Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Does the knee injury concern anyone?
    From what I understand, meniscus tears aren't as serious as an ACL/PCL tear (cartilage vs. ligaments respectively).

Comment

LIN becuase this guy got the IQ of Albert Einstien

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Does the knee injury concern anyone?
        Does Bayless' re-occuring ankle injury(ies) concern anyone?

Comment

Demar_8756 wrote: View Post
          LIN becuase this guy got the IQ of Albert Einstien
          Doubt that. But even if, don't think that was the only reason Einstein was such a great basketball player.

Comment

I voted Bayless for the following reasons:

- Lin is a better PG than Bayless, however I assume we'd still have Calderon, and IMO, Calderon is better than Lin.
            - Lin would be making something around $30M for 4 years to lure him away from NY. That's too high a price for a backup, or a starter that hasn't had enough time in league to prove himself.
            - If Calderon was traded (or amnestied), then I don't have faith that Lin could be the PG of the future.
            - Bayless has a QO of only $4M and is happy to be a backup, plus he enjoys playing in Toronto and can play some SG which makes him more flexible (as a backup)
            - I am also worried about the D'Antoni affect. Can Lin play in a half court system like Casey's where defense comes first?

Ultimately I'd choose neither but that wasn't an option.

Comment

All things being equal, I'd rather have Lin. But all things aren't equal and the Raptors aren't really in a position to roll the dice on Lin. He's a big gamble given the small sample size and the kind of money he will likely command.

The reality is that I'd rather have Calderon over either guy and he's still under contract. Given all this team's other pressing issues (i.e. an entirely new starting 5) I'd rather not spend bags of money on a slightly above-average player who hasn't even played a full season.

One other thing: Lin is going to require patience as he learns the NBA at the PG spot. If Colangelo wants to make the playoffs next year, having a PG learning on the job probably isn't in his plans....

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                Does Bayless' re-occuring ankle injury(ies) concern anyone?
                For me, absolutely.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  How is Lin a worse PG than Bayless? (You don't need to mention turnovers, which have already been exaggerated by many).
                  Why don't you go back and look at their stats in 25 starts. They are basically the same with Lin turning the ball over like a hot potato. Lin is not a better point guard

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    How's that eastern conference semi finals series that Bayless is leading us to working out ? Are we winning?

If the salaries worked out to are somewhat similar - I understand that Lin will be overpaid by a million or two, then why wouldn't you take Lin over Bayless? They have the same skillset, bring the same thing to the table, but Lin is going to bring people out to the game. Ask any general manager, and they'd tell you that if they can get a guy that can perform on the court, and bring up season seat sales , they would be foolish not to kick the tires.
                    You're fooling yourself if you believe that general managers and owners don't think about the monetary aspect and exposure in addition to on the court performance. It plays a massive role.

Besides, what does Bayless bring to this team that Lin wouldn't? You haven't even addressed that.

However, with all that being said, I wouldn't give him Calderon type money. I can live with 5-6 million per season on average.
                    The salaries won't work out we'd over pay for Lin way too much, as matt stated before. Also Bayless brings more athleticism, killer instinct, and willingness to win than Lin. I'm pretty sure he'll demand calderon money, would you pay that? i doubt it

Comment

The same is true about Bargnani and the centre position, but that doesn't mean he's a centre
                      No, Bargnani is not a center because Casey says he's a PF. Bayless is a PG because Casey says he's a PG. What your talking about is how you personally value him as a PG. Let's not confuse this.

Comment

The same is true about Bargnani and the centre position, but that doesn't mean he's a centre
                        He didn't play Center this year tho...

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          No, Bargnani is not a center because Casey says he's a PF. Bayless is a PG because Casey says he's a PG. what your talking about is how you personally value him as a PG. let's not confuse this.
                          +1 that is true. Nilanka Just cause you think he's not a PG doesn't mean your right. I guess you also think Westbrook, Rose, Billups, and D will aren't PG's either.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            Why don't you go back and look at their stats in 25 starts. They are basically the same with Lin turning the ball over like a hot potato. Lin is not a better point guard
                            There isn't a stat that accurately shows how good a PG a player is. From what I saw, there was a noticeable difference between Lin's assists, and Baylesss assists. One "creates" scoring opportunities for his teammates, while the other simply passes the ball to his teammates. Both results in assists. But that doesn't mean they're equally capable point guards.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              +1 that is true. Nilanka Just cause you think he's not a PG doesn't mean your right. I guess you also think Westbrook, Rose, Billups, and D will aren't PG's either.
                              Rose, Billups and D.Will are definitely PGs. They run the offense, create opportunities for teammates, read defenses, and manage the clock well.

Westbrook is probably more of a combo guard, but he's also an elite player, which makes up for his lack of true PG qualities.

Bayless doesn't compare to any of these guys. He more closely resembles Jarrett Jack.

Comment

Rose, Billups and D.Will are definitely PGs. They run the offense, create opportunities for teammates, read defenses, and manage the clock well.

Westbrook is probably more of a combo guard, but he's also an elite player, which makes up for his lack of true PG qualities.

Bayless doesn't compare to any of these guys. He more closely resembles Jarrett Jack.
                                So what are you saying here, that if the guy doesn't fit your personal definition of a PG he gets a pass if he has all-world talent?

Comment

Working...
                                X