Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Would you rather" tournament pick'em: The Final 4 has begun! (post 204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    thought it was them. for the record i wouldnt want drummond, but between those two, drummond everytime.and this time its BigV i think. the most surprising thing for me was people passing up on a 7 foot wingspan at the 2guard. casey wet dream. could end up tayshuan prince.
    It was a tough matchup for sure... I am liking Lamb more and more; however, Ross had a great write-up and looks like a fairly complete player.
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

Comment

• Terrence Ross has a dirty cross-over & seems to play with more energy.

Lamb seems fragile but very skilled off the ball (like Rip) + the wingspan.

Toss-up for me but I might pick Terrence Ross at the end of the day.
      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Round 1 - Match 6

As was guessed, the last "guess who" was JV. Heading into week 2, I hope this tourny hasn't lost too much steam with the weekend off.

Would you rather have...

Player K

Does Well:
        - Incredible size at 6’11”, length (7’2” wingspan), great build for an NBA forward, solid frame to build muscle
        - Outstanding athleticism, explosive vertical leap, great end-to-end speed and quickness, body control and agility for his size, moves like a big guard
        - Smooth ball handler, displays excellent dribble moves, ability to breakdown his man, can bring the ball up and run the break, great in transition
        - Matchup nightmare who does it with his size and length on the perimeter; athleticism, skill and mobility in the post, versatility
        - Unbelievable upside, has as much potential as any player in the upcoming Draft, shows flashes of it with ability to take over games during stretches
        - Solid rebounder because of his great length, athleticism and ability to get in position, boxes out around the basket
        - Good midrange game and perimeter stroke, legit face up game and shooting touch from 15 feet and in, can shoot over anyone, great off ball

Must Improve:
        - Raw, fairly reliant on athleticism and physical advantage to get by, doesn’t demonstrate a great deal of skill or post play for someone of his natural talent yet
        - Developing basketball IQ, inconsistent, disappears from long stretches of games, lacks aggression with the ball, settles for jumpers, doesn’t grasp how to play nor dominate like he could, whats his position in the NBA?
        - Not very tough or physical in the paint, not a ‘banger,’ plays more like a guard rather than fully exploiting his size, length or athleticism, average motor, lacks defensive shot blocking instincts
        - Limited shooting range, needs to add depth to jumper and consistency from 3-point if he prefers to play on the perimeter
        - Add 5 lb.s or so to anchor body in paint and handle contact, build up some added strength

Player L

Does well:
        - Great size and length (7’3″ wingspan) for position at 6’8″, 245 lb.s; Outstanding athleticism and agility; strong and muscular, built, ‘powerful’
        - Smooth ball handler, great crossover and shifty dribble moves, developing back to basket game, can lead a break with uncanny handles for a forward
        - Versatile, can play point forward; Exceptional passer with nice court vision who sets up teammates, can create offense for himself and others
        - Superb rebounder at forward due to combination of length, athleticism and strength
        - Finishes at the rim after contact, can ‘bang’ in the paint with bigger post players, loves to dunk with ferocity
        - Defensive playmaker for team, showed defensive savvy and quick hands, solid lateral mover and tough defender with his length

Must Improve:
        - Must improve shooting consistency from from the perimeter, 3-pt. accuracy; shot selection is questionable, forces lots of shots in the paint and in traffic
        - ‘Tweener’ forward, will have to adjust to playing predominantly on the perimeter at SF but seems more comfortable in the post at PF despite lack of post moves, limited use of his right hand while dribbling and goes left at all costs
        - Slow, hitchy shooting stroke that needs to be smoothed out; shoots the ball and releases across the right side of his head as a lefty, showed gradual improvement his freshman year mechanically
        - Very inconsistent performer, can get discouraged fast if shots aren’t dropping, body language on court can look disinterested and lackadaisical, possible immaturity issues
        - Still relies on athleticism and size too much, still raw, questionable basketball IQ that could inhibit development and potential in the NBA until or if he figures ‘it’ out

This is a matchup I wanted to stay away from, to see if both would get into next round, but they match up so well, I just had to do it. Good luck!
        “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
        ― John Wooden

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
          As was guessed, the last "guess who" was JV. Heading into week 2, I hope this tourny hasn't lost too much steam with the weekend off.

Would you rather have...

