Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    On a related 'unlikely Raptors deal involving star C' thought, I was reading a few rumors on ESPN/CNNSI that Orlando may be looking to move Howard "sooner rather than later". Obviously the Raptors have Valanciunas set to come over next season, but what if...

If Howard was willing to sign long-term with the Raptors to be 'the man' for an entire country, I'm curious what the consensus would be for a deal that would likely start with the Raps sending their 2012 lottery pick & Valanciunas & DeRozan to Orlando for Howard, thus using their entire $12M cap space to absorb his contract (some filler like Davis or JJ or Forbes might also need to go to Orlando for salary purposes). A Raptors starting lineup next season that could coneceivably start with Howard, Bargnani and Nash...

As good as Howard is and as interesting as a front court pairing of Howard/Bargnani might be, I'd personally be a little wary of throwing all the trade assets and cap space at one player. But an intriguing, albeit unlikely thought.

Leave a comment:

• GameBreaker
    replied
    That would be a Hells naw!!!!! He seems like a cancer with his attitude.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    can we please not entertain this disaster any longer.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Because Casey said he's a centre
    Casey can say he's a PF and play him at PF. I think he could be effective at either position. That should always be what you're looking at.

tbihis wrote: View Post
    So you think Bynum and JV pairing could work?
    I think it could if they had the right players on the wing. The team would change overnight to an inside out offense. The Raptors would need to land some good shooters. The twin towers attack can work though. It might take a couple years to get the right guys at the 2 and 3 to support it.

I will point out that I think there is little to no chance that Bynum is playing here.

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure why people automatically assume JV can't play PF.
    So you think Bynum and JV pairing could work?

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Because Casey said he's a centre

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BallaBalla
    replied
    no way in hell...he's a prissy baby who only plays when he feels like it. "hmm, should I be the best center in the league today, or just coast....It IS the Western conference semi's....but naaahh."

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    Defensely, perhaps.

But offensively, we'd have two 7-footers who don't feel comfortable outside of 10 feet. It seems like they'd get in each other's way.
    That could be true, specially now we've seen Pau and Bynum struggle offensively in the playoffs.
    But it would be just so awesome to imagine 2 legit 7 footers clogging the paint on D!!

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    tbihis wrote: View Post
    Isnt Valaciunas quick enough to guard PFs?
    Defensely, perhaps.

But offensively, we'd have two 7-footers who don't feel comfortable outside of 10 feet. It seems like they'd get in each other's way.

Leave a comment:

• jbml
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    FUCK no... I don't believe in wrapping up 16 million in low character knuckleheads with no heart
    absolutely

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    I would not give up any assets for Bynum.

He is a great player but he is also a great pain in the bottom.

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    If we land Bynum, what happens to Valanciunas?
    I dont think Valanciunas will be ready to start for at least another year.

If the pairing works out, then the Raps can re-sign Bynum, if not, he's and expiring contract.

Isnt Valaciunas quick enough to guard PFs?

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    FUCK no... I don't believe in wrapping up 16 million in low character knuckleheads with no heart

Leave a comment:

• b2kelly
    replied
    No no no

Leave a comment:

Working...
X