Canadian Content: PG-13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Content: PG-13?

Watching the Blue Jays this year has got me thinking about the excitement that a real, talented, young, Canadian born player can bring to a team. I love watching Lawrie play... his "in your face" style and youthful enthusiasm for the game are infectious (albeit sometimes over the top), and I know some of the love is simply because he is representing our country. I think Nash would be awesome to cheer for and would love to see him in a Raps uniform, even if he is on a fast downward spiral. This idea has been effectively proposed in Matt's thread.

However, is there an up and coming (Wiggins - video), or even current NBA player (Tristan Thompson) that is Canadian born that you would love to see in a Raps jersey?

1. Which Canadians would you realistically like to acquire to fit onto the Rap's roster next season?
    2. If you could choose one guy in the next few years to be the Raps version of "Lawrie", who would it be?
    3. How many Canadians would you like to see on the team at one time?
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

I really don't care if a Canadian plays for the Raptors. Nationality has nothing to do with putting together a good team, only for selling tickets and a good story. I just want to see a winning team whether the players are from the middle of nowhere or from Canada. It's a non-factor for me.

Comment

Andrew wiggins on the raps would be the best thing ever. He would shut up all the americans bitching about canada and show them we ain't messing around

Comment

Kabongo.

Comment

Nash and Kabongo followed by Wiggins.

Comment

Todd McCullough.

Comment

Wiggins
              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

i dont care about where a player comes from, i just want that person to be productive.
                We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Jamaal Magloire

Comment

To get Wiggins, the Raptors are really going to have to blow chunks next year (or possibly the year after if he does not reclassify). That assumes he continues to be awesome relative to his peers.

Comment

It think they need to find a way to get Wiggins when he's ready. At any cost.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        To get Wiggins, the Raptors are really going to have to blow chunks next year (or possibly the year after if he does not reclassify). That assumes he continues to be awesome relative to his peers.
                        Im never one for losing but if that is the hand were dealt with, then im rolling with it. I strongly doubt we are going to suck next year. So getting Wiggins is next to impossible seeing hes a top 5 pick next draft or the one after. You never know maybe if we trade for that pick somehow we'd be able to draft him.

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                          Im never one for losing but if that is the hand were dealt with, then im rolling with it. I strongly doubt we are going to suck next year. So getting Wiggins is next to impossible seeing hes a top 5 pick next draft or the one after. You never know maybe if we trade for that pick somehow we'd be able to draft him.
                          As I am sure you know, there is no guarantee what will happen. 2 years ago Harrison Barnes was a sure-fire number 1 pick. That obviously didn't pan out.

I'm ready for the Raptors to start competing. With a hands on off-season of training and coaching plus a full training camp (nevermind whatever trades or free agents occur), I can't see the Raptors in the hunt for lottery balls next year. I'm not ready to proclaim playoffs but they should be a 12/13/14 pick if they don't.

Comment

As I am sure you know, there is no guarantee what will happen. 2 years ago Harrison Barnes was a sure-fire number 1 pick. That obviously didn't pan out.

I'm ready for the Raptors to start competing. With a hands on off-season of training and coaching plus a full training camp (nevermind whatever trades or free agents occur), I can't see the Raptors in the hunt for lottery balls next year. I'm not ready to proclaim playoffs but they should be a 12/13/14 pick if they don't.
                            Yeah i have to agree if somebody is considered a high pick that opinion can change fairly easily, and there are a ton of examples.

With Colangelo telling the fans and media that this team is now past the rebuilding stage and are nearly ready to compete for playoffs, it would be a major disappointment if the team keeps losing games next season. I feel we're one or two key pieces from taking over the atlantic division in the next few years.

Comment

Kabongo.
                              I think his game is more suited to the NBA game than the NCAA game. He reminds me of Rubio, so I hope his experience with the national team can bring him the same confidence that Rubio has. Selfishly, I was hoping he would declare and the Raps could pick him up, but I think it is better for him to mature another year in NCAA.
                              “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                              ― John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X