Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt Devlin on TNT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    The polar opposites in the booth are the Hubie Brown and Tommy Heinshon.

    Tommy is such a douchy homer. Even if I was a Celts fan I'd hate him. I can't believe he was a HOF player AND coach. Dude is an embarrassment to broadcasting.

    Hubie on the other hand is GOAT. Always on point, is a basketball savant from whom you can learn something from every single time you listen to him call a game and doesn't get caught up in either the hype-it-up mentality of many broadcasters nor the "I know more than you" attitude of many others.

    FWIW I wasn't a huge Chuck fan but at least he didn't sing or try to act cooler than he was. Matt is Mike Scott from the office, but neither funny nor empathetic.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

    Comment


    • #47
      Agree on the Hubie and Tommy points. Hubie is one of my fave color guys. TNT has most of the good ones IMO. JVG is still my fave. Steve Kerr is pretty good, and I think C-Webb is gonna be really good in a couple years. Could def do without Reggie Miller though.

      For local networks I think the YES is most spoiled (nets I think). Marv Albert and Czar is a nice combo.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

      Comment


      • #48
        Employee wrote: View Post
        Agree on the Hubie and Tommy points. Hubie is one of my fave color guys. TNT has most of the good ones IMO. JVG is still my fave. Steve Kerr is pretty good, and I think C-Webb is gonna be really good in a couple years. Could def do without Reggie Miller though.

        For local networks I think the YES is most spoiled (nets I think). Marv Albert and Czar is a nice combo.
        Old school 'NBA on NBC' crew with John Tesh doing the introduction and Marv biting ladies ass at the motel after the show.

        Comment


        • #49
          Don't forget about Bill Walton. "THAT'S NOT A FOUL!"
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

          Comment


          • #50
            Don't like JVG. He's gone a bit coockie in the booth.

            I know it wasn't a basketball comment.

            But, he seriously thought Jack Nicholson was 65.

            He's made some other bone headed comments,non and basketball related.

            But, that one took the cake for me. They are pretty much all bone heads, but,I hope they never ever stick Mike Wilbon in the booth.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

            Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

            Comment


            • #51
              It's Sherman Hamilton that I have a problem with. The difference with him and Kenny Smith is, Kenny Smith tries to be funny. However, their assesments offer little significance nor insight.


              -- Charles Barkley

              Comment


              • #52
                i like Sherm he knows what he's talking about, unlike kenny who just starts spitting random shit out of no where

                Comment


                • #53
                  yeah kenny's smiths insight is just so groundbreaking. "the lakers are the team to beat. it's going to take a lot to beat kobe and gasol."
                  in masai we trust

                  water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    kobe and gasol.
                    gasaal
                    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      koncept wrote: View Post
                      yeah kenny's smiths insight is just so groundbreaking. "the lakers are the team to beat. it's going to take a lot to beat kobe and gasol."
                      lol, agreed. Kenny has yet to provide any commentary with substance.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        The most intelligent commentators : Mike Breen and Marv Albert
                        The most exciting commentator: Miami Heat play-by-play, and Kvin Harlan.

                        Matt Devlin is a fair commentator, I like him. I really do, Jack Armstrong is good, and Leo needs to go. We need a new color guy, I wouldn't mind having Paul Jones sitting next to him..

                        On Raptors TV, SHERMAN HAMILTON NEEDS TO GO BTW. He elaborates way too much, and is so damn boring.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X