Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Would you rather" tournament pick'em: The Final 4 has begun! (post 204)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    J plus Ed.

    Comment


    • #92
      I is the safe pick and J is the gamble.
      I like to gamble, i swear i'm not addicted....

      For the guess who, I feel like Ed is the obvious answer, so I think it might be a trick :P
      Not really sure who else it could be though, so I say Ed.

      Comment


      • #93
        J and I think it's ed as well
        Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

        Comment


        • #94
          I was initially leaning towards J, until I read that he "must improve his basketball IQ and effort in-game"... those are two things that are more character than skill.

          My vote is for Player I.

          ---

          My first thought was Davis, until I read "nice form on his jump shot for a big man"... have you seen Davis' jump shot?? I think the player is James Johnson.

          Comment


          • #95
            Player J

            Can't tell if the write-up is JJ or ED.
            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

            Comment


            • #96
              CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              My first thought was Davis, until I read "nice form on his jump shot for a big man"... have you seen Davis' jump shot?? I think the player is James Johnson.
              Thats where I was confused as well. Initially I thought Amir, but then I remembered he did not go to college.
              I was not sure if JJ was scouted as a PF of Sf, and I have not heard of JJ being injury prone.

              Comment


              • #97
                I'm picking J.

                As for the current Raptor.. could be completely wrong but I was thinking Solomon Alabi. The "PF" remark is throwing me off, because I don't think it's Ed either.

                Comment


                • #98
                  J, by a country mile. Just say no to 'below the rim' seven-footers.

                  And yeah, Ed seems like the obvious choice, but almost too obvious. I'm going to go with Magloire. He's the only guy on the Raptors who has what I would call 'freakishly long wingspan'.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    I know who I and J are. And I'll go with I because I think that J is overly hyped. And the whole "low basketball IQ" on J really turns me off.

                    As for the Raptor, it's Ed Davis!

                    Comment


                    • I seems more NBA ready. But J seems like he could be something great. I go with J

                      Comment


                      • Put me down for neither as I know who both are.

                        But if I had to pick one I'd go with J.

                        Who is Ed Davis, Alex?

                        Comment


                        • J
                          in masai we trust

                          water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                          Comment


                          • Weekend "Who is it?"

                            The winner of Round 1 Match 5 is:

                            J)Andre Drummond - 12 votes.............I)Tyler Zeller - 2 votes

                            Drummond advances!

                            I thought it would be nice to take a break for the weekend and pick it up again Sunday night. There are 5 of the 8 matches completed. I am loving the responses and interesting reasoning for everybody's picks.

                            The last "Guess Who?" was... Ed Davis.

                            1) Here's another one to ponder... Who is it?

                            Does Well:
                            - Outstanding size and length at 6’11″, freakish 7’4″ wingspan that makes him play bigger than he is
                            - Solid athleticism and mobility for a post player, deceiving first step and quickness
                            - Strong finisher at the basket, goes up strong and can handle contact, gets to the foul stripe frequently
                            - Solid rebounder, nice job of getting in position and using length to secure boards, good hands
                            - Good shooting touch around the basket, soft hands, has the righty jump hook down
                            - Decent shot blocker, knows how to use length to disrupt shots in the lane, shot changer

                            Must Improve:
                            - Must add muscle to frame, very skinny at this point in his young development, 10 lb.s is ideal
                            - Developing a midrange jumper and perimeter game, shies away from shooting outside of 8 feet
                            - Relatively raw post game, needs to develop and improve moves, not force shots in the paint
                            - Needs to do a better job of getting post position and establishing himself closer to the basket, frequently gets pushed out due to lack of strength


                            2) Going into the weekend I would like to know who/what has been the biggest surprise so far in this tournament?
                            - Personally, reading through Ross' scouting report has really peaked my interest in him.

                            ― John Wooden

                            Comment


                            • The Coach wrote: View Post
                              The winner of Round 1 Match 5 is:

                              J)Andre Drummond - 12 votes.............I)Tyler Zeller - 2 votes

                              Drummond advances!

                              I thought it would be nice to take a break for the weekend and pick it up again Sunday night. There are 5 of the 8 matches completed. I am loving the responses and interesting reasoning for everybody's picks.

                              The last "Guess Who?" was... Ed Davis.

                              1) Here's another one to ponder... Who is it?

                              Does Well:
                              - Outstanding size and length at 6’11″, freakish 7’4″ wingspan that makes him play bigger than he is
                              - Solid athleticism and mobility for a post player, deceiving first step and quickness
                              - Strong finisher at the basket, goes up strong and can handle contact, gets to the foul stripe frequently
                              - Solid rebounder, nice job of getting in position and using length to secure boards, good hands
                              - Good shooting touch around the basket, soft hands, has the righty jump hook down
                              - Decent shot blocker, knows how to use length to disrupt shots in the lane, shot changer

                              Must Improve:
                              - Must add muscle to frame, very skinny at this point in his young development, 10 lb.s is ideal
                              - Developing a midrange jumper and perimeter game, shies away from shooting outside of 8 feet
                              - Relatively raw post game, needs to develop and improve moves, not force shots in the paint
                              - Needs to do a better job of getting post position and establishing himself closer to the basket, frequently gets pushed out due to lack of strength


                              2) Going into the weekend I would like to know who/what has been the biggest surprise so far in this tournament?
                              - Personally, reading through Ross' scouting report has really peaked my interest in him.

                              thought it was them. for the record i wouldnt want drummond, but between those two, drummond everytime.and this time its BigV i think. the most surprising thing for me was people passing up on a 7 foot wingspan at the 2guard. casey wet dream. could end up tayshuan prince.

                              Comment


                              • The Coach wrote: View Post
                                The winner of Round 1 Match 5 is:

                                J)Andre Drummond - 12 votes.............I)Tyler Zeller - 2 votes

                                Drummond advances!

                                I thought it would be nice to take a break for the weekend and pick it up again Sunday night. There are 5 of the 8 matches completed. I am loving the responses and interesting reasoning for everybody's picks.

                                The last "Guess Who?" was... Ed Davis.

                                1) Here's another one to ponder... Who is it?who/what has been the biggest surprise so far in this tournament?
                                - Personally, reading through Ross' scouting report has really peaked my interest in him.
                                I know this guy:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X