.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                      I would love to have Jamal back!
                      He was all class ... showed a fire that we haven't seen, either from the bench or the court, since Oak ... TOUGH!

Hypothetically, we bring back Gray and bring over Val ... no reason we can't have Jamal ... Even with Bargs, and Ed or Amir.
                      +1

I expected nothing from Jamal when they signed him and expected it was almost a publicity stunt. Shows how much I know. I wonder who it was on the mgmt team that wanted him originally?

Comment

Aaron Gray is also a player who doesnt back down physically from anyone and is bit more mobile (thats not saying much) but I like JM's picks....he sets really good & hard ones with very little give. Both back will be good but that ends it for Solo here I think. Wonder if the UK bond is a factor between JM & DC.

Comment

I'd like to see both Big Cat and Gray back. Big Cat is the toughest player the raps have had in a decade and he is essential to the culture change. Gray has proven to be a serviceable big, and he seems perfectly suited to back up Jonas (or start games when playing against teams wider-bodied centres)

Comment

the reg is tougher than the big cat tbh..
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Magloire - Dwayne Casey's next assistant coach.

But honestly I do agree with having him there to help mentor JV. Gray's not experienced enough to show JV anything. Magloire as bad as he has gotten still can how JV some shit he use to be able to do.

Comment

Can't believe he's turning 34 next month and not 43... Well at least I feel younger now.

Comment

Working...
                                X