Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Would you rather" tournament pick'em: The Final 4 has begun! (post 204)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I can't really make up my mind but I'd say K
    in masai we trust

    water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

    Comment


    • Round 1 - Match 7

      The winner of Round 1 Match 6 is:

      L)Terrence Jones - 8 votes.............K)Perry Jones - 3 votes

      Terrence Jones moves on!!

      Match 7

      Would you rather have...

      Player M

      Does Well:
      - Great size for an NBA guard at 6’5”, 205 lb.s; filled in frame to handle contact, has an inch or two on most NBA PG’s
      - Jitterbug quickness, burst off first step and acceleration, great body control, outstanding end-to-end speed, pushes tempo in transition
      - Top notch creator on offense, crafty, aggressive attack mode, improvisation, penetrate and create, quick hands, playmaker
      - Quick strike ball handler, can break down the D and isolate, ankle breaking crossover and hesitation move, change of pace, shifty
      - Uncanny court vision and passing ability, will find open players with peripherals, unselfish, “pass first” player, willing risk taker

      Must Improve:
      - Turnover prone, improve decision making, high number of passes end up wayward with teammates not expecting the ball
      - Limited effectiveness with jumper, rarity to see him hit multiple jumper times per game, iffy shooting touch on the perimeter, dicey shot selection
      - Needs to extend range out to the NBA 3-point line, confined to midrange as a shooter, shoots off balance from deep
      - Developing point guard skills and decision making as a primary ball handler, limit mistakes, play out of control on occasion
      - Not a great perimeter defender, overaggressive in passing lanes, will leave D short handed with him out of position on gambles

      Player N

      Does Well:
      - Great NBA PG build at 6’4”; compact and strong at 190 lb.s, mature body, handles contact well
      - High basketball IQ; calm, composed and calculated, smart decision maker, ‘pass first’ PG, plays a step ahead of the defense
      - Incredible court vision, precision passer, unselfish, looks to set up teammates regularly, solid pick and roll PG, quick hands
      - Legit perimeter shooting threat, smooth lefty stroke, has NBA 3-point range, excels off the spot up
      - Penetrator, great quickness on the floor, pushes the tempo on offense, ability to create for others, changes gears effectively, quick burst

      Must Improve:
      - Not an elite athlete, lacks explosiveness and great speed, quick but not fast end to end, very average athleticism
      - Can get caught forcing the occasional pass and try to make too much happen
      - Only decent lateral quickness, slow to recover defensively, gets beat by quicker defenders, will have to rely on smarts and positioning to get by
      - Struggles in isolation, doesn’t have great change of direction or have ankle-breaking ball handling ability, can only drive straight-line, can be too unselfish



      Voting numbers were down for Match 6... let's get them back up for these last 2 first round matches!!
      Last edited by The Coach; Tue May 15th, 2012, 12:49 AM.
      “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
      ― John Wooden

      Comment


      • N is more NBA ready PG, M may be more athletic but, N has pure PG skills that come once in a while, so I pick...

        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

        Comment


        • Pure point guards are a dying breed, and N has the potential to lead the league in Pure Point Rating for years to come. N, please.

          Comment


          • N, have him refined from Jose/Nash
            TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

            Comment


            • happy that terrance won the battle of the joneses which is how i hope it plays out for us on draft night if it comes down to it. terrance is going to be good.

              N please this one wont be as close i dont think.

              Comment


              • Im going with M here.

                The turnovers will fade with experience, and shooting is one of the easiest skills to learn.
                He seems to have better ball handling skills, and you cant teach speed and athleticism.
                Both seem like they are not great on Defence, but then again PG's rarely seem to be great defenders imo.

                I feel like I may be a minority on this one.

                Comment


                • I feel the same, I'm going with M. I'd like a change of pace for the next pg we draft. Seems like more of a gamble but I want someone with the athleticism to defend and work the iso. Has the skills to be what we'd need from a backup and maybe start years later
                  in masai we trust

                  water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                  Comment


                  • Still a close call tho
                    in masai we trust

                    water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                    Comment


                    • M. I feel that the other player is a liability on defense with average, borderline slow, feet. I want a change of pace from Jose so I would go for the athletic, attack first PG, who has a chance to be really good, if he tones down the to's.

                      Shooting wise, both need to improve.
                      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

                      -- Charles Barkley

                      Comment


                      • N

                        Comment


                        • I vote for N in this battle.

                          As for the last one, I thought it was Royce White not Terrence Jones....my mistake.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                          Comment


                          • Well, sounds like if M is a shooting guard then he could become a Tyreke type player yet to find a pass first point guard(N) in the nba is not near as common these days as the past and if he makes the players around him I would most likely chose N. I'm going with N.
                            Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

                            Comment


                            • If the raps are trying to mimmick the mavs' championship squad then Player N could play the role of Jason Kidd (floor general, distributor) and a pass first pg does wonders for a young team, just look how the t-wolves improved when pretty ricky came to the town. So player N is my selection.

                              Comment


                              • n
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X