Jkidd to mentor J Bayless & Kendall Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jkidd to mentor J Bayless & Kendall Marshall

If Deron Williams goes to Dallas leaving Jkidd on the open market he will either go to a contender and try to win one more or maybe set himself up for a career in coaching.

I would consider throwing above market price for Jkidd just to get him around young Raptor PG's. He has never been a blur or a high scoring guy. He is a facilitator - KENDALL MARSHALL is cut from the exact same mold and as I have said many times I think he is a great get @ number 8.

IF all 3 are healthy Jkidd Jbayless, kendall Marshall it would be huge for the raptors at their weakest position.

Kidd is a consummate pro and the Raps will have two lottery picks on the team going in to camp along with a very young core. Chemistry must be considered and with all due respect to Calderon - who is Kendall Marshall more likely to listen to?

perennial all-star jkidd?
    never won a playoff round Calderon?
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Kidd already came out and stated that he wasn't gonna play for the LLE. He wants the MLE at the minimum. That's a lot of money for someone who's 40 and can't make shots to keep defenses honest. No thank you.

Comment

I might have brought this up elsewhere but JKidd and Camby are still my top candidates for veteran signing. He can still show the youngsters how it is done. Unlike nash he has won everything. He might be more open to coming here as a mentor with a future coaching role.

Can we not do a 1 year contract for 2-3 million?

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
        I might have brought this up elsewhere but JKidd and Camby are still my top candidates for veteran signing. He can still show the youngsters how it is done. Unlike nash he has won everything. He might be more open to coming here as a mentor with a future coaching role.

Is this thing on? Check Apollo's post in the FA thread. It's post # 607.

Hearing Jason Kidd isn't interested in playing for a vets minimum or small exception. If he doesn't get a mid-level type offer, he'll quit.
        LINK

So, no - a 2-3 million per contract for 1 year won't work.

Comment

Honestly I would offer 5 Mill for a year or two for Jkidd to come mentor/play

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post

+1 Jkidd might be 40 but he is very durable - likely due to the reason DRose is not. He plays on the ground under control (not hating on JROSE).
            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

No thanks to Kidd at this point in time. While he would bring a wealth of knowledge to the table, the guy is really slowing down. It is true that Jose has not won a playoff round, but it took Kidd till his 17th season in the NBA to win it all, is that on Jason Kidd, or the team around him?

Jose is a great competitor and has won at an extremely high level in his career, let him mentor the young guys is running a team, he does it as well as anyone. Could he use some help in some of the other nuances of the game (defence), sure, but that is where coaches, and special assistants come in.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Jose is a better player than Kidd at this point in their careers, and can mentor young players just as well as Kidd can I'm sure. Championship experience is hard to come by, but I'd rather he mentor our young players as an assistant coach than a player.

Comment

Unless the Raptors through stupid money at him Kidd would never consider them. Even if a ton of cash was offered up I still can't see him wanting to sign here. He's going to resign with Dallas or look at other teams with a chance to win it all.

Although Kidd won his first championship last year he lead a very small Nets team to the finals 2 years in a row if I remember correctly.

Comment

If a PG is drafted I think you could make a very convincing argument for a 1 year deal. What he could teach on both sides of the ball would be certainly invaluable, be it for Lillard or Marshall.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'd much rather just keep Calderon and let him mentor a drafted PG. Calderon's game is quite similar to Kidd's, in that they are the pass-first floor general type of PG that gets the entire team involved. Why throw money at Kidd when Calderon's already under contract, is an expiring contract and has good value around the league (should the Raps look to trade him at the deadline).

Comment

Colangelo already traded Kidd once. If I recall correctly it was after some domestic issues became public. BC does not like off court issues as he has shown in the past.

I really don't know but I think there are way too many issues here for Kidd to Toronto to ever be a plausible scenario.

Comment

I'd pass on JKidd.. I wouldn't want to pay $5M for a 'mentor' (which is a concept I personally don't believe in). There is a Stefanski relationship there, so he might be interested, but there are a lot of other veteran type of guys that I'd rather go after.

Comment

For those advocating Nash/Kidd coming to Toronto, I ask have you forgotten about Olaujowon? How did him coming to Toronto for one year really help the team? And that was to a competitive Toronto team.
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                              For those advocating Nash/Kidd coming to Toronto, I ask have you forgotten about Olaujowon? How did him coming to Toronto for one year really help the team? And that was to a competitive Toronto team.
                              Nash is still operating at an All-Star level. His production has barely fell off. His fitness and training is legendary.

Hakeem was no longer a dream for 2 years prior to coming to Toronto.

I agree on Kidd. He was slowed down this year with nagging injuries.

Comment

Working...
                              X