Amare on the block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amare on the block?

Can BC bring back the guy he drafted in Phoenix? Would he be a good addition for the good guys??

I made this trade work on the NBA Trade Machine.

Amare for Bargs/Kleiza/Davis

Both have pretty big defensive deficiencies. Just wonder if Bargs would work better with Melo. We take a chance on a struggling Amare.

Thoughts?

He looks like he's on the decline and like the knee surgeries are catching up to him, athletically wise.

I know this is a shortened season, etc but he's not finishing or jumping with the same explosiveness. He doesn't have as much lift and his jump just isn't as quick.

He reminds me of Antonio McDyess right after he started to lose his athleticism.

Comment

i was wondering if the moronic breaking of glass would have consequences. i hope he does get traded but not to toronto. he seems to me to be the kind of guy who you are counting on to come through and face adversity with but instead cries like a baby and smashes things so that he can sit back and watch his teammates lose.

what a fucking idiot

Comment

The Knicks should've stuck with their roster instead of trading for melo.
        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

He is the most untradeable contract in the league, I think.

He is on the decline.
          He is owed $65M over 3 years.
          But most importantly his contract cannot be insured due to his injury history.

Pass on Amar'e. I'd rather offer max money to Eric Gordon - and that is not something I'd want to do.

Comment

Backhanded Compliment!

Came across this today in an article about the Knicks... was going to start a separate thread, but it doesn't really warrant it so i'll add it here...

At this point, just one win would be meaningful. Since the Knicks last won a postseason game, the Los Angeles Lakers have won 101 and the boring San Antonio Spurs have won 87. Heck, the Toronto Raptors have won 10!
            Every team but the Charlotte Bobcats, who joined the league in 2004, have won at least five playoff games since the Knicks, with all their hype and headlines, have won a single one.
            SOURCE

I'm really surprised that anyone would want to bring in Amar'e, he makes max money, which he doesn't deserve. It's just not a good value contract. He's like Chris Bosh that way, and to be honest, I'd rather have CB4 back then trade for Amar'e, as I think Bosh is more durable. That said, they are BOTH over paid and I'd rather not see either in a raps uni.

The fact that his team has done better with him on the bench than on the floor is also not a good indicator...

Stoudemire on/off floor MIN Pace OffRtg DefRtg NetRtg +/-
            On floor 1,616 95.6 98.2 101.8 -3.5 -69
            Off floor 1,668 95.3 104.1 96.2 +7.9 +237

to sum up,

PASS
            Last edited by ezz_bee; Wed May 2, 2012, 05:47 AM.
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

No thanks. Overpaid, overhyped. Another JermAaine Oneal just waiting to cripple this franchise. If someone picks him up, it will be someone desperate like the Bobcats or NO who will end up trading all their hard-acquired-youth-through-fail to continue messing up their program. I'd like to think BC has grown beyond that. Hopefully.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                He is the most untradeable contract in the league, I think.

He is on the decline.
                He is owed $65M over 3 years.
                But most importantly his contract cannot be insured due to his injury history.

Pass on Amar'e. I'd rather offer max money to Eric Gordon - and that is not something I'd want to do.
                Agreed ... nobody will touch that contract!
                The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

I didn't feel that he deserved max money when he was healthy, but certainly not now that he is breaking down.
                  Does anybody else feel like he took himself out of the series to deflect some of the inevitable scorn about getting blown out by Miami in 4 games? It just seems like a convenient way to avoid it.

Comment

This would be doing NY a huge favor, which is never a good plan. I would take 2 younger bigs and a wing for almost any post-surgery big...bounty said he's looking like McDyess....and that seems pretty apt, except McDyess has a good head on his shoulder so he adapted to a new role...Will Amar'e? Maybe, but how torn up will his hands get punching glass before he does?

Comment

Stay away from Amare at all costs!

Comment

Andrea is a better defender... Yeah, Andrea. I don't want anything to do with Amare. He's taken a step back without Nash. This years Amare is the real Amare and the real Amare isn't going to help the Raptors any more than Andrea so what's the point? The Raptors should not bailout the Knicks.

Comment

Good god no
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Too much drama and ego, too much salary, and not nearly enough game. Pass, a thousand times, pass!

If nothing else, Amar'e might become the poster child for the folly of unwise attempts to create the "super team" inspired by the Heat. I think GMs will soon realize that randomly putting together a couple or three max contracts is a bad idea. A team has to be developed with a common identity, stars who will work as a team, and complementary roles.

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                              Too much drama and ego, too much salary, and not nearly enough game. Pass, a thousand times, pass!

If nothing else, Amar'e might become the poster child for the folly of unwise attempts to create the "super team" inspired by the Heat. I think GMs will soon realize that randomly putting together a couple or three max contracts is a bad idea. A team has to be developed with a common identity, stars who will work as a team, and complementary roles.
                              Yup...I for one am really glad this "super team" is falling flat on its face.

Comment

Working...
                              X