Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Would you rather" tournament pick'em: The Final 4 has begun! (post 204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since this is a PG matchup I'll go with N.

Comment

• N. Going just by the scouting reports and forgetting that I'm sure I know who these guys are, N has pick-and-roll ability which is an absolute must. No mention of it for M.

Comment

• I'll go with N.

Comment

• i don't know why but i hate this thread
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• n
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• N
              (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

• I'm picking N as well.

Comment

• gotta go with N

Comment

• Round 1 - Match 8

The winner of Round 1 Match 7 is:

N)Kendall Marshall - 16 votes................ M)Tony Wroten - 3 votes

Marshall dominates and picks up the second last bid into the elite 8!

Match 8

Would you rather have...

Player O

Does Well:
                    - Big body and physical post presence, great length (7’2″ wingspan), embraces contact in the paint and a strong finisher, gets to the FT line frequently
                    - Developing post moves and back to basket play, nice drop step, spin move and jump hook, soft hands and touch around the basket, good finisher
                    - Smooth shooting stroke, has 3-point range, capable of facing up and can knocking down the midrange jumper when he chooses
                    - Uses body to his advantage to rebound and box out, excels on the offensive boards, great at positioning himself deep in the paint, strong motor
                    - Aggressive defender, ‘banger’ who can body up and play physical in the paint, immovable in the post as a defender
                    - Outstanding basketball IQ, plays smart and has all the tools be a great fundamental big man, always plays within his game, fiery and competitive

Must Improve:
                    - Subpar athlete and mobility, lacks great athleticism relative to NBA competition
                    - Slightly undersized at 6’9” for an NBA post player, but arguably makes up for it in body, strength and length
                    - Forces shots in the paint over defenders and into double teams, tries to barrel through more often than he should with his skill set
                    - Refining inside-out game, polishing post moves and further developing great range on his jumper; needs to become more comfortable shooting from the perimeter and facing up

Player P

Does Well:
                    - Excellent size for a post player at 6’10”, incredible length (7’4” wingspan), good mobility in the paint
                    - Imposing defensive post presence, routinely alters shots around the basket, great shot blocker with nice anticipation, instincts and timing
                    - Superb rebounder thanks to length, strong motor, positioning and decent leaping ability, excellent on the offensive glass
                    - Budding post game, has some nice back to basket moves, patient around the rim, good handles for a big, touch around the basket, patient
                    - Great defensive discipline, doesn’t bite on many bite pump fakes and rarely gets into foul trouble, great job going straight up and putting a body on his man
                    - Developing shooting stroke, can face up and knock down shots from midrange if left open

Must Improve:
                    - Needs to add at least 10-15 lb.s to fill out his frame to ‘bang’ in the paint, gets pushed around due to lack of strength
                    - Struggles with his perimeter shooting touch, miserable shooter beyond 15 feet and from the free throw line
                    - Post game is a work in progress, needs to trust his face up jumper more and learn how to handle double teams in the post, forces shots in traffic around the basket
                    - Lacks explosiveness and great athleticism, only decent mobility for a big, length inhibits his quickness and change of direction to a degree

This is the last matchup in round 1... looking forward to round 2 and a different style of scouting report.
                    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                    ― John Wooden

Comment

• p please

Comment

• P, simple.
                        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• I'm going with P
                          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• O

Comment

• Absolutely P
                              Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

• O
                                (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

Working...
                                X