Amare on the block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Agreed ... nobody will touch that contract!
    It's the NBA. No contract is untradeable.

Comment

Only way the Knicks will be able to trade Amare is if they package him up with someone like Chandler or Carmelo - which is not going to happen. There are some really bad GM's out there but I can't imagine anyone taking on Amare's contract and his uninsured legs. I love that the Knicks have already used their amnesty on Billups too.. they are screwed for the next 3 years.

Comment

The Knicks will have to pay big to have some team take Amare....and their cupboard is bare.

Nothing worse than seeing someone with swag who cant deliver anymore. He has to be spoon fed.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          He is the most untradeable contract in the league, I think.

He is on the decline.
          He is owed $65M over 3 years.
          But most importantly his contract cannot be insured due to his injury history.

Pass on Amar'e. I'd rather offer max money to Eric Gordon - and that is not something I'd want to do.
          I'd take back everything I have said about BC and turn into his biggest fan if that happens.

To stay on topic :
          Amare is not worth his contract. His defense has always been suspect. I'll take up his contract if NY packages Lin, Shumpert and a first rounder in the same deal. Not because I think Amare will be any good here but Lin, Shumpert and first rounder is too good to turn away.

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
            ... I'll take up his contract if NY packages Lin, Shumpert and a first rounder in the same deal. Not because I think Amare will be any good here but Lin, Shumpert and first rounder is too good to turn away.
            Read the post at the top of the page...$65 over 3 years. So you would have to send out close to $65 million in salary. Do you really see Lin, Shumpert and the first round pick from a play-off team being worth what you have to give up?

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
              Read the post at the top of the page...$65 over 3 years. So you would have to send out close to $65 million in salary. Do you really see Lin, Shumpert and the first round pick from a play-off team being worth what you have to give up?
              Technically you would not have to send out $65M.. just the amount he makes in one year. It's still a lot of money since he makes about $20M next season. Not that I would do this but you could trade Amare+Shumpert+Lin for Calderon+Kleiza+TPE (for Shumpert)

It blows up our payroll for future years (Calderon is an expiring contract, where as Amare has 3 years left). Shumpert/Lin is not worth destroying our cap space, IMO.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                Technically you would not have to send out $65M.. just the amount he makes in one year. It's still a lot of money since he makes about $20M next season. Not that I would do this but you could trade Amare+Shumpert+Lin for Calderon+Kleiza+TPE (for Shumpert)

It blows up our payroll for future years (Calderon is an expiring contract, where as Amare has 3 years left). Shumpert/Lin is not worth destroying our cap space, IMO.

:-) I wasn't thinking $65 million in one year. Or there would only be three guys on the team :-)

Just mis-wrote myself.

Comment

I know it blows our payroll.

I was suggesting a scenario if we went for Amare. I don't see it happening either as NY is giving away too much. Lets not forget Amare put up very big numbers up until last year. .

We get a solid guard in SHumpert who can defend at 3 positions, handle and shoot who is on a 4year rookie contract.

Lin would bring commercial success if not anything else and the knicks would hate losing him. He sells court seats, tv rights home& abroad and jerseys. if I was GM i would keep a guy like Lin at all costs.

The first rounder might fetch us another star or could be used in a trade.

Comment

i want nothing to do with the knicks or Amar'e

Comment

I would make my way down to the ACC and punch BC in the face if he traded for Amare this off season.

Comment

Only way I would have Amar'e on this team is if hes traded to a team like NO, amnestied and signed for $16 mil/2 years.
                        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                          Only way I would have Amar'e on this team is if hes traded to a team like NO, amnestied and signed for $16 mil/2 years.
                          Knicks used their amnesty and teams cannot amnesty a player they acquired by trade after July 1st, 2011.

Comment

koncept wrote: View Post
                            The Knicks should've stuck with their roster instead of trading for melo.
                            You're so right. The super-friends theory doesn't work necessarily. Clippers won't go far and I believe that the Heat will be bridesmaids and not the bride for years to come.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Washington is NY best trade partner

I feel washington is the best suitor for Amare. Rashard Lewis for Amare. Not sure if that works out on the trade machine, but that would be great for both sides.

FOr NY: they get rid of Amare, his contract, and create room for melo and chandler. The big lineup didn't work. we could see the effectiveness with melo and chandler upfront in the first 3 quarters of the game last night.

For Washington: They get rid of rashard lewis stupid contract and get a ligitimate nba player in return. IT would mark the transition from gun slinger/stupid players era (look up arenas, mcgee, young) to a real NBA team era. A starting lineup of Wall, Crawford, vessley, Amare, and Nene will become a scary lineup.

As for the raps, stay away. We kept bargs for this long, see if he can be that 25pt scorer and hope that val can be the "noah/chandler" casey envisions. Also, use the money to go after FA like Jeff Green or RFA like OJ Mayo/Brook Loepz/batum or even players that ought to move such as Andre Iggy or Danny Granger.

Comment

DaveKim wrote: View Post
                                I feel washington is the best suitor for Amare. Rashard Lewis for Amare. Not sure if that works out on the trade machine, but that would be great for both sides.

FOr NY: they get rid of Amare, his contract, and create room for melo and chandler. The big lineup didn't work. we could see the effectiveness with melo and chandler upfront in the first 3 quarters of the game last night.

For Washington: They get rid of rashard lewis stupid contract and get a ligitimate nba player in return. IT would mark the transition from gun slinger/stupid players era (look up arenas, mcgee, young) to a real NBA team era. A starting lineup of Wall, Crawford, vessley, Amare, and Nene will become a scary lineup.

As for the raps, stay away. We kept bargs for this long, see if he can be that 25pt scorer and hope that val can be the "noah/chandler" casey envisions. Also, use the money to go after FA like Jeff Green or RFA like OJ Mayo/Brook Loepz/batum or even players that ought to move such as Andre Iggy or Danny Granger.
                                Lewis has just one year left and it is 'only' guaranteed for $13M.

After the fiasco Washington just went through with Arenas' contract and now being burdened with Lewis' contract I'd be shocked if they put themselves in to a conceivably similar situation.

But then again, desperate individuals do desperate things. Are Washington desperate yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X