Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors talking Lowry trades with Rockets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I agree especially with the bold.

I just think the cost compared to the long term benefits is too steep.

I think the assets Toronto would be giving up are more valuable than the proposed return.
    Agreed. In the proposed trade, IMO the two best pieces are Bargnani and the #8 pick, both of which are going to Houston. That alone is reason enough for me to say no.

I wouldn't mind Lowry, but would not give up the #8 pick for him, even in a swap of picks.

Comment

I have to say the trade Charlz suggested did peek my interest. Lowry is as much of an all-star as Bargnani is. So in my opinion the two are a wash. Scola is an upgrade over Calderon however I am worried about Scola's age and his contract. I'd prefer my PF to be able to play defense.. and although Scola is better than Bargnani, he's still not that great in that department.

The swapping of picks is also a concern.

In the end, I think I would pass, but I had to really think about it for awhile.

Comment

the trade would most likely look something like this... IMO

Calderon+Davis=Lowry+Martin

Comment

I think there are about 13 PGs better than Lowry:

Paul, Rose, Williams, Westbrook, Rondo, Parker, Nash, Irving, Wall, Rubio, Holliday, Lawson, Curry(sg?)

I would group him in the Jennings/Conley category

I don't think he is the perfect solution to our PG problem but at around 6mil for the next 2 years he is a damn good option - he adds huge upgrade in defence, increased pg offence (not as efficient as Jose) and energy

if he grows as a player we will have first stab at him in his prime

unless we draft Lillard I would be all over this and willing to part with anyone besides the 2012 pick, JV or AB....including the 2013 pick is an option (unless your praying for Wiggins)

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post

I would trade Bargnani for Martin and and Lowry.
            http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7s4up2m

Somehow highly doubt Houston would do it though. Morey has half a brain.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post

Why do people think that Houston would be so quick to get rid of a guy who is not yet 30 years old, is a Career 18ppg Scorer, and has done so while shooting .450 FG% and .370 from 3?

On top of that, he led the league in both 3 pointers and Free Throws just a couple seasons ago. Dude is a player, and was Houstons leading scorer 2 seasons in a row.
              Houston won't be giving him away for just anything.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Why do people think that Houston would be so quick to get rid of a guy who is not yet 30 years old, is a Career 18ppg Scorer, and has done so while shooting .450 FG% and .370 from 3?

On top of that, he led the league in both 3 pointers and Free Throws just a couple seasons ago. Dude is a player, and was Houstons leading scorer 2 seasons in a row.
                Houston won't be giving him away for just anything.
                He and McHale clashed this year. He is owed $12.4M next season. Courtney Lee puts up more efficient numbers at a much cheaper price.

I definitely agree with your last sentence.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  I really liked how he took on a leadership role with Houston this season and how he really upped his game...surprised he's only 25, as it seems like he's been in the L for much longer. As Ceez mentioned Jose is better at running the pick n' roll and keeps his turnovers down, but as Brent Barry mentioned during the pregame of the OKC/Spurs game (speaking about Westbrook) you can live with a higher turnover rate for a scoring point guard. The edge would have to go to Lowry, especially since Jose is getting twice the $$
                  See, I disagree with this point. Obviously OKC is an amazing team, but we're out to win the whole damn thing not make the conference finals. I just don't think that someone with Westbrook's decision making can get them over the hump. PG's cannot have that many turnovers, and this does not even include the possessions where he just dribbles up and takes a jumper.

The point is we need a guy who can defend his position. That's the only reason why we need to move Jose, because he is not a great defender. At the same time, if we picked up some really great wing defenders and JV can actually block shots, we can afford to have him be a little bit worse than average.

I am not sure how much of an upgrade Lowry is than Jose in this respect. With so many young guys, I know a big head is a bad thing, and Jose's personality only helps us in the short term.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    He and McHale clashed this year. He is owed $12.4M next season. Courtney Lee puts up more efficient numbers at a much cheaper price.
                    Well then ... Some good points I suppose. Thanks for clearing up Matt! haha

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Well then ... Some good points I suppose. Thanks for clearing up Matt! haha
                      Hope you know there was no d!ck intended in the reply!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Hope you know there was no d!ck intended in the reply!
                        Pish posh. I was quite sincere in my thanks! Suppose its hard to tell the difference on here.

But ya, I asked and you answered! haha
                        I didn't know he and McHale clashed.. go figure. Another one? haha

One could argue that he earns his pay, but regardless, wasn't aware he made that much.

And Courtney Lee is indeed a solid young prospect.
                        Last edited by Joey; Wed May 30, 2012, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• How likely are we able to actually get Lowry? It would be a great addition to the team, he's a solid PG but would do u think it would cost? I hope not giving away any of our assets like Ed davis or someone...anyways apparently I read somewhere that Alvin Williams mentored him, would that help convince him to come to Toronto? It seems everytime I google "Toronto raptors trade", talks of Lowry and the Raptors keep on being mentioned more frequently, it just sounds to good to be true

Comment

• Demar_8756 wrote: View Post
                            How likely are we able to actually get Lowry? It would be a great addition to the team, he's a solid PG but would do u think it would cost? I hope not giving away any of our assets like Ed davis or someone...anyways apparently I read somewhere that Alvin Williams mentored him, would that help convince him to come to Toronto? It seems everytime I google "Toronto raptors trade", talks of Lowry and the Raptors keep on being mentioned more frequently, it just sounds to good to be true
                            i don't see him moving until the rockets pgs issue is decided. it is one or the other for them but they can't risk trading lowry now and then dragic leaving too.

my favourite trade scenario for that is our pick and a player for lowry and one of their picks.

Comment

• Demar_8756 wrote: View Post
                              How likely are we able to actually get Lowry? It would be a great addition to the team, he's a solid PG but would do u think it would cost? I hope not giving away any of our assets like Ed davis or someone...anyways apparently I read somewhere that Alvin Williams mentored him, would that help convince him to come to Toronto? It seems everytime I google "Toronto raptors trade", talks of Lowry and the Raptors keep on being mentioned more frequently, it just sounds to good to be true
                              Lowry's under contract, which means he's only coming here if he's traded. So it wouldn't matter if he "wants" to come or not. Lowry goes where ever Daryl Morey sends him.

Comment

Working...
                              X