Player K

Does Well:
          - Incredible size at 6’11”, length (7’2” wingspan), great build for an NBA forward, solid frame to build muscle
          - Outstanding athleticism, explosive vertical leap, great end-to-end speed and quickness, body control and agility for his size, moves like a big guard
          - Smooth ball handler, displays excellent dribble moves, ability to breakdown his man, can bring the ball up and run the break, great in transition
          - Matchup nightmare who does it with his size and length on the perimeter; athleticism, skill and mobility in the post, versatility
          - Unbelievable upside, has as much potential as any player in the upcoming Draft, shows flashes of it with ability to take over games during stretches
          - Solid rebounder because of his great length, athleticism and ability to get in position, boxes out around the basket
          - Good midrange game and perimeter stroke, legit face up game and shooting touch from 15 feet and in, can shoot over anyone, great off ball

Must Improve:
          - Raw, fairly reliant on athleticism and physical advantage to get by, doesn’t demonstrate a great deal of skill or post play for someone of his natural talent yet
          - Developing basketball IQ, inconsistent, disappears from long stretches of games, lacks aggression with the ball, settles for jumpers, doesn’t grasp how to play nor dominate like he could, whats his position in the NBA?
          - Not very tough or physical in the paint, not a ‘banger,’ plays more like a guard rather than fully exploiting his size, length or athleticism, average motor, lacks defensive shot blocking instincts
          - Limited shooting range, needs to add depth to jumper and consistency from 3-point if he prefers to play on the perimeter
          - Add 5 lb.s or so to anchor body in paint and handle contact, build up some added strength

Player L

Does well:
          - Great size and length (7’3″ wingspan) for position at 6’8″, 245 lb.s; Outstanding athleticism and agility; strong and muscular, built, ‘powerful’
          - Smooth ball handler, great crossover and shifty dribble moves, developing back to basket game, can lead a break with uncanny handles for a forward
          - Versatile, can play point forward; Exceptional passer with nice court vision who sets up teammates, can create offense for himself and others
          - Superb rebounder at forward due to combination of length, athleticism and strength
          - Finishes at the rim after contact, can ‘bang’ in the paint with bigger post players, loves to dunk with ferocity
          - Defensive playmaker for team, showed defensive savvy and quick hands, solid lateral mover and tough defender with his length

Must Improve:
          - Must improve shooting consistency from from the perimeter, 3-pt. accuracy; shot selection is questionable, forces lots of shots in the paint and in traffic
          - ‘Tweener’ forward, will have to adjust to playing predominantly on the perimeter at SF but seems more comfortable in the post at PF despite lack of post moves, limited use of his right hand while dribbling and goes left at all costs
          - Slow, hitchy shooting stroke that needs to be smoothed out; shoots the ball and releases across the right side of his head as a lefty, showed gradual improvement his freshman year mechanically
          - Very inconsistent performer, can get discouraged fast if shots aren’t dropping, body language on court can look disinterested and lackadaisical, possible immaturity issues
          - Still relies on athleticism and size too much, still raw, questionable basketball IQ that could inhibit development and potential in the NBA until or if he figures ‘it’ out

This is a matchup I wanted to stay away from, to see if both would get into next round, but they match up so well, I just had to do it. Good luck!

those must improves for player K are pretty damning.

LLL please

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            those must improves for player K are pretty damning.

LLL please
            Agree, I choose player L too
            (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

• This is the toughest one for me so far. K seemed so amazing, like the greatest pick of the draft, until we got to the must improve section, where it seems like there was a lot of baggage. L just seems more average to me. If K can figure it out, he seems like he could be a superstar, whereas L seems like fringe all-star is his roof. I choose...

K. Final answer.

Comment

• This is a tough one to pick.

L.

Comment

• Knowing who these guys are makes it a tough one for me. I am going to base this off of L trimming up a bit and playing the SF position full time. L
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• K for me because of unbelievable upside.

I tend to shy away from tweeners.
                    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• L
                      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• L, to me by reading the description sounds almost like a josh smith player while player k to me simply has too many things to work on
                        Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

• I'm going for L! And wild guess here, I think the two players share the same surname!

Comment

• I think I have an idea who both these guys are. Going by my personal bias I would say K, but based on the scouting reports alone, I'll stick with L.

Comment

• [QUOTE=JoePanini;130373]I'm going for L! And wild guess here, I think the two players share the same surname![/QUOTE

I don't think so....
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                                I don't think so....
                                We'll see!

Comment

Working...
                                X