X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i feel that isn't the case. any coach who has a player he thinks can dominate at a certain position is going to play him there. is baylors coach an imbecile? having pj3 play to his potential is self serving to anyone who coaches him, this argument is silly unless you would cut your own nose off to spite your face.
    I disagree.

At the NCAA level, Jones has size that is rarely seen.

It is like the 6'4" kid who plays PF/C his time in grade school because he has size yet he can shoot and dribble like mad. Coach wants him inside because that is the advantage.

Baylor's coach was playing to win. He wasn't playing to increase Jones daft stock. With Quincy Miller on board and an undersized Acy, I can see why he put Jones at PF.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    I feel like I'm missing something is there video to this battle of a PJ3 vs the chair?
    I don't want to get into the Ilyasova vs Jones debate, but calling PJ3 soft, or alluding to that is ridiculous.
    Kid was homeless during high school, got ridiculed for picking Baylor when he was 15 and sticking with his decision, instead of going to a bigger school. If his mother wasn't sick he probably would have stayed another year at Baylor...

Because he's played the wrong position in college (if he went to a bigger school he would have played the 3) he's rated poorly. That said, Ilyasova knows exactly what he is and probably just needs floor time. It's a gamble either way, but I'd lean towards PJ3.
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    That is the money shot right there. If that is indeed fact and he really is a SF, there could be a very lucky team in the middle of the lottery.
    i feel that isn't the case. any coach who has a player he thinks can dominate at a certain position is going to play him there. is baylors coach an imbecile? having pj3 play to his potential is self serving to anyone who coaches him, this argument is silly unless you would cut your own nose off to spite your face.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    I feel like I'm missing something is there video to this battle of a PJ3 vs the chair?
    I don't want to get into the Ilyasova vs Jones debate, but calling PJ3 soft, or alluding to that is ridiculous.
    Kid was homeless during high school, got ridiculed for picking Baylor when he was 15 and sticking with his decision, instead of going to a bigger school. If his mother wasn't sick he probably would have stayed another year at Baylor...

Because he's played the wrong position in college (if he went to a bigger school he would have played the 3) he's rated poorly. That said, Ilyasova knows exactly what he is and probably just needs floor time. It's a gamble either way, but I'd lean towards PJ3.
    That is the money shot right there. If that is indeed fact and he really is a SF, there could be a very lucky team in the middle of the lottery.

Leave a comment:

• blackjitsu
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    The chair won

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    what has Ilyasova done? if he is as good as you guys say he is why didn't Milwaukee make the playoffs? y'all are critisizing me for hyping up PJ3 when you guys are doing the same with Iyasova.
    The question you should be asking is "what has Jones III done?". Those who criticize Ilyasova's game and what he brings to a team really makes me question how much basketball they watch. I know Ilyasova has had a bit of success so far in the NBA and Jones III, well, he's worked out against a chair.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Laugh of the weekend. Good job.
    what has Ilyasova done? if he is as good as you guys say he is why didn't Milwaukee make the playoffs? y'all are critisizing me for hyping up PJ3 when you guys are doing the same with Iyasova.

Leave a comment:

• jimmie
    replied
    @DraftExpress: Question for you guys. Which chair did a better job on defense? Perry Jones or Yi Jianlian's? #dxchat

It's always great to watch the pre-draft hype on these guys. Workouts mean almost nothing, but inevitably ramp up the perceived 'potential' these guys supposedly have. I'd rather go by what I've seen when there's something on the line in a real basketball game, and in that area, Jones hasn't lived up to the hype.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Jones will be better. Especially if he gets drafted by us, casey will mold him into a defensive terror at the 3
    Laugh of the weekend. Good job.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    He plays the 3 and 4 - like Nocioni did. He's the anti-Jones III. He plays hard, gives effort - all the time, he's tough as nails, plays decent D and is a good rebounder. He's a lunch pail kind of guy. The type of guy most Raptors fans love and adore.
    Jones will be better. Especially if he gets drafted by us, casey will mold him into a defensive terror at the 3

Leave a comment:

• Demar_8756
    replied
    DeMar and Jennings Straight outta compton NWA in the NBA. This will be nice

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    the type of player you need to win championships

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    what position will he play though? i doubt he can play the 3. PJ3 would have a better 3 than him
    He plays the 3 and 4 - like Nocioni did. He's the anti-Jones III. He plays hard, gives effort - all the time, he's tough as nails, plays decent D and is a good rebounder. He's a lunch pail kind of guy. The type of guy most Raptors fans love and adore.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    I don't see that (re: Ilyasova v. Turkoglu). Their games are not similar. Turkoglu plays more of a point-forward type. He needs the ball in his hands in order to be successful. I mean he said it himself when he did his famous "Ball!" post game-interview with Jack Armstrong a few years ago. Ilyasova is more like a guy that a lot of Raptors fans have been clamouring for for years - Andres Nocioni - he plays hard, he's tough, rebounds well, doesn't need to take a lot of shots or doesn't need the ball in his hands, decent inside-out game and does the little things to help his team be successful. I don't know how Raptors' fans don't want this guy on their team. Provided he doesn't want a boatload of cash, I'd love to have him. And he's only 25.
    what position will he play though? i doubt he can play the 3. PJ3 would have a better 3 than him

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    i really don't want jennings. i think that he will clash with casey big time. watching the bucks if jennings doesn't take a shot twice or three times in a row the next shot is a 3 as soon as he is as close to the line as he can get. if he hits it, the next 2 shots are threes. happens every game.

he has shown he does what he wants and he isn't going to stop that. i think that we are much better off with bayless.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X