Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Would you rather" tournament pick'em: The Final 4 has begun! (post 204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J plus Ed.

Comment

I is the safe pick and J is the gamble.
      I like to gamble, i swear i'm not addicted....

For the guess who, I feel like Ed is the obvious answer, so I think it might be a trick :P
      Not really sure who else it could be though, so I say Ed.

Comment

J and I think it's ed as well
        Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

I was initially leaning towards J, until I read that he "must improve his basketball IQ and effort in-game"... those are two things that are more character than skill.

My vote is for Player I.

---

My first thought was Davis, until I read "nice form on his jump shot for a big man"... have you seen Davis' jump shot?? I think the player is James Johnson.

Comment

Player J

Can't tell if the write-up is JJ or ED.
            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              My first thought was Davis, until I read "nice form on his jump shot for a big man"... have you seen Davis' jump shot?? I think the player is James Johnson.
              Thats where I was confused as well. Initially I thought Amir, but then I remembered he did not go to college.
              I was not sure if JJ was scouted as a PF of Sf, and I have not heard of JJ being injury prone.

Comment

I'm picking J.

As for the current Raptor.. could be completely wrong but I was thinking Solomon Alabi. The "PF" remark is throwing me off, because I don't think it's Ed either.

Comment

J, by a country mile. Just say no to 'below the rim' seven-footers.

And yeah, Ed seems like the obvious choice, but almost too obvious. I'm going to go with Magloire. He's the only guy on the Raptors who has what I would call 'freakishly long wingspan'.

Comment

I know who I and J are. And I'll go with I because I think that J is overly hyped. And the whole "low basketball IQ" on J really turns me off.

As for the Raptor, it's Ed Davis!

Comment

• I seems more NBA ready. But J seems like he could be something great. I go with J

Comment

• Put me down for neither as I know who both are.

But if I had to pick one I'd go with J.

Who is Ed Davis, Alex?

Comment

• J
                          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Weekend "Who is it?"

The winner of Round 1 Match 5 is:

J)Andre Drummond - 12 votes.............I)Tyler Zeller - 2 votes

Drummond advances!

I thought it would be nice to take a break for the weekend and pick it up again Sunday night. There are 5 of the 8 matches completed. I am loving the responses and interesting reasoning for everybody's picks.

The last "Guess Who?" was... Ed Davis.

1) Here's another one to ponder... Who is it?

Does Well:
                            - Outstanding size and length at 6’11″, freakish 7’4″ wingspan that makes him play bigger than he is
                            - Solid athleticism and mobility for a post player, deceiving first step and quickness
                            - Strong finisher at the basket, goes up strong and can handle contact, gets to the foul stripe frequently
                            - Solid rebounder, nice job of getting in position and using length to secure boards, good hands
                            - Good shooting touch around the basket, soft hands, has the righty jump hook down
                            - Decent shot blocker, knows how to use length to disrupt shots in the lane, shot changer

Must Improve:
                            - Must add muscle to frame, very skinny at this point in his young development, 10 lb.s is ideal
                            - Developing a midrange jumper and perimeter game, shies away from shooting outside of 8 feet
                            - Relatively raw post game, needs to develop and improve moves, not force shots in the paint
                            - Needs to do a better job of getting post position and establishing himself closer to the basket, frequently gets pushed out due to lack of strength

2) Going into the weekend I would like to know who/what has been the biggest surprise so far in this tournament?
                            - Personally, reading through Ross' scouting report has really peaked my interest in him.

― John Wooden

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post

Drummond advances!

I thought it would be nice to take a break for the weekend and pick it up again Sunday night. There are 5 of the 8 matches completed. I am loving the responses and interesting reasoning for everybody's picks.

1) Here's another one to ponder... Who is it?

Does Well:
                              - Outstanding size and length at 6’11″, freakish 7’4″ wingspan that makes him play bigger than he is
                              - Solid athleticism and mobility for a post player, deceiving first step and quickness
                              - Strong finisher at the basket, goes up strong and can handle contact, gets to the foul stripe frequently
                              - Solid rebounder, nice job of getting in position and using length to secure boards, good hands
                              - Good shooting touch around the basket, soft hands, has the righty jump hook down
                              - Decent shot blocker, knows how to use length to disrupt shots in the lane, shot changer

Must Improve:
                              - Must add muscle to frame, very skinny at this point in his young development, 10 lb.s is ideal
                              - Developing a midrange jumper and perimeter game, shies away from shooting outside of 8 feet
                              - Relatively raw post game, needs to develop and improve moves, not force shots in the paint
                              - Needs to do a better job of getting post position and establishing himself closer to the basket, frequently gets pushed out due to lack of strength

2) Going into the weekend I would like to know who/what has been the biggest surprise so far in this tournament?
                              - Personally, reading through Ross' scouting report has really peaked my interest in him.

thought it was them. for the record i wouldnt want drummond, but between those two, drummond everytime.and this time its BigV i think. the most surprising thing for me was people passing up on a 7 foot wingspan at the 2guard. casey wet dream. could end up tayshuan prince.

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post

Drummond advances!

1) Here's another one to ponder... Who is it?who/what has been the biggest surprise so far in this tournament?
                                I know this guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X