X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBF
    replied
    Forgive. Never forget.

Grudges are stupid anyways. How many guys on every team have wanted out since then?

GTFOI !!!

Leave a comment:

• Thornbury
    replied
    There was a deal available if memory serves, for Ray Allen at the time and I specifically remember Allen being asked about it and his reply was along the lines of "I would be happy to play in Toronto if I'm traded for Vince." Babcock should have been shot for that deal. That being said, Vince did behave fucking horribly and the "top ten reasons to hate VC" reminded me of just how bad it was. BUT, I will applaud him at his last appearance here and if he played for us which won't happen, I'd think it would be stupid not to applaud him. He was my favorite player like any of you, and in the end karma bit him in the ass. We're even

Found a link that discusses that possibility of the VC for Allen trade at the time not that it matters much now but proves Babcock could've likely done a bit better then what we got.

http://www.insidehoops.com/carter-allen-091804.shtml
    Last edited by Thornbury; Sat May 12, 2012, 10:46 AM. Reason: Found link

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    And why don't more people blame Babcock for the horrible return we got for Vince?
    Vince didn't trade himself. He didn't set up the deal. He didn't pick who we got for him.

He was still Vince Carter, and any sufficiently capable GM should have been able to net a much better return.
    He quit playing.

He made it well known he wanted out.

Every time he touched the floor or anyone can in his personal space the reaction was one you'd expect from a shotgun blast.

The return in the circumstances was never going to be close to fair value but I do agree Babcock did a horrible, horrible job on that trade. However that is trumped by the fact Carter intentionally destroyed his return to Toronto.

Leave a comment:

• Buschfire
    replied
    I used to boo him, but now I don't really care what he did. In all honesty he was the 1 thing that put T dot & Canada on the map for basketball fans. If he didn't do what he did who knows, we could've lost our team like Van City. He was my favorite player growing up, i think i might have even shed a tear when i saw what he did in the slam dunk competition.... That was and still is one of the best moments in NBA history. Yeah there's a lot we can bitch about, but guys you can't deny when it was good... and the Raptors were rolling.... nothing was better, I thank him for that to this day. I wish he put more effort into his career though, he could of been one of the elite...but he never quite got there...I don't really care about you guys but i forgave him a long time ago, he's only human...

Leave a comment:

• .40 Cal Flakes
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    If you asked me this question earlier in the year I probably would have said Yes.. but after thinking about it some more, I'm going to have to say No.

... and here are 10 reasons why:

This.

Fuck Wince.

That is all.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    And why don't more people blame Babcock for the horrible return we got for Vince?
    Vince didn't trade himself. He didn't set up the deal. He didn't pick who we got for him.

He was still Vince Carter, and any sufficiently capable GM should have been able to net a much better return.
    i wouldnt let bobcock back either

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
    I absolutely love Vince. He was my childhood hero, the first player who's name I ever knew, the first three jerseys I ever owned were his, and even after he was traded, he was my favourite player. He's the reason I ever got into basketball, and I'm sure a lot of Canadians will agree. I'm sure if you ask Tristan Thompson, Cory Joseph, and Myck Kabongo who their favourite player was growing up, they'd say Vince. Hell, Kevin Durant was a Raptors fan while growing up in D.C. because of Vince. When I found out Vince was traded I practically balled my eyes out. I don't think I was old enough to understand the implications at the time, so I may be biased, but I think he is the greatest Raptor ever, and I will never boo him.
    I'm with you Max.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    He showed a lack of professionalism, honor and integrity and for that he deserves to be heckled for as long as people feel its warranted.
    But I guess thats my question; how long is truly warranted? While keeping in mind everything he did do for this franchise.

Leave a comment:

• visko23
    replied
    I feel I am starting to forgive him. I feel his career was cursed after the Raps and never achieved a championship or success after he left. KNowing that, I think we should come to terms with each other. I was one of his biggest haters, but if he is man enough to give Toronto props, he started this whole thing, so maybe I can man up and forgive.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    Alright, well truth in facts and the numbers support the reality of what transpired.
    Sure.

Leave a comment:

• Sig
    replied
    He gets what he deserves and what he deserves was determined by his actions. This many people can't be wrong and as far as I know he never apologized to the city for publicly demanding a trade and killing any leverage the club could have used to move him for as close to worth a possible. He achieved this by tanking games and faking an injury. There were even reports after one game that he told the opposing team what they were about to run in the closing minute of a close game. His actions destroyed the team for years to come. He showed a lack of professionalism, honor and integrity and for that he deserves to be heckled for as long as people feel its warranted.
    Yep.

Leave a comment:

• Sig
    replied

Hopefully you're not Dutch.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    He gets what he deserves and what he deserves was determined by his actions. This many people can't be wrong and as far as I know he never apologized to the city for publicly demanding a trade and killing any leverage the club could have used to move him for as close to worth a possible. He achieved this by tanking games and faking an injury. There were even reports after one game that he told the opposing team what they were about to run in the closing minute of a close game. His actions destroyed the team for years to come. He showed a lack of professionalism, honor and integrity and for that he deserves to be heckled for as long as people feel its warranted.
    +1
    my sentiment exactly

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    If you asked me this question earlier in the year I probably would have said Yes.. but after thinking about it some more, I'm going to have to say No.

... and here are 10 reasons why:

Motherf*cker.... he can keep the kidney. I'd rather die. (just joking and I know organ transplants is probably not great joke material).

Regarding Vince Carter, as Johnny Cash said at the end of A Boy Named Sue: "I still hate that name!"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X