Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Would you rather" tournament pick'em: The Final 4 has begun! (post 204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e2thed
    replied
    P, simple.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    p please

Leave a comment:

• The Coach
    replied
    Round 1 - Match 8

The winner of Round 1 Match 7 is:

N)Kendall Marshall - 16 votes................ M)Tony Wroten - 3 votes

Marshall dominates and picks up the second last bid into the elite 8!

Match 8

Would you rather have...

Player O

Does Well:
    - Big body and physical post presence, great length (7’2″ wingspan), embraces contact in the paint and a strong finisher, gets to the FT line frequently
    - Developing post moves and back to basket play, nice drop step, spin move and jump hook, soft hands and touch around the basket, good finisher
    - Smooth shooting stroke, has 3-point range, capable of facing up and can knocking down the midrange jumper when he chooses
    - Uses body to his advantage to rebound and box out, excels on the offensive boards, great at positioning himself deep in the paint, strong motor
    - Aggressive defender, ‘banger’ who can body up and play physical in the paint, immovable in the post as a defender
    - Outstanding basketball IQ, plays smart and has all the tools be a great fundamental big man, always plays within his game, fiery and competitive

Must Improve:
    - Subpar athlete and mobility, lacks great athleticism relative to NBA competition
    - Slightly undersized at 6’9” for an NBA post player, but arguably makes up for it in body, strength and length
    - Forces shots in the paint over defenders and into double teams, tries to barrel through more often than he should with his skill set
    - Refining inside-out game, polishing post moves and further developing great range on his jumper; needs to become more comfortable shooting from the perimeter and facing up

Player P

Does Well:
    - Excellent size for a post player at 6’10”, incredible length (7’4” wingspan), good mobility in the paint
    - Imposing defensive post presence, routinely alters shots around the basket, great shot blocker with nice anticipation, instincts and timing
    - Superb rebounder thanks to length, strong motor, positioning and decent leaping ability, excellent on the offensive glass
    - Budding post game, has some nice back to basket moves, patient around the rim, good handles for a big, touch around the basket, patient
    - Great defensive discipline, doesn’t bite on many bite pump fakes and rarely gets into foul trouble, great job going straight up and putting a body on his man
    - Developing shooting stroke, can face up and knock down shots from midrange if left open

Must Improve:
    - Needs to add at least 10-15 lb.s to fill out his frame to ‘bang’ in the paint, gets pushed around due to lack of strength
    - Struggles with his perimeter shooting touch, miserable shooter beyond 15 feet and from the free throw line
    - Post game is a work in progress, needs to trust his face up jumper more and learn how to handle double teams in the post, forces shots in traffic around the basket
    - Lacks explosiveness and great athleticism, only decent mobility for a big, length inhibits his quickness and change of direction to a degree

This is the last matchup in round 1... looking forward to round 2 and a different style of scouting report.

Leave a comment:

• tucas
    replied
    gotta go with N

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I'm picking N as well.

Leave a comment:

• japetas
    replied
    N

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    n

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    i don't know why but i hate this thread

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    I'll go with N.

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    N. Going just by the scouting reports and forgetting that I'm sure I know who these guys are, N has pick-and-roll ability which is an absolute must. No mention of it for M.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Since this is a PG matchup I'll go with N.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    n

Leave a comment:

• Vykis
    replied
    If the raps are trying to mimmick the mavs' championship squad then Player N could play the role of Jason Kidd (floor general, distributor) and a pass first pg does wonders for a young team, just look how the t-wolves improved when pretty ricky came to the town. So player N is my selection.

Leave a comment:

• Jon_Wade
    replied
    Well, sounds like if M is a shooting guard then he could become a Tyreke type player yet to find a pass first point guard(N) in the nba is not near as common these days as the past and if he makes the players around him I would most likely chose N. I'm going with N.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    I vote for N in this battle.

As for the last one, I thought it was Royce White not Terrence Jones....my mistake.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